Upgrade 1.4 to 2.3.1 relay node

• I have just upgraded my serial gateway from 1.4 to 2.3.1. All my 1.4 sensors seem to be working fine. So that gives me a good starting point to upgrade them all.

However I have two relay sensors which I can't get to work.

I believe its down to the changes in message sent from the gateway to the sensor

The 1.4 message was - 0-0-1-1 s=7,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,st=ok:1

node-id(1);child-sensor-id(7);message-type(1 Set);ack(0);sub-type(2 V_LIGHT);payload(1 On)\n

The 2.3.1 message is 0-0-1-1,s=7,c=1,t=2,pt=0,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1
    The following extra data "sg=0,ft=0".

I guess that the node will have to be updated for it to work, but can someone point me in the direction of the documentation on the changes of the message structure for the "sg=0,ft=0" .

many thanks.

• Mod

@allysmith there have been 1336 commits to MySensors since v1.4. So pinpointing the exact changes will likey require a lot of digging. While you might be able to find a solution, finding a solution will probably require substantially more time than upgrading the node to 2.x.

sg indicates signing (0 means off)
    ft is failed uplink transmission counter

These are just part of the debug output, they are not included in the message

See https://www.mysensors.org/apidocs/group__MyTransportgrp.html for documentation

• @allysmith You can't take a 1.4 code as it is and use it with 2.3.1 - As @mfalkvidd says there are a lot of changes.

Post your code and you might be able to get some pointers as to what needs to change.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics