MyControler V1.4.0 issues

• Hi all,

First of all, great controller. i've been using for a week, and it is great!!

I define my self as a complete noobs, and so, i'm here asking for your assistance, if you please.
    I've got the MySensors gateway in a raspberry pi. It has Mycontroller in the same pi as well. its configured as ethernet, and listening in 0.0.0.0:5003. All the nodes appearing, wich means, working great.
    Sadly, i've got a power down in my house, for an instant, but the raspberry pi rebooted.
    First issue, i'cant put MYcontroller to start at boot. Following all the steps, i got:
    0_1551700467275_8538e6dc-dffe-4e5b-af81-e1efed14f4f3-image.png

I dont know else what to do. I've used root login to put the file in the etc/init.d folder, done everything in the tutorial, but i am still getting that error. What can i do?

Also, and this is issue number 2 i've found that the gateway, after a few hours, had a status DOWN. and even after checking everything, that did not changed.. So i've formated the SD card, and installed everything again. Now, it is active and working, but i am not sure why that happened.

Can i ask please for your assistance on those matters?

Thanks in advance!!
    Andre

• Plugin Developer

@andmaster Thank you for your patience!
    Do you see any error in mycontroller/logs/mycontroller.log?
    Can you trigger mycontroller/bin/start.sh manually?

• @andmaster I have mycontroller starting via crontab and this always works for me, you could try that and see how it works for you. Here on pi3 it is working no problem and every reboot mycontroller comes right back up.

If you can I would recommend replacing the SD card with a SSD HDD. They are quite cheap now (less than £20 in UK) and seem much faster and more stable. I have mine connected to pi via usb adaptor and it is working well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that a good quality power supply and good thick cable from power supply to raspberry pi are strongly advised. Pi seems to be affected by power quality easily. I have been around the block a few times with this!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics