[SOLVED] Transport device initialization failed - Mqqt gateway

• Hi,
    I went over a few of the posts that describe similar issue that I'm experiencing, but nothing helped.
    So here is my problem:
    Board: Itead IBoard (link)
    Radio: NRF24L01+ (link) - tried a couple of these
    Sketch: GatewayW5100MQTTClient (link) - I just changed necessary IP addresses (MY_IP_ADDRESS and MY_CONTROLLER_IP_ADDRESS).

Using Iboard should have been a pretty straightforward. I just plug radio to nRF24L01+ module interface and uploaded the sketch. But, I'm always getting the following error (link).

I even tried building gateway using Arduino Uno and W5100 R3 Network Ethernet Shield (link), but the error message is the same.

Am I missing something?
    Any feedback I really appreciated.

Regards

• Mod

@taserface987 Hi, and welcome to the forum!

The error "11 !TSM:INIT:TSP FAIL Transport device initialization failed" indicates that the radio failed to initialize correctly.

I found the schematics of the board (https://www.itead.cc/wiki/images/5/50/SCH_IM120410001_iBoard.pdf) and the AVR SPI bus that usually has a direct connection to the the nRF24 is connected differently:
    0_1567231726417_c9079fde-8e27-44da-b986-4819feff09f6-image.png

Could you try again, pasting following snippet just below #define MY_RADIO_RF24 in your sketch?

#define MY_SOFTSPI
    #define MY_RF24_CE_PIN        (D3)
    #define MY_RF24_CS_PIN        (D8)
    #define MY_SOFT_SPI_SCK_PIN   (D7)
    #define MY_SOFT_SPI_MISO_PIN  (D6)
    #define MY_SOFT_SPI_MOSI_PIN  (D5)

• @yveaux It's seems that helped (success log). And I'm little embarrassed that I didn't think to check IBoard specs.

Thank you.

• Mod

@taserface987 no worries, glad I could help!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics