[solved] I_REBOOT crashes arduino while I_PRESENT does work as expected?

• In MYScontroller i can send I_PRESENT and request a heartbeat to a node and i get the expected results... When i send I_REBOOT on the other hand the arduino starts blinking like crazy and the powersource needs to be removed before it works normally again. just pressing the reset button also does not work.

the last serial output before "dying" is:

20518 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-188,s=0,c=3,t=16,pt=0,l=0,sg=1:
    20533 TSF:MSG:SEND,188-188-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=17,pt=6,l=25,sg=1,ft=0,st=OK:<NONCE>
    20674 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-188,s=0,c=3,t=13,pt=0,l=1,sg=1:0

so i also have burned mysbootloader and the following things in the header:

#define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 100     // In EU the default channel 76 overlaps with wifi, so you could try using channel 100. You will have to select the same setting on every device in the network (including the gateway).
    #define MY_OTA_FIRMWARE_FEATURE

// Mysensors: security
    #define MY_SECURITY_SIMPLE_PASSWD "******"      // Be aware that longer passwords use slightly more memory.
    #define MY_SIGNING_SOFT_RANDOMSEED_PIN A7         // Setting a pin to pickup random electromagnetic noise helps make encryption more secure.

#define MY_RF24_PA_LEVEL RF24_PA_MAX              // Offers the most range, but high power can cause issues on cheap Chinese NRF24 radios

the node has no sleep, delay, wait command either...

does anybody have an idea what this could be?

• I just found out that using watchdog do reboot also does the same to the arduino (it is a nano and more people seem to have the problem specifically on nanos) ... so i guess mysensors has nothing to do with my problem. i probably need a new bootloader...

• as soon as i burned a new bootloader it worked. watchdog does not like old bootloader and since mysensors is using that for rebooting it fixed my issue.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics