Mysensors with RFM98

• Hi All,

I'm trying to migrate from RFM69 to RFM9x but need to use 433Mhz (legal in Australia). I have purchased rfm98 modules thinking they were just the 433Mhz rfm95's. I am now having issues getting anything to work.

I have simply declared the radio as rfm95 in the gateway and relay sketch which uploads and prints debug messages without any errors. I have not done anything in the sketches regarding radio frequency because i cannot find any documentation on how to do some for the RFM9x boards, only the old rfm69.

How should i be using the RFM98 with Mysensors? Any advice or pointers to where should be look would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! 🙂

• Mod

@dsiee you are correct that rfm98 is more similar to rfm98 than to rfm69. I don't think anyone has tried before, but I think you can use the MY_RFM95 configuration parameters for RFM98. They might be a bit improperly named, but they should apply to the entire rfm95 family.

See https://www.mysensors.org/apidocs/group__RFM95SettingGrpPub.html

• Admin

@dsiee You have to set the appropriate center frequency for your modules, i.e. for rfm98 use:

#define MY_RFM95_FREQUENCY RFM95_434MHZ

(RFM95_434MHZ = 433.92Mhz center frequency)

• Thank you both! That looks exctly like what i need; I was looking in the wrong spot.

Cheers!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics