Upgrade from 2.3.2-beta to stable 2.3.2

• Hi,

I am quite new in this topic.

I have so far 2 devices connected to ETH gateway on RPI3b+ and managed by Vera.

I have initially built it using the development version 2.3.2-beta.

Now when it is officially release I would like to change it to stable release 2.3.2

Is it possible to do this without loosing all of the sensor configuration? If yes, how?

Is it enough to replace the files, or I should go all the way from --configure and install??

Thanks for hints.

• Mod

@halo6 it should be sufficient to do git checkout master; git pulland then start from the build step (no need to re-run ./configure)

Upgrading should not affect your existing configuration, but make a copy of the configuration file before you start, just to be on the safe side. cp -a /etc/mysensors.conf /etc/mysensors.conf.backup

• Thank for answer, however I did not go well. Now I have 2.4.0-alpha and lost connection over nrf24L 🙂

For some reasons, I couldn't change the branch and it took the newest release from development branch.

Can I reverse it?

• Finally I was able to change the branch with "-f" but now it is talling me that all is up to date.

pi@raspberrypi:~/MySensors $ git checkout master
    Already on 'master'
    Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.

pi@raspberrypi:~/MySensors $ git pull
    Already up-to-date.

• OK, I am back now. Mission accomplished. Stable 2.3.2 applied. Radio connection is back.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics