I am in need of some programming help.

• I have a cool project I hired someone to do about a year ago, but it never worked entirely. need some help with the programming.
    Project: Driveway alert system, looooong driveway.
    I have 4 sensor beams shooting across the driveway and they are spaced about 100' apart from each other. Each can provide a NO or NC contact. I have conduit running between all 4 points and was planning to run Ethernet wire between them so all 4 points can come in contact with ONE board, 4 pins on the Moteino board. The board has a LORA radio on it and is transmitting to my Arduino receiver, which is tied to a pi running Domoticz. I hired someone a year ago to build a system for me using 4 transmitters (one for each sensor), but I don't think he knew what he was doing. We got several running temperature/humidity data but, the input pins don’t work like they’re supposed to.
    Why 4 sensors on the driveway? Eventually I’ll install my railroad signals and be able to direct one way traffic up and down the driveway! How cool is that!
    Help anyone? Happy to compensate for your efforts!```

• @bc123 said in I am in need of some programming help.:

I have a cool project

So does everyone else

I hired someone to do about a year ago, but it never worked entirely.

Why is that?

need some help with the programming.

Then post your code and the issues you are facing and someone might help you out.

Project: Driveway alert system, looooong driveway.

So it's just a basic 'alert system' - good.

I have 4 sensor beams shooting across the driveway and they are spaced about 100' apart from each other.

That is good if that is what you want/need for your cool project.

Each can provide a NO or NC contact.

Good.

I have conduit running between all 4 points

Good idea if you don't want jammable RF.....

and was planning to run Ethernet wire between them

So only empty conduit at the moment then?

The board has a LORA radio on it

Good.

and is transmitting to my Arduino receiver, which is tied to a pi running Domoticz.

Good.

I hired someone a year ago to build a system for me using 4 transmitters (one for each sensor),

You already told us this bit.

but I don't think he knew what he was doing.

Why is that?

We got several running temperature/humidity data

That wasn't the original 'alert' spec was it? Or maybe it was? Maybe it is supposed to be a driveway alert system with temperature and humidity sensors 100 feet apart? Who knows? What are you 'really' wanting to do here?

but, the input pins don’t work like they’re supposed to.

So is this faulty hardware issue then?

Why 4 sensors on the driveway? Eventually I’ll install my railroad signals and be able to direct one way traffic up and down the driveway! How cool is that!

If you really have that much traffic on your driveway then it might be a better idea to have a 2-lane driveway.

Help anyone? Happy to compensate for your efforts!

How can we help? You posted an 'alert' dream that later included temperature and humidity. Then it morphed into a traffic control system (either automatic or manually controlled, we don't know which at this stage).
    Then you ask for programming help and don't even post a single line of code.

Yes that was all a bit 'tounge-in-cheek' but hopefully you get the idea. 😉

First define what you actually want.
    Post code you are trying to get working.
    Post drawings of how it is all connected up.
    Post photos of the project.

Where is the project located on this once fine planet?
    Where do I get my compensation from? 😉

• Thanks for the response. This is my first time posting to the site, so trying to figuring out how it works and trying to keep it concise.

What is the best way to upload the code?? I tried uploading file, but it only wants to see gifs, jpegs etc?
    Do I just copy it in the post?
    What pictures would you like to see? The driveway? the equipment?

• @bc123 Read and understand the posting rules here.

I know this is your first post here... but how is that? How did you find your last 'programmer' for mys if not here> Just curious.

Post code in code tags (as per the instructions) - i.e. choose the </> in the options above. Then paste 'your' code (if the original code is under any NDS or copyright then you do so at your own risk).

Pictures of the wiring, as installed and wiring diagrams.

Oh, and a full spec of what you expect and how it is all supposed to work would be a good start.

Seasons greetings all the same to you.! 😉

I'm off to drink more alcohol than any sane person would.... 🙂 - Apparently it is 'that' time of year.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics