loadState in 2.3.2 is not a happy function....

• I am trying to get another node done and using saveState and loadState in the node for power cut recovery.

Although I can get saveState to work in the receive function (wasn't expecting that to complie I must admit), whenever I try to loadState in setup I get an error like this.....

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini, ATmega328P (5V, 16 MHz)"

WARNING: Spurious .ci folder in 'MySensors' library
    WARNING: Spurious .mystools folder in 'MySensors' library
    C:\Users\captain\Documents\Arduino\MYS-M_BED_LED-0.2\MYS-M_BED_LED-0.2.ino: In function 'void setup()':

MYS-M_BED_LED-0.2:69:23: error: too many arguments to function 'uint8_t loadState(uint8_t)'

loadState(10, lights);

^

In file included from C:\Users\captain\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/MySensors.h:433:0,

from C:\Users\captain\Documents\Arduino\MYS-M_BED_LED-0.2\MYS-M_BED_LED-0.2.ino:32:

C:\Users\captain\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MySensors/core/MySensorsCore.cpp:550:9: note: declared here

uint8_t loadState(const uint8_t pos)

^~~~~~~~~

exit status 1
    too many arguments to function 'uint8_t loadState(uint8_t)'

This report would have more information with
    "Show verbose output during compilation"
    option enabled in File -> Preferences.

void setup()
    {
      Serial.begin(9600);

// loadState(1, SOUND_Armed);
      // loadState(7, Auto_lights);
      loadState(10, lights);
      if (lights == 1) {
        newcodeRX == 1;
        code = 0xFFA25D;
      }
      irrecv.enableIRIn(); // Start the receiver
      LightMeter.begin();
      wdt_enable(WDTO_8S);
    }

So I wonder why saveState(10, lights); compiles and loadState(10, lights); does not? What am I not knowing about this as I have not had this issue before.

• Admin

Do

lights = loadState(10);

• @hek You are a star!

That works as expected - so I guess that saveState should also have this construction.

Did this change recently or have I just been lucky doing it the way I originally had it?

• Admin

It has always been like this. In order to do like you propose, you'd have to send in a pointer for the light variable into the function to be able to update it. This would be a bit awkward and none standard for simple scalar values.

• Just tested this and my assumption was incorrect it seems (using arduino 1.8.9 and mysensors 2.3.2).....

Correct usage is......

lights = loadState(10); //to read value from eeprom to variable.
    saveState(10, lights); //to write value from variable to eeprom.

Now I got it!

• @hek Thanks! Our posts crossed in the matrix!

I even got this right on a previous sketch, but a lot has been going on for me lately and I am finding it difficult to concentrate on things.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics