Digital Densimeter Different approaches

• As a computer nerd and home brewer Iā€™m trying to solve this question: can I monitor de fermentation of my beer from my computer/smartphone?

You know your beer is ready for the next step of the process when the yeast stop working on your worth. There are several ways to estimate this:

1. Specific gravity of the worth. Measure with a densimeter. More info here: https://www.craftbeer.com/craft-beer-muses/defining-gravity
      2)CO2 output. Yeast eat the sugar of the worth and produce CO2 and ethanol.
      3)Ethanol saturation is the fermenter
    2. Capacitance of the worth. The wort is basically a sugar solution that get almost all its sugar removed during the fermentation, thus the capacitance of the solution will change.

I will be trying different aprachs to the above ideas and Iā€™m open to your suggestions.

Iā€™m currently experimenting with the capacitive sensor.

• @Anthalas CO2 concentration at the fermentation trap outlet could work once you calibrate it, but a simpler method would be listening or watching for bubbles passing in a minute or less, hear them check again tomorrow or in 12 hours, hear none call ET, it's party time? šŸ˜‰

I used to open the cupboard and look, but that was in the days of black and white when caves were caves, but still a tried and tested technique if it doesn't work šŸ™‚

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics