Sensebendermicro.ino verify errors

• Hi gentle people,

[New here, have searched the forum and not found any solution yet, so trying my first post...]

Have one Sensebender Micro for years now (and a couple of Arduino pro minis steering some lights) and it still runs the standard sketch Sensebendermicro.ino... As I want to do some home automation and add some security I thought it best to use the Sensebender Micro but can't really get started properly as the basic provided sketch already gives me troubles...

I installed Arduino 1.6.13 on a Windows machine, MySensors Library 2.3.2, added the board by adding the link (as described on https://github.com/mysensors/ArduinoBoards) to the additional boards under preferences and added the Sensebender Micro. So far so good, sort of... except that the Arduino IDE then gives errors saying that dependencies of SandeepMisty are missing, not sure if these dependencies are relevant?

But the real problem is that I get errors when verifying the sketch saying

\Documents\Arduino\sketch_mar26a\sketch_mar26a.ino:61:20: fatal error: SI7021.h: No such file or directory

#include <SI7021.h>

I see it is not in the Mysensors 2.3.2 library anymore?

Then if I add this from other source (earlier MySensor library) I get errors on missing libraries

sha204_lib_return_codes.h
    sha204_library.h

which are in the example files,

and

RunningAverage.h

which isn't...

I am probably doing something very wrong here, as I cannot google / forum find any solutions and this seems basic stuff... any clues would be appreciated, thanks

PRG

• @PRGelBueno did you ever resolve the error? I'm seeing the same issue and have gone through the same troubleshooting steps to no avail.

SensebenderMicro:66:10: fatal error: sha204_lib_return_codes.h: No such file or directory
     #include <sha204_lib_return_codes.h>
              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    sha204_lib_return_codes.h: No such file or directory

Thanks,
    Brendan

• According to https://platformio.org/lib/search?query=sha204_lib_return_codes.h, it looks like it is part of MySensors (and my feeling is ultimately it's imported from one of the following libraries in that list which is likely the ultimate source).

The above very convenient search functionality is just one of many reasons I have switched from official Arduino IDE to PlatformIO. It is very handy tracking down missing dependencies.

It would probably get you working to specify one of those libraries (in PlatformIO this is as simple as specifying it in your config file in the root directory of your project) and then it will automatically be downloaded and compiled along with everything else.

Which only leaves one issue (for MySensors devs) which would be: What happened? I guess if none of them pop in here soon, I will try and remember to lodge issue at GitHub.

EDIT: Another possibility is that Arduino IDE simply cannot find the library or the file. Maybe someone else can help you there, as I gave up on the official IDE (another reason I don't like it, I never liked their folder structure and way they seem to lump everything together).

• Thanks @TRS-80 I started down the path of setting up Platform.io for that reason. Currently using it for building Marlin firmware but have not set it up for the MySensors yet. The library files all appear to be in MySensors Libraries so I don't know why it cannot find them:

sha204_lib_return_codes.h
    sha204_library.cpp
    sha204_library.h

• SI7021.h isn't part of of the main MySensors repo anymore since 2.0 was introduced. You can download it from the MySensors examples repo.

RunningAverage.h is available here or directly from the Arduino library manager.

And finally, sha204_lib_return_codes.h and sha204_library.h can be obtained from the Security Personalizer sketch. If you're going to copy and paste those files into the Arduino project folder, you may need to replace the <...> brackets around the included file with "..." (e.g. #include "sha204_library.h"), or else the IDE might not find them.

After solving the dependencies, I got it compiling on both Arduino IDE...

Sketch uses 17586 bytes (57%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
    Global variables use 749 bytes (36%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1299 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

... and PlatformIO

RAM:   [====      ]  36.4% (used 746 bytes from 2048 bytes)
    Flash: [======    ]  57.1% (used 17536 bytes from 30720 bytes)
    ========================= [SUCCESS] Took 1.64 seconds =========================

I don't know why there are so many missing dependencies in in the Sensebender Micro example. Considering that it has been updated three years ago for the last time, it might be time for a review? (Maybe it's also time for me to finally get a GitHub account... ) Adding hints on how and where to find the missing dependencies I've listed above in the readme file might be sufficient - it's compiling, but I can't tell if it'll run as expected.

Would be great if any of you could report back if you got it working on the actual hardware.

• @BearWithBeard said in Sensebendermicro.ino verify errors:

Maybe it's also time for me to finally get a GitHub account

Please do, friend! Many hands make light work... 😃 You are certainly knowledgeable enough!

IMO, ultimately this should be fixed in MySensors, as it is supposed to be "ready to go" sort of packaged solution. In the meantime I post the troubleshooting steps however to try and "feed a man to fish" so to speak...

• Thanks @BearWithBeard it is working now.

@BearWithBeard said in Sensebendermicro.ino verify errors:

And finally, sha204_lib_return_codes.h and sha204_library.h can be obtained from the Security Personalizer sketch. If you're going to copy and paste those files into the Arduino project folder, you may need to replace the <...> brackets around the included file with "..." (e.g. #include "sha204_library.h"), or else the IDE might not find them.

I forgot I had to change the <...> brackets around the included file with "..." for the referenced libraries when copied locally. I also got platform.io setup so I'm going to transition to using it going forward in order to help pin the dependencies.

• Good to hear you got it sorted!

@mountainman said in Sensebendermicro.ino verify errors:

I also got platform.io setup so I'm going to transition to using it going forward in order to help pin the dependencies.

Neat! I'm really curious to hear how you get on with it.

But then I thought, maybe better make a separate thread for that, so I did so here.

• @BearWithBeard had the same issues when I tried to recompile existing sketch and dug out the above libraries. My problem is that I then get a compile error "'atsha204Class' does not name a type; did you mean 'atsha204_read'?" at this line "atsha204Class sha204(sha204Pin);" Was just going to update working sketch to new mysensors library - but I guess not.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics