RaspberryPi 4 as a gateway/controller

• Hi All,

I want to make my Raspberry Pi a gateway of MySensors RS485 networ and controller of home automation using Domoticz.

Hardware i've got:

1. Raspberry Pi 4 (2GB RAM)
    2. Converter USB <-> RS485 (it uses FTDI FR232RL chip) connected to the RPI
    3. Converter RS485 <-> UART (MAX485)
    4. Arduino Uno

I was trying to use this tutorial: https://www.mysensors.org/build/raspberry

But i think, i'm making something wrong.

After i connect the USB converter to the RPI i've got this answers:

1. ls -l /dev/tty* (images -> attachment: RPI1)
    2. ls -l /dev/serial* (images -> attachment: RPI2)
    3. ls -l /dev/serial/by-id/ (images -> attachment: RPI3)

What parameters should i use to configure this system correctly ?
    I tried:
    ./configure --my-transport=rs485 --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-is-pty --my-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200

And:
    ./configure --my-transport=rs485 --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-is-pty --my-serial-port=usb-FTDI_FT232R_USB_UART_A50285BI-if00-port0 --my-serial-baudrate=115200

And what should i type in examples_linux/mysgw.cpp file (preprocessor definitions)? (images -> attachment: RPI4)

I made (make command) both configurations, and i've got the same ./bin/mysgw logs messages. (images -> attachment: RPI5)

To the RS485 network, i connected RS485 node example (MotionSensorRS485)

And at the end, how to cofigure domoticz hardware, when i want to use raspberry pi gateway?
    RPI1.jpg
    RPI2.jpg
    RPI3.jpg
    RPI4.jpg
    RPI5.jpg

• Okey, i know more.

So, I programmed Arduino using MotionSensorRS485 example.
    And using monitor COM tool, i see this in arduino logs:
    arduino.jpg

And by using this command:
    ./configure --my-gateway=serial --my-serial-is-pty --my-serial-port=/dev/ttyUSB020
    im saying RaspberryPi to create the gateway that commucnicates with controller using virtual serial port (/dev/ttyUSB020),

and i think that by editing file examples_linux/mygw.cpp i'm choosing serial port for RS485 network (sensors network).

After i add the hardware to the domoticz controller, i've got this:
    domoticz1.jpg

domoticz2.jpg

but still node is unknown.
    Please help.

• I checked the frames. And when i coneccted USB-RS485 to the computer i've got this in Realterm:
    realterm_win7.jpg

And next in python script on Raspbeery Pi i've got this:
    python_rpi4.jpg

So, i think the communication beetwen Raspberry Pi and Arduino is working (through USB-RS485 converter).

How should looks the frame of presentation, and sendSketchInfo ?

• I bought second arduino uno.

And, first Arduino has example MotionSensorRS485,
    second Arduino has example GetwaySerialRS485.

And i have got the same situation. So even Gateway on Arduino doesn't see MotionSensor.

Next test i made, i disconnected MAX485 converters, and i connected UART pins from first arduino to the second one (UART = Rx(8) <-> Tx(9), Tx(9)<->Rx(8)) and GND. And i have got the same result. Gateway doesn't see sensor.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics