Ok, finally it's solved. I installed everything from scratch. Then installed your sandeep lib from your github. And finally added the LEDs and Buttons to the variants.h. That compiled successfully. And my problem was that the sensor is sleeping and I couldn'T get a heartbeat answered.
So everything is clear and now testing...
You can put 100uf on each even 200uf would not be able to handle only one tx, so..
but you need them at least for coin cells.
you would need more capa to handle tx..but the more capa the more time they take for recharging, and the recharging if big, increase internal res of the coin cell and that's not so good too; to prevent this that would need a current resistor limiter..etc a whole balance!
On mine for instance, I have 100uF for coincell, 100uF for PIR and 86uf on radio. Fresh varta coincell 3.02V, after multiple presentation tx 2.85V if I remember, not so bad. but that's an homemade pcb.
Another notes, it's better to use ceramic capacitor (because of leakage, if you want to optimize), and better smd, but that's not your case I think.
The warmup time of the MH Z19b is 3 minutes. So 2 is probably fine, but you could probably do 3 just in case. Although 2 would save your more battery time.
Do you mind explaining your setup a bit more? I would love to do something similar but I do not know where to get started with the PIC microcontroller!
manufacturers datasheets, RF appnotes etc all mention this, with results for different usecases (like gnd plane size etc). I mentioned it a few times on the forum:
nothing under or near antenna (keep out zone)
their matching circuit, and CE/FCC certif are based on their development boards+their antenna if external, often without enclosure.
there are a very few pcb antennas which are resilient to untuning. ceramic or meandered pcb are usually more compact but less resilient (like when you approach your hand and device suddently has better or worst communication)
once you change any of these parameters (board shape, gnd size, enclosure etc), it breaks FCC, and may need retuning, still you can get useable range.
"ideally" tuning should be done once enclosed for example. manufacturers can't cover all cases.
on my side, I try to follow these rules. and when interested in a design or a device, I check this. Mainly the routing+gnd, antenna choice, keepout zone, and orientation vs my usecase (long range needed or not for example)
@nca78 about my gateways:
an old gateway running on MySensors 1.5 for years now. There are several nodes and sensors connected through it like temperature sensors, relays, switches. It controls my heating system with heat pump, buffering, 18 circles of floor heating, garden irrigation, alarm system, and some lights just for fun.
the new gateway is a gateway to a Bluetooth network. Since MySensors has a great serial API and I have some experience with it I preferred to use it without a radio. I also think that it will be an interesting way of development and it could help to make MySensors even more popular. I had an idea to fork the library but unfortunately I don't have the experience and time to make it in good quality. But I'm sure letting developers to build connectors to different protocols is a very good idea. Catching Bluetooth messages from the air and decode them (with some reverse engineering) to send it through the MySensors gateway is relatively simple compared to the bidirectional communications. Processing some simple sensor data is a good first step.
@Yveaux said in Battery Powered Sensors:
.... All was ok, so what did you change (and why)
A the very beginning, hesitating with the procedure, I've probably burnt the Minicore bootloader in the programming ProMini without noticing it... That's the only explanation I see.