OH3 - MySensors Binding

• Hello,

has anyone of you guys already a bibdign version for OH3?

• Hi,
    I don't use MySensors binding so I have not tested it in OH3. But I know, that there are not binding special for OH3. All binding 2x should work with OH3. Difference is with binding 1x - these are not working with OH3.

• The 2.5 binding does not work out of the box in OpenHAB 3 for me.

2020-12-22 22:53:34.555 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [272]
      Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

I guess it has somehing to do with this?

https://community.openhab.org/t/guide-binding-development-changes-for-openhab-3-from-2-5-x/104134

Namespace change of openHAB core classes
    With the migration of Eclipse Smart Home to openHAB the namespace of all classes in openHAB core needed to be changed. This means all imports done by bindings that refer to org.eclipse.smarthome have been changed to org.openhab.core. With your binding code you can simply do a file level replace of this text string in the java source files to migrate the binding. On linux you can use the following commands in you src/main/java directory:

find . -name *.java -exec sed -i "s/org.eclipse.smarthome.core/org.openhab.core/g" {} ;
    find . -name *.java -exec sed -i "s/org.eclipse.smarthome/org.openhab.core/g" {} ;

• Well it seems that there isn't and ther won't be a mysensors binding anymore. It was abandoned by the developer.

So as of december 2020, with OpenHAB 3, the way to go is plain MQTT.

I can't say I disagree really. MQTT is simple and works.

I'm going to start from scratch and try to document my experience here.

• Sad to hear that. I really liked the binding. I used MQTT before the binding and it worked but the binding was easier to use with auto ID and so on. Looking forward on following your progress. I guess I have to do the same, when I find the time.

• I'm thinking about running a separate instance of OpenHAB 2 under docker, just to get the mysensors binding functionality. Or can I get all the functionality of the binding, via MQTT? Like auto ID and that the sensor (like a watermeter) can request its previous value from the controller.

• Running OpenHAB 3 as my main system and OpenHAB 2 with the MySensors binding, under docker, works great. I use the remote binding in OpenHAB 3 to connect to OpenHAB 2. Just make sure to run them on different ports if they run on the same server.

• @Klabbe great to know. Thanks

• Hello,
    Is smartsleep option of mysensors is implemented in de mqtt gateway? I have some battery powered units to control blinds which I put a lot in (smart)sleep to preserve batteries. This functions well with OH2 and mysensors binding....I'd rather not keep and OH2 instance running next to my OH3 instance if not necessary.
    regards,

• I think so. I have a lot of battery powered nodes heavily using smartsleep and they work just fine with MQTT.

• Thanks Guillermo, are you using qos 1 for this, or are messages kept on the gateway automatically to deliver to a sensor which is asleep. Think I have to rebuild my gateway to mqtt then....

Thanks.

I'll look into the changes needed to migrate the binding to OH3 and let you know.
    Maybe it's no big deal and I'll provide a version 3 binding.

• @TimO That would be very appreciated! I really like your binding and it would be great to continue to use it without an extra instance of OpenHAB 2. I tried to compile it and got like 10 errors. Since I have zero java skills, I was unable to fix them.

• @TimO, a binding for openhab 3.0 would be very much appreciated!

I have tried the MQTT gateway, and with standard setup, messages are lost wich are sent to the node when asleep. Does anyone know how to solve this. I didnt find anything in de mqtt-gateway config. I see mqtt messages which could be read by the controller (openhab), when the node goes to sleep and wakes up, but at this moment I don't see how to implement this in openhab MQTT generic things.

Thanks...

For those of you willing to help testing the OH3 integration here is a link:

Jar Download

Please don't forget to fulfill the requirements for mqtt und serial. Installation of bindings will do.

What's working after a quick test:

• binding loads in OH3
    • serial gateway receives messages (ethernet gateway should work too)
    • discovery is working

What's not working:

• MQTT gateway: it's broken some time and needs some tinkering

Please let me know if you found some time to test the binding.

• @haasje30
    smartsleep is easy with MQTT

Initially a few years ago i tried the binding and it gave me nothing but trouble.
    While it was configured I'd watch MQTT to see what it would do.

2020-12-31 22:58:22 unoout/202/255/3/0/33 180000 (THIS IS THE SLEEP DURATION)
    2020-12-31 22:58:22 unoout/202/255/3/0/32 500 (AT THIS MOMENT YOU HAVE 500MS to GET A COMMAND SENT)

So define a thing to the channel ending in 32.
    Bind an item to that channel with an expire timer for like 10 seconds state = 0

then for your rule you'd have

rule "whatever"
    when
    Item whateverSleepItem changed from 0 to 500
    then
    whateverOtherItemThatIsSendingOutACommand.sendCommand(ON/OFF/WHATEVER)
    end

• Thanks TimO and waspie. At this moment I have one mysensors hardware gateway, which is connected to my openhab2 instance. I have an OH3 test instance, and no hardware controller for this (yet). I did an short test with my current controller, but this is not the best way for me. So I orderded an wemos D1 mini to create a new mysensors gateway. As soon as this is in I will be testing. Thanks again...

• This post is deleted!

• @haasje30 if it's mqtt both can subscribe at the same time

• @TimO Thank you! It works for me with my Ethernet Gateway. I don't have that many nodes but the ones that I have, works as good as they did with OpenHAB2. I have a watermeter, an actuator and a door sensor. Great work!

@Klabbe thank you for your feedback!

• @Klabbe great! perhaps I'll go back to ethernet gateway. Do you think is better option over mqtt gateway?

• Hello,

I did some testing with 2 openhab versions to one ethernet gateway. At first it did not discover any devices, thats because they were allready discovered in the old (2.5) version of openhab, I Think, because when I created a new mysensor device,it was immediattely discovered by the new openhab. I noticed a minor problem, there is an ability to scan (and because auto discovery did not seem to work I tried this), but after a scan the ethernet gateways failes. When you try to add a device(manually), it goes back to the first page when you select the gateway. I had to restart de openhab service to get it running again.

I tested with a new blinds sensor (with smartsleep), and smartsleep seem to work OK. So I prefer this binding over de generic mqtt binding, because stuf like request() and smartsleep() work 'out of the box'. These are my fisrt tests, I will be doing more (other sensor types) later on when I have an additional gateway available.

Regards...

• This post is deleted!

• @TimO ,

many thanks for the updated binding. I just wait to update my OpenHAB to version 3.0.0 till your binding is ready. I use a OpenHAB manual install since many years on a ArchLinuxARM system. My Mysensors gateway is a serial one, which works like a charm till OpenHAB 2.5.11 and your bindings.

Today I updated to OpenHAB 3.0.0 and tried also OpenHAB 3.1.0-Snapshot. In both cases I got the Mysensors binding not working. It shows just "Initializing" in the Things overview. mqtt and serial transport features are installed. I don't change the manual config (things / items) files from 2.5.11 to 3.0.0.

If I use the openhab console, the bundle:diag and bundle:status shows "Active" and no errors.

If I take a look into the openhab.log, I found entries like:

[WARN ] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - The binding add-on 'mysensors' does not exist - ignoring it.

or

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - A bundle with the same symbolic name (org.openhab.binding.mysensors) and version (3.1.0.202012312203) is already installed.  Updating this bundle 
    instead.

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Failed to uninstall bundle: /opt/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-3.1.0.jar.1 with id: 87. The bundle has already been uninstalled

Maybe you can share some ideas how to solve this issue? Any help is appreciated...

@kerberos Interesting find. Haven't seen something like this till now. I suggest to delete the jar file, delete the cache and start over again.

I haven't tested textual configuration, but this should work just fine and your problem occurred before the textual configuration is initialized.

• hmm maybe I go back to the binding as well. Just spent several hours migrating all to the mqtt binding. It's working now but much slower.... So when I press a button the mqtt is slower to react as with the mysensor binding is. Why so?

• @TimO

many thanks for quick answer. I already remove the jar file and delete the cache, tmp and mysensors folder in the userdata folder several times. The textual configuration is used for many years, with some small updates. I don't try the gui configuration.

If you need more data's for debugging, I will provide.

• Great work TimO your thing is working for me. Didn't do that much with it yet, so will keep testing.

• @TimO What a fantastic build, thank you so much!
    My build:
    OH2 -> 3.0.0 upgraded via raspberry pi update (in OH3 instructions)
    Battery Nodes, Color Lights, Buttons, Moisture sensors
    My Sensors Eth Gateway Serial bridge

Side note for any newbies like me out there. Follow the instructions for OH2 installation for my sensors. Follow the directions for manually adding in the addon. And using TimO's jar instead.

I've been monitoring all my logs and no issues reported, everything seems to work just like in OH2.

• @TimO
    Thanks a lot for the updated version of the openHAB Binding (jar file) for openHAB 3.
    It seems to be working well on OH 3- just perfomed some initial testing on my OH3 (3.0.0) test system.

Also I feel it might be a good idea adding a link to the new 3.1.0 jar file to the "official" Install Instruction on https://www.mysensors.org/controller/openhab - don't you agree?

• @TimO Great work.

I've had a merge request https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/pull/141 floating around for months to add a wind direction channel to the my sensors binding.

Is your code in a shared repo? I'd love help add in my enhancement into your OH3 mysensors build.

• Well, after a rather painful experience of manually upgrading and cherrypicking SerialPort changes from the decompiled OH3 mysensors jar posted above, I managed to get it a build working of the MySensors binding 3.1-SNAPSHOT.

This is the source: https://github.com/nikolac/openhab2-addons/tree/mysensors-oh3-migration/bundles/org.openhab.binding.mysensors

This fork has my addition, a direction channel on wind variables.

• @ncollins Any chance this rebased work will be pushed upstream to the openhab/openhab-addons repo? Mainline support could help this binding with future framework changes and avoid reverse engineering of code changes and simplifies the binding installation.

Also any ideas on the MQTT bridge problem? Somehow the broker name cannot be resolved as also discussed here:
    https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/10184/help-openhab-2-4-binding-mqtt

• @fabyte I'd love to see this get pulled into the main repo. Not sure if @TimO plans to continue support, but I have no problem helping or even picking up where he leaves off.

I didn't contribute any MQTT specific fixes, and I don't recall manually migrating any MQTT fixes, but let me take a look.

• @ncollins Thanks, really appreciate it 🙂 Let me know if you need more info, here's the basic config I did:

• created a mqtt broker (not system broker) This thing is ONLINE
    UID: mqtt:broker:mosquitto
    label: mosquitto
    thingTypeUID: mqtt:broker
    configuration:
      lwtQos: 0
      publickeypin: true
      keepAlive: 60
      clientid: 566e1af2-19c2-4596-904f-18b89c502e53
      qos: 0
      reconnectTime: 60000
      host: localhost
      secure: false
      certificatepin: true
      lwtRetain: true
      enableDiscovery: true

• created a MySensors MQTT Bridge with default settings (brokername = mosquitto)
    UID: mysensors:bridge-mqtt:01d212b118
    label: MySensors MQTT Gateway
    thingTypeUID: mysensors:bridge-mqtt
    configuration:
      networkSanCheckSendHeartbeat: false
      topicPublish: mygateway1-in
      networkSanCheckInterval: 3
      networkSanCheckSendHeartbeatFailAttempts: 10
      topicSubscribe: mygateway1-out
      networkSanCheckEnabled: false
      networkSanCheckConnectionFailAttempts: 3
      startupCheckEnabled: false
      brokerName: mosquitto
      imperial: false
      sendDelay: 100

Here's the logs:

09:59:32.973 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:01d212b118' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
    09:59:32.980 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge
    09:59:32.994 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached not exist.
    09:59:32.995 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached not exist. Default passed, creating it...
    09:59:32.997 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: []
    09:59:32.998 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: []
    09:59:33.011 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Enabling connection watchdog
    09:59:33.015 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge DONE!
    09:59:33.016 [DEBUG] [s.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Starting MySensors discovery scan
    09:59:33.022 [ERROR] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - No connection to broker: mosquitto
    09:59:33.027 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:01d212b118' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
    09:59:33.027 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: []
    09:59:33.029 [ERROR] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Failed connecting to bridge...next retry in 10 seconds (Retry No.:0)

I tried different broker names (like mqtt:broker:mosquitto, the clientid, different uid names, but the log always says the broker cannot be found. It maps to the following lines: link

I can provide more info if needed and try out debug versions of the binding if required.

• Okay, now i tried to configure the MQTT system broker connection and this seems to work.

• I set up the system broker and named it 'mosquitto'.
    • in the MySensors MQTT bridge, as before, I used mosquitto as Broker Name. Now the Broker Name could be resolved and the Thing is online.
    10:12:55.086 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge
    10:12:55.089 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached not exist.
    10:12:55.091 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache file: given_ids.cached not exist. Default passed, creating it...
    10:12:55.094 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: []
    10:12:55.100 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Cache (given_ids) content: []
    10:12:55.103 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Enabling connection watchdog
    10:12:55.106 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsBridgeHandler] - Initialization of the MySensors bridge DONE!
    10:12:55.108 [ERROR] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT connection offline - Reason unknown
    10:12:55.113 [DEBUG] [s.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Starting MySensors discovery scan
    10:12:55.117 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Adding consumer for topic: mygateway1-out/+/+/+/+/+
    10:12:55.127 [WARN ] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Skipping I_VERSION connection test, not recommended...
    10:12:55.133 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:84dd4a387f' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    10:12:55.133 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: []
    10:12:55.139 [INFO ] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.

But
    I'm having troubles with the MQTT system broker, it can't connect the broker instance.

com.hivemq.client.mqtt.exceptions.ConnectionClosedException: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
            at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
            at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39) ~[?:?]
            at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:276) ~[?:?]
            at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:233) ~[?:?]
            at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:223) ~[?:?]
            at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:358) ~[?:?]
            at io.netty.buffer.PooledByteBuf.setBytes(PooledByteBuf.java:247) ~[bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:1147) ~[bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:347) ~[bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:148) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:700) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:635) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:552) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:514) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$6.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:1044) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

Since this seems more a OpenHAB/mosquitto issue I will dig into it myself.

Edit
    The MQTT System Broker seems to be a concept from OH2, where a MQTT broker was shipped internally with OpenHAB and it seems to be broken in OH3 (OH Forum).

This leaves me with the following conclusions:

1. The MySensors binding configuration references the MQTT system broker connection
    2. With OH3, this MQTT System Broker is not working anymore.

I suppose the correct way of handling this issue is to make the MySensors binding reference a normal MQTT Broker bridge, not a System Broker bridge.
    Anyone who knows what changes this would require? My guess is that it should be manageable -> Source Code

• @fabyte this is helpful.

My intuition says the embedded mqtt broker and the generic mqtt binding create the same "mqtt" connection service behind the scenes. I'm guessing the generic mqtt binding isn't registering its service by name, or it's registering it by some other key.

I'd like to get the mysensors addon to work with both mqtt brokers if possible.

• @ncollins Yes, it looks like some resources are blocked or not resolved correctly when using the system broker.
    But the system broker functionality comes with the mqtt binding itself. Here is a screen of the settings when I deleted the mqtt binding:
    2.png

Also I never got the system broker working, even without defining a generic mqtt broker thing.

• After reinstalling the mqtt bindung the MQTT System Broker connection now could be established - strange, that a reinstall was required since I did several OpenHAB system restarts and those didn't fix it.

Well, now the MySensors binding is working with the system broker:
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 195800.png
    Here's a MySensors temperature item:
    Screenshot 2021-02-22 201902.png

To sum up, here's what I did

1. (manually) installed MySensors binding
    2. uninstalled mqtt binding
    3. installed mqtt binding
    4. set up the MQTT system broker connection
      4.1 set Connection Name to systembroker
      4.2 set Broker Host to localhost (it's running on the same device)
      4.3 Show advanced -> set Broker Port to 1883 since it was always using 8883 but I don't use a secure connection
      (4.4 I didn't set a clientid, no user and no password)
    5. set up the MySensors MQTT Gateway thing
      5.1 set Broker Name to systembroker

• @fabyte Nice work. I don't use mysensors-mqtt, but I do have a lot of tasmota devices using the generic mqtt binding.

I followed your directions to create system broker, then changed my existing mqtt broker connection to a "systemBroker" and referenced it by brokerid (Broker Name).

I had one other issue, the new system broker wouldn't start up. I had to manually add secure="false" to /opt/openhab/userdata/config/org/openhab/mqttbroker.config .

Maybe you can get away with toggling "Secure Connection?" a couple of times.

Hey @fabyte and @ncollins!

I just want you to know, that I'm still there, but out of time at the moment. My third child was born just recently and I don't have any time for the binding at the moment.
    I'm really sorry you had to reverse engineer the binding to add your code. That's awfully wrong.
    We need to create a new common base to continue the work on the binding.
    I was not able to add the binding to the official repo because of the formal requirements from the Openhab Team. I'm sure these requirements are needed, but I'm no professional in java. I struggled mainly at the nonnull annotations that are needed.

• @TimO Congratulations on your child 👏
    I know it's an exciting time and definitely more important than developing a OH binding 😁
    Spending time with your family should always be number 1 priority and you can't blame anyone for taking time off from a internet community 🙂

• @TimO Congrats!

I've been looking some of the other addon-ons and your code actually looks a lot better than most. I think the base is pretty solid.

I'll take a look at the annotations, and maybe getting some more traditional unit tests in place.

If we get to a point where a merge is acceptable, maybe we can move the maintenance fork to the MySensors repo.

• @TimO & @fabyte I took a stab at making all of the classes/interfaces @NonNullByDefault and adding/overriding null checks throughout. It builds fine, seems to be working well with my ethernet gateway.

I'm going to look at unit testing next.

https://github.com/nikolac/openhab2-addons/tree/mysensors-oh3-migration/bundles/org.openhab.binding.mysensors

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.37.43 AM.png

• @ncollins

I have been trying to get MySensors working with OH3 for a few days now and have just stumbled upon this thread. How opportune!!!

I am just trying to get a temp/hum arduino nano with a NRF24L01 hooked up to PI400 with OH3 using this link:

https://www.smarthomeblog.net/diy-home-automation-sensors-first-node/

Since I am starting from scratch with a simple proof of concept there might be some easy testing to be done with my setup.

Do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

• @haloway13 Glad to see you're diving in.

Have you set up your gateway yet? If not, try this https://www.mysensors.org/build/raspberry. I find it's easier to build and debug node with a working gateway.

• @ncollins

I believe so.

openhabian@openhabian:~/MySensors $ sudo ./bin/mysgw
    Feb 28 14:28:54 INFO  Starting gateway...
    Feb 28 14:28:54 INFO  Protocol version - 2.4.0-alpha
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG MCO:BGN:INIT GW,CP=RNNGL---,FQ=NA,REL=0,VER=2.4.0-alpha
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSF:LRT:OK
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSM:INIT
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSF:WUR:MS=0
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSM:INIT:GW MODE
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSM:READY:ID=0,PAR=0,DIS=0
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG MCO:REG:NOT NEEDED
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG MCO:BGN:STP
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG GWT:RMQ:CONNECTING...
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG connected to 192.168.1.151
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG GWT:RMQ:OK
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/0/255/0/0/18,MSG SENT
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG TSM:READY:NWD REQ
    Feb 28 14:28:54 DEBUG ?TSF:MSG:SEND,0-0-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=20,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    Feb 28 14:29:13 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:31.3
    Feb 28 14:29:13 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Feb 28 14:29:23 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:31.4
    Feb 28 14:29:23 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Feb 28 14:29:43 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:16.1
    Feb 28 14:29:43 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/0/1/0/0,MSG SENT

• @haloway13 Looks good.

Next, I would get openhab ready for adding the mysensors addon. https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/wiki/Installation

Via the openhab console run the following to install/activate the binding dependencies:
    feature:install openhab-transport-serial
    feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-mqtt
    I recommend also setting log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.mysensors

Create a mqtt system connection in OpenHAB. Be sure to check advanced, and set the port.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 10.37.10 AM.png

Then you can drop the org.openhab.binding.mysensors.jar into the addons folder and it should auto install. You can start with the binding linked above.

Once all of that is done, you can configure your first thing, which would be a MySensors MQTT Bridge. (you should disable "Enables the startup check", I believe there is a bug)
    Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 10.50.13 AM.png

• @ncollins I have had some issues getting this going. Am I running the development branch? Can you tell from the output?

• @haloway13 you have any logs or screenshots of errors you're seeing?

• @ncollins best I can do is say that it was a java io exception of some sort associated with the bridge or broker. I have since started from scratch several times and have not taken any screenshots.

I have faithfully followed directions from: https://github.com/tobof/openhab2-addons/wiki/Installation

Then it is a bit of a mystery to me how to finish up the configuration through the web pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Hmm, I don't use openhabian, but it looks like there is a log viewer built in: http://openhabian:9001 (maybe change openhabian to the IP of your pi).

Without logs or screenshots, it'll be impossible to help.

• @ncollins

openhab log:tail output

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.mysensors
    openhab> log:tail
    20:17:49.861 [INFO ] [b.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Time zone set to 'America/Denver'.
    20:17:49.924 [INFO ] [b.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Location set to '39.82834020908714,-105.06875216960907'.
    20:17:49.929 [INFO ] [b.core.internal.i18n.I18nProviderImpl] - Locale set to 'en_US'.
    20:18:27.583 [INFO ] [b.core.model.lsp.internal.ModelServer] - Started Language Server Protocol (LSP) service on port 5007
    20:18:33.947 [INFO ] [org.openhab.ui.internal.UIService    ] - Started UI on port 8080
    20:18:35.072 [INFO ] [re.automation.internal.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule engine started.
    20:18:36.112 [INFO ] [hab.ui.habpanel.internal.HABPanelTile] - Started HABPanel at /habpanel
    20:25:15.958 [INFO ] [ig.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' to inbox.
    20:25:15.959 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxAddedEvent        ] - Discovery Result with UID 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' has been added.
    20:25:17.970 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid 86f6e016-3847-404f-80dc-a5abb81f6b2d
    20:25:28.579 [INFO ] [t.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms
    20:25:28.673 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid 86f6e016-3847-404f-80dc-a5abb81f6b2d
    20:26:28.685 [INFO ] [t.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms
    20:26:28.694 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid 86f6e016-3847-404f-80dc-a5abb81f6b2d

Broker config screen:
    SS_2021-03-03_20-29-11.png
    Addition to the Inbox:
    SS_2021-03-03_20-29-32.png
    Clicking the inbox. This is where I have no clue as to how to proceed...

SS_2021-03-03_20-29-45.png

• so to follow up:

Here is the log after adding the thing systembroker:

21:28:27.906 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid bd9a756d-5cf7-46b0-adaa-856d29f8b587
    21:29:27.913 [INFO ] [t.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms
    21:29:27.920 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid bd9a756d-5cf7-46b0-adaa-856d29f8b587
    21:30:27.925 [INFO ] [t.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms
    21:30:27.933 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid bd9a756d-5cf7-46b0-adaa-856d29f8b587
    21:31:05.860 [INFO ] [openhab.event.InboxRemovedEvent      ] - Discovery Result with UID 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' has been removed.
    21:31:06.015 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING
    21:31:06.072 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE
    21:31:06.079 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid bd9a756d-5cf7-46b0-adaa-856d29f8b587
    21:31:06.130 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Timeout
    21:31:06.135 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): Timeout to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    21:31:27.938 [INFO ] [t.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms
    21:31:27.943 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer to OFFLINE
    21:31:27.951 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid bd9a756d-5cf7-46b0-adaa-856d29f8b587
    21:31:27.986 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    21:32:27.956 [INFO ] [t.reconnect.PeriodicReconnectStrategy] - Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms
    21:32:27.967 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid bd9a756d-5cf7-46b0-adaa-856d29f8b587
    21:32:27.968 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer to OFFLINE
    21:32:28.014 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mqtt:systemBroker:mosquitto' changed from OFFLINE to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer

Here is how I configured the thing:

systembroker.png

• @fabyte

Could you post config screens for each of the things above for me?

Thanks!

• One thing I had to do was explicitly set secure="false" into /opt/openhab/userdata/config/org/openhab/mqttbroker.config.

Please try that, then restart.

• also, is your MQTT broker password protected? if not, remove the username and password from your system broker configuration.

• @ncollins
    I will check tonight.

I really appreciate all help so far.

When you refer to the broker password: do you mean when you install the mqtt using the openhabian-config utility from the command line while being logged in with ssh to the Pi?

• @haloway13 I had exactly the same problem.
    Here is what I did to fix it:

1. uninstalled the mqtt binding
      1.1 make sure the /opt/openhab/userdata/config/org/openhab/mqttbroker.config is removed
    2. installed the mqtt binding
    3. setup the system broker

After that, the system broker connection could be established and the Try to restore connection to '192.168.1.151'. Next attempt in 60000ms messaged disappeared.

Then you can proceed and set up the MySensors MQTT Bridge.

• @haloway13 yeah, when you did the initial mqtt setup, did you protect it with a password? If not, make sure you clear out the username and password from the OpenHAB broker settings. (I’m not sure if it will fail if you provide credentials to an instance that is not password protected)

• @fabyte

I am not showing such a file as mentioned in 1.1

2 & 3 refer to using the web interface?

Thanks!

• @haloway13 Yes, everything via the web interface

• @haloway13 Here are all of my settings in my sandbox environment.

A couple things to note, NO MQTT BINDING INSTALLED, no special MQTT thing configured, my mqtt install is not password protected.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.49.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.53.23 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.54.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.55.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 12.55.50 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.01.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 1.03.05 PM.png

My Gateway code:

// Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG

// Enables and select radio type (if attached)
    //#define MY_RADIO_RF24
    //#define MY_RADIO_RFM69
    //#define MY_RADIO_RFM95

#define MY_GATEWAY_MQTT_CLIENT
    #define MY_GATEWAY_ESP8266

#define MY_BAUD_RATE 9600

#define MY_MQTT_CLIENT_ID "MYSGW01"

// Set this node's subscribe and publish topic prefix
    #define MY_MQTT_PUBLISH_TOPIC_PREFIX "tele/mysgw01-out"
    #define MY_MQTT_SUBSCRIBE_TOPIC_PREFIX  "cmnd/mysgw01-in"

// Set MQTT client id

// Enable these if your MQTT broker requires username/password
    //#define MY_MQTT_USER "username"
    //#define MY_MQTT_PASSWORD "password"

// Set WIFI SSID and password
    #define MY_WIFI_SSID "--------"
    #define MY_WIFI_PASSWORD "*********"

// Set the hostname for the WiFi Client. This is the hostname
    // passed to the DHCP server if not static.
    #define MY_HOSTNAME MY_MQTT_CLIENT_ID 

// Enable MY_IP_ADDRESS here if you want a static ip address (no DHCP)
    //#define MY_IP_ADDRESS 192,168,178,87

// If using static ip you can define Gateway and Subnet address as well
    //#define MY_IP_GATEWAY_ADDRESS 192,168,178,1
    //#define MY_IP_SUBNET_ADDRESS 255,255,255,0

// MQTT broker ip address.
    #define MY_CONTROLLER_IP_ADDRESS 192, 168, 1, 62

//MQTT broker if using URL instead of ip address.
    // #define MY_CONTROLLER_URL_ADDRESS "test.mosquitto.org"

// The MQTT broker port to to open
    #define MY_PORT 1883

// Enable inclusion mode
    //#define MY_INCLUSION_MODE_FEATURE
    // Enable Inclusion mode button on gateway
    //#define MY_INCLUSION_BUTTON_FEATURE
    // Set inclusion mode duration (in seconds)
    //#define MY_INCLUSION_MODE_DURATION 60
    // Digital pin used for inclusion mode button
    //#define MY_INCLUSION_MODE_BUTTON_PIN D1

// Set blinking period
    //#define MY_DEFAULT_LED_BLINK_PERIOD 300

// Flash leds on rx/tx/err
    //#define MY_DEFAULT_ERR_LED_PIN 16  // Error led pin
    //#define MY_DEFAULT_RX_LED_PIN  16  // Receive led pin
    //#define MY_DEFAULT_TX_LED_PIN  2  // the PCB, on board LED
    #include <ArduinoOTA.h>
    #include <MySensors.h>

void setup()
    {

pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
    	// Setup locally attached sensors
     ArduinoOTA.setHostname(MY_HOSTNAME);
      ArduinoOTA.onStart([]() {
        Serial.println("ArduinoOTA start");
      });
      ArduinoOTA.onEnd([]() {
        Serial.println("\nArduinoOTA end");
      });
      ArduinoOTA.onProgress([](unsigned int progress, unsigned int total) {
        Serial.printf("OTA Progress: %u%%\r", (progress / (total / 100)));
      });
      ArduinoOTA.onError([](ota_error_t error) {
        Serial.printf("Error[%u]: ", error);
        if (error == OTA_AUTH_ERROR) {
          Serial.println("Auth Failed");
        } else if (error == OTA_BEGIN_ERROR) {
          Serial.println("Begin Failed");
        } else if (error == OTA_CONNECT_ERROR) {
          Serial.println("Connect Failed");
        } else if (error == OTA_RECEIVE_ERROR) {
          Serial.println("Receive Failed");
        } else if (error == OTA_END_ERROR) {
          Serial.println("End Failed");
        }
      });
      ArduinoOTA.begin();
    }

void presentation()
    {

// Present locally attached sensors here
      sendSketchInfo("MYSGW01-TEST Gateway","1.0");
      present(0, S_BINARY);
    }

void loop()
    {
    	// Send locally attached sensors data here
       ArduinoOTA.handle();
    }

void receive(const MyMessage &message)
    {
        // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
        if (message.type==V_STATUS) {
            // Change relay state
            digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, message.getBool() ? LOW:HIGH);
            // Store state in eeprom
            saveState(message.sensor, message.getBool());
            // Write some debug info
            Serial.print("Incoming change for sensor:");
            Serial.print(message.sensor);
            Serial.print(", New status: ");
            Serial.println(message.getBool());
        }
    }

• @ncollins

Thank you so much. This has gotten me so much closer to actually getting the test temp and humidity arduino thing working.

I am seeing this output from the mysensors gateway:

Mar 05 22:55:07 DEBUG GWT:RMQ:OK
    Mar 05 22:55:07 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/0/255/0/0/18,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:55:07 DEBUG TSM:READY:NWD REQ
    Mar 05 22:55:07 DEBUG ?TSF:MSG:SEND,0-0-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=20,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    Mar 05 22:55:07 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=255,c=3,t=21,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    Mar 05 22:55:07 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/255/3/0/21,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:55:41 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:34.0
    Mar 05 22:55:41 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:55:51 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:19.8
    Mar 05 22:55:51 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/0/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:57:01 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:34.1
    Mar 05 22:57:01 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:57:11 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:34.0
    Mar 05 22:57:11 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:57:41 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:19.8
    Mar 05 22:57:41 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/0/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:59:01 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:34.0
    Mar 05 22:59:01 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:59:21 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:19.9
    Mar 05 22:59:21 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/0/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 22:59:41 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:19.8
    Mar 05 22:59:41 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/0/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 23:00:51 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=1,c=1,t=1,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:34.0
    Mar 05 23:00:51 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 23:01:11 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:19.7
    Mar 05 23:01:11 DEBUG GWT:TPS:TOPIC=mygateway1-out/1/0/1/0/0,MSG SENT
    Mar 05 23:01:21 DEBUG TSF:MSG:READ,1-1-0,s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,sg=0:19.8

My Sensors Gateway configuration: not letting me upload the image/screenshot, getting an error.
    ![0_1615011411135_SS_2021-03-05_23-09-13.jpg](Uploading 100%)

Humidity Sensor thing: same problem here.
    ![0_1615011449159_SS_2021-03-05_23-12-48.jpg](Uploading 100%)

I will try to edit this in the morning

The short of it is that I am not seeing the values I am expecting from the sensor. I am leaning towards just not identifying the id/node for each of the things/channel.

• Here is the humidity sensor thing page:
    SS_2021-03-05_23-12-48.jpg
    Here is the temperature:
    SS_2021-03-07_06-32-21.png

Do I have the node and child id right? What should I check?

Or maybe I need to do a follow on configuration to see the values?

Thank you!

• @haloway13 progress!

Check the channels tab of your temperature sensor thing:
    Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 8.13.28 AM.png

"Add link to item" then follow the directions to create a new item
    Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 8.15.31 AM.png

• @ncollins

I tried just as you describe. However I think something is failing before this should be expected to succeed.

Thoughts?

openhab> log:tail                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    22:37:44.426 [DEBUG] [s.discovery.MySensorsDiscoveryService] - Starting MySensors discovery scan
    22:37:44.428 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Adding consumer for topic: mygateway1-out/+/+/+/+/+
    22:37:44.434 [WARN ] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Skipping I_VERSION connection test, not recommended...
    22:37:44.438 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:bridge-mqtt:3976df7e54' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    22:37:44.446 [DEBUG] [sensors.factory.MySensorsCacheFactory] - Writing on cache given_ids, content: []
    22:37:44.443 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:temperature:7c6c709b27' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING
    22:37:44.451 [INFO ] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Successfully connected to MySensors Bridge.
    22:37:44.454 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from UNINITIALIZED (BRIDGE_UNINITIALIZED) to INITIALIZING
    22:37:44.460 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=1, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    22:37:44.464 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=1, childNumber=1, chidldList={1=MySensorsChild [childId=1, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_HUM=MySensorsVariableVHum [value=null]}]}]
    22:37:44.465 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=0, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    22:37:44.467 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-1 not registered yet, registering...
    22:37:44.469 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Merging child map: {1=MySensorsChild [childId=1, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_HUM=MySensorsVariableVHum [value=null]}]} with: {0=MySensorsChild [childId=0, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_ID=MySensorsVariableVId [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_TEMP=MySensorsVariableVTemp [value=null]}]}
    22:37:44.472 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    22:37:44.474 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-0 not registered yet, registering...
    22:37:44.479 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:temperature:7c6c709b27' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    22:41:47.918 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED
    22:41:47.936 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)
    22:41:49.778 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
    22:41:49.786 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=1, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    22:41:49.788 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=1, childNumber=1, chidldList={1=MySensorsChild [childId=1, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_HUM=MySensorsVariableVHum [value=null]}]}]
    22:41:49.791 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-1 not registered yet, registering...
    22:41:49.795 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    22:41:51.075 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED
    22:41:51.090 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)
    22:41:51.806 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
    22:41:51.814 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=1, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    22:41:51.817 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=1, childNumber=1, chidldList={1=MySensorsChild [childId=1, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_HUM=MySensorsVariableVHum [value=null]}]}]
    22:41:51.819 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-1 not registered yet, registering...
    22:41:51.825 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:humidity:3976df7e54:529c716d78' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    22:42:06.748 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:temperature:7c6c709b27' changed from ONLINE to UNINITIALIZED
    22:42:06.762 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:temperature:7c6c709b27' changed from UNINITIALIZED to UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED)
    22:42:07.739 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:temperature:7c6c709b27' changed from UNINITIALIZED (DISABLED) to INITIALIZING
    22:42:07.749 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=0, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    22:42:07.751 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=1, childNumber=1, chidldList={0=MySensorsChild [childId=0, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_ID=MySensorsVariableVId [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_TEMP=MySensorsVariableVTemp [value=null]}]}]
    22:42:07.753 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-0 not registered yet, registering...
    22:42:07.756 [INFO ] [hab.event.ThingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - Thing 'mysensors:temperature:7c6c709b27' changed from INITIALIZING to ONLINE
    22:51:49.195 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuation update for thing 1-1: {nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, smartSleep=false, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, childId=18, nodeId=1, revertState=true, requestAck=false}
    22:51:49.214 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=18, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    22:51:49.217 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=1, childNumber=1, chidldList={18=MySensorsChild [childId=18, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_HUM=MySensorsVariableVHum [value=null]}]}]
    22:51:49.218 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-18 not registered yet, registering...
    23:01:04.984 [WARN ] [se.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: Temperature
    23:01:08.762 [WARN ] [se.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: TemperatureSensor_Temperature
    23:04:05.921 [WARN ] [se.internal.SseItemStatesEventBuilder] - Attempting to send a state update of an item which doesn't exist: TemperatureSensor_Variable1
    23:05:12.626 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuation update for thing 1-18: {nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, smartSleep=false, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, childId=0, nodeId=1, revertState=true, requestAck=false}
    23:05:12.636 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Configuration: MySensorsSensorConfiguration{nodeId=1, childId=0, requestAck=false, revertState=true, smartSleep=false, childUpdateTimeout=-1, nodeUpdateTimeout=-1, requestHeartbeatResponse=false, usePureWhiteLightInRGBW=false}
    23:05:12.638 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Adding device MySensorsNode [nodeId=1, childNumber=1, chidldList={0=MySensorsChild [childId=0, nodeValue={V_VAR5=MySensorsVariableVVar5 [value=null], V_VAR1=MySensorsVariableVVar1 [value=null], V_VAR2=MySensorsVariableVVar2 [value=null], V_VAR4=MySensorsVariableVVar4 [value=null], V_VAR3=MySensorsVariableVVar3 [value=null], V_HUM=MySensorsVariableVHum [value=null]}]}]
    23:05:12.643 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Event listener for node 1-0 not registered yet, registering...
    22:35:59.095 [WARN ] [orsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Message returned from queue is null
    22:37:44.434 [WARN ] [orsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Message returned from queue is null

• @haloway13 can you send a screenshot of your item?Screen Shot 2021-03-08 at 9.09.23 AM.png

• @haloway13 Can you post your sketch?

Your humidity sensor and your temperature sensor Thing configurations both point to Child Id = 0. I think your humidity sensor should be Child Id = 1.

• @ncollins
    Fixed the child ID. Good catch. No change.

Here is the sketch

#include <DHT.h>

#define MY_DEBUG 1
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    #define MY_NODE_ID 1

#define CHILD_ID_TEMP 0
    #define CHILD_ID_HUM 1
    #define DHT_DATA_PIN 3
    #define SENSOR_TEMP_OFFSET 0

#include <MySensors.h>

/**************************************************/
    /****************** CONSTANTS *********************/

static const uint64_t UPDATE_INTERVAL = 10000;
    static const uint8_t FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS = 10;

/****************** VARIABLES *********************/
    float lastTemp;
    float lastHum;
    float temperature;
    float humidity;
    uint8_t nNoUpdatesTemp;
    uint8_t nNoUpdatesHum;

/****************** MESSAGES **********************/

MyMessage msgHum(CHILD_ID_HUM, V_HUM);
    MyMessage msgTemp(CHILD_ID_TEMP, V_TEMP);

DHT dht;

void presentation() 
    { 
    present(CHILD_ID_HUM, S_HUM);
    present(CHILD_ID_TEMP, S_TEMP);
    }

void setup()
    {
    delay(2000); //Wait 2 seconds before starting sequence

if (UPDATE_INTERVAL <= dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod()) 
    {
    Serial.println("Warning: UPDATE_INTERVAL is smaller than supported by the sensor!");
    }

sleep(dht.getMinimumSamplingPeriod()); 
    dht.setup(DHT_DATA_PIN);
    }

void loop() 
    { 
    sendTemperatureHumiditySensor(); 
    wait(UPDATE_INTERVAL);
    }

/**************** AUX. FUNCTIONS ******************/

void sendTemperatureHumiditySensor()
    {
    dht.readSensor(true);
    temperature = dht.getTemperature();
    humidity = dht.getHumidity();

if (isnan(temperature)) 
    {
    Serial.println("Failed reading temperature from DHT!");
    } else if (temperature != lastTemp || nNoUpdatesTemp == FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS) 
    {
    lastTemp = temperature;
    nNoUpdatesTemp = 0;
    temperature += SENSOR_TEMP_OFFSET;
    send(msgTemp.set(temperature, 1));

#ifdef MY_DEBUG
    Serial.print("T: ");
    Serial.println(temperature);
    #endif
    } else 
    {
    nNoUpdatesTemp++;
    }

if (isnan(humidity)) 
    {
    Serial.println("Failed reading humidity from DHT");
    } else if (humidity != lastHum || nNoUpdatesHum == FORCE_UPDATE_N_READS)
    {
    lastHum = humidity;
    nNoUpdatesHum = 0;
    send(msgHum.set(humidity, 1));

#ifdef MY_DEBUG
    Serial.print("H: ");
    Serial.println(humidity);
    #endif
    } else 
    {
    nNoUpdatesHum++;
    } 
    }

I am able to see the debug output from the sensors

• @haloway13 I mean, last suggestion is restarting your openhab instance. If that doesn't work, please post your openhab log.

• @ncollins
    My sdcard corrupted, had to restart from scratch. Hopefully, I can get back to the same point tonight.

Thanks!

• @ncollins QQ: Did you install mosquitto through the openhabian-config utility?

• @haloway13

I assumed yes since the log was showing no connection to MQTT

I am now getting this error:

20:56:49.983 [INFO ] [o.transport.mqtt.MqttBrokerConnection] - Starting MQTT broker connection to '192.168.1.151' with clientid cc150d9b-7fcc-45d0-93d2-00ad80ddb9a9
    20:56:50.005 [ERROR] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT connection offline - {}
    com.hivemq.client.mqtt.exceptions.ConnectionClosedException: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection reset by peer
    	at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcherImpl.read0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
    	at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:39) ~[?:?]
    	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:276) ~[?:?]
    	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:233) ~[?:?]
    	at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:223) ~[?:?]
    	at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:358) ~[?:?]
    	at io.netty.buffer.PooledByteBuf.setBytes(PooledByteBuf.java:247) ~[bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.buffer.AbstractByteBuf.writeBytes(AbstractByteBuf.java:1147) ~[bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioSocketChannel.doReadBytes(NioSocketChannel.java:347) ~[bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:148) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:700) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:635) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:552) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:514) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$6.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:1044) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]

• @haloway13
    @ncollins
    Woot!!! massive success!!!

in /srv/openhab-userdata/config/org/openhab/mqttbroker.config

added at the end secure="false"

as you suggested.

21:42:04.192 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'HumiditySensor_Humidity' changed from 33.1 to 33.3
    21:42:54.224 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1, Message: 33.2
    21:42:54.226 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/1/1/0/1
    21:42:54.228 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;1;1;0;1;33.2
    21:42:54.231 [DEBUG] [orsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;1;1;0;1;33.2
    21:42:54.234 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway
    21:42:54.236 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 1 found in node 1
    21:42:54.238 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: hum(V_HUM) value to: 33.2
    21:42:54.244 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'HumiditySensor_Humidity' changed from 33.3 to 33.2
    21:42:54.246 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/1 to 2021-03-11T21:42:54.000-0700
    21:43:04.250 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1, Message: 33.3
    21:43:04.252 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/1/1/0/1
    21:43:04.253 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;1;1;0;1;33.3
    21:43:04.260 [DEBUG] [orsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;1;1;0;1;33.3
    21:43:04.262 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway
    21:43:04.263 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 1 found in node 1
    21:43:04.265 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: hum(V_HUM) value to: 33.3
    21:43:04.270 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'HumiditySensor_Humidity' changed from 33.2 to 33.3
    21:43:04.271 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/1 to 2021-03-11T21:43:04.000-0700
    21:43:14.266 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/1/1/1/0/1, Message: 33.2
    21:43:14.268 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 1/1/1/0/1
    21:43:14.271 [DEBUG] [protocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 1;1;1;0;1;33.2
    21:43:14.276 [DEBUG] [orsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 1;1;1;0;1;33.2
    21:43:14.278 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 1 found in gateway
    21:43:14.280 [DEBUG] [ors.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 1 found in node 1
    21:43:14.281 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: hum(V_HUM) value to: 33.2
    21:43:14.285 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  ] - Item 'HumiditySensor_Humidity' changed from 33.3 to 33.2
    21:43:14.286 [DEBUG] [sensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 1/1 to 2021-03-11T21:43:14.000-0700

• @haloway13 Yes!! Impressive perseverance.

Somehow I've become emotionally invested in your outcome, so this is extremely satisfying. Great work.

• @ncollins

I could not have done it without you! I really appreciate the feedback and continued support. I would not have continued without it.

Now... to get the darn data to display both in C and F. I am missing something conceptually.

I should probably do this in another thread after I completely document all the steps I have done for posterity.

Thanks again!

• @haloway13 oooof, I found that to be confusing too.

If your platform settings Settings -> Regional Settings [advanced] -> Metric / Imperial are set,

and you define your items as Number:Temperature, they should "magically" display in the correct format and auto converted, but I've had a lot of trouble with that.

There are also settings to have the gateway confirm "isMetric" and have you node respond in the appropriate unit.

Lastly, in your item definition, you can "Add Metadata" -> State Description, and set a display format that supposedly converts value, but I'm not sure I understand exactly when it's suppose to override platform settings.

Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 5.51.47 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 5.52.00 PM.png

More info here: https://community.openhab.org/t/solved-the-right-place-to-do-temperature-conversion/91233

• @ncollins

You are correct about magic supposing to happen when adding an item with:

Number:Temperature with the correct regional imperial vs metric chosen.

I think the confusion is that the number gets converted but the units need to be overriden with metadata so that it makes sense.

Does that jive with what you understand?

Also, it is interesting that the metadata is defined at item/channel link time?

• @haloway13 I really don't have an understanding of how it works. I'm not sure how OpenHAB knows when to convert a value from a sensor reading?

• When you set the platform level metric/imperial setting, is that establishing the assumption that all sensor values are metric/imperial?
    • If the metadata override for a Number:Temperature doesn't match the platform setting, is openhab smart enough to do the conversion?
    • When updating the metadata, does that convert the current value or only updates after setting the metadata?

In my limited experiments, changing the metadata just seems to change the label suffix to ˚C or ˚F

• Hi,

I just upgraded Linux Openhab version from "openHAB 3.1.0.M2" to "openHAB 3.1.0.M3". Since upgrade I cannot use / activate MySensors binding anymore (it worked in previous version - M2).
    I cleaned openhab cache, rebooted computer; feature:install openhab-transport-serial and feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-mqtt are properly installed and active. When I place Mysensors.jar to Addons folder the file gets recognized but it is listed only as Installed, not active.

openhab> bundle:list | grep MySensors
    266 x Installed x  80 x 3.1.0.202012312203      x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: MySensors Binding

Log shows following error:

[WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall         ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-3.1.0.jar
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [266]
      Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang; version="[2.6.0,3.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
            at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.12.100.jar:?]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.4]
            at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.4]

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue / install missing requirement?

• @niccodemi
    same problem here

I've solved the dependency error and the package compiles fine, but I had no time for testing yet.
    If you're willing to test: Download

• Hi,
    I have a problem with the binding. Sometimes it drops the connection to the broker without any error message.
    System: OH 3.0.1 → MySensensors MQTT Bridge → Mosquitto → MySensors MQTT Gateway

Fresh OpenHab install on debian, system start without any error, running about 1 day, then cannot communicate via MQTT. Messages does not arrive from Mosquitto to OH, also no outgoing messages to the broker. Checked mosquitto with MQTT Explorer, thats seems working, there are messages from the MySensorsGW.
    There aren’t any clue in logs ( working untill ~2021-04-13 10:27:12:757) :

2021-04-13 10:27:00.947 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/11/5/1/1/2, Message: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.947 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 11/5/1/1/2
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.947 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.949 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.949 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.949 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 5 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.949 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: status(V_STATUS) value to: OFF
    2021-04-13 10:27:00.950 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 11/5 to 2021-04-13T10:27:00.000+0200
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.001 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.002 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.026 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/11/6/1/1/2, Message: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.026 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 11/6/1/1/2
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.027 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.031 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.031 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.031 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 6 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.032 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: status(V_STATUS) value to: OFF
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.032 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 11/6 to 2021-04-13T10:27:01.000+0200
    2021-04-13 10:27:01.102 [INFO ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - ACK received for message: 11;5;1;1;2;0

2021-04-13 10:27:01.103 [INFO ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - ACK received for message: 9;6;1;1;3;0

2021-04-13 10:27:01.103 [INFO ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - ACK received for message: 11;6;1;1;2;0

2021-04-13 10:27:02.727 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/11/13/1/0/24, Message: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.728 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 11/13/1/0/24
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.728 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 11;13;1;0;24;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.732 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 11;13;1;0;24;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.733 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.733 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 13 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.734 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: var1(V_VAR1) value to: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.734 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 11/13 to 2021-04-13T10:27:02.000+0200
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.826 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/11/14/1/0/2, Message: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.826 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 11/14/1/0/2
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.827 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 11;14;1;0;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.836 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 11;14;1;0;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.836 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.837 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 14 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.837 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: status(V_STATUS) value to: OFF
    2021-04-13 10:27:02.838 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 11/14 to 2021-04-13T10:27:02.000+0200
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.050 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/7/255/3/0/22, Message: 1260498882
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.051 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 7/255/3/0/22
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.052 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 7;255;3;0;22;1260498882
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.052 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsReader] - Message from gateway received: 7;255;3;0;22;1260498882
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.725 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - MQTT message received. Topic: mygateway1-out/9/255/3/0/22, Message: 568774403
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.726 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Message topic part: 9/255/3/0/22
    2021-04-13 10:27:04.726 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Converted MQTT message to MySensors Serial format. Sending on to bridge: 9;255;3;0;22;568774403
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.747 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Info  ] - Hot Water Heating: Off
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.755 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Adapter: class org.openhab.binding.mysensors.converter.MySensorsOnOffTypeConverter loaded
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.757 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.757 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 6 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.757 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.757 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.858 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.858 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.959 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:12.960 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:13.461 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:13.462 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:14.464 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:14.464 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;6;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.695 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Info  ] - Nappali Heating Demand : 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.697 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Info  ] - Gyerekszoba Heating Demand set to: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.699 [INFO ] [org.openhab.core.model.script.Info  ] - Haloszoba Heating Demand set to: 0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.703 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Adapter: class org.openhab.binding.mysensors.converter.MySensorsOnOffTypeConverter loaded
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.703 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Adapter: class org.openhab.binding.mysensors.converter.MySensorsPercentTypeConverter loaded
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.704 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 9 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.704 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.704 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 6 found in node 9
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.705 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 5 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.866 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.867 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.968 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:15.969 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.170 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.171 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.274 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.274 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.475 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.476 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.576 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.577 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.678 [WARN ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - NO ACK for message: 11;6;1;1;2;0

2021-04-13 10:27:16.679 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Node 11 found in gateway
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.680 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Child 6 found in node 11
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.680 [DEBUG] [rs.internal.gateway.MySensorsGateway] - Variable MySensorsVariableVStatus found, it will be reverted to last know state
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.681 [DEBUG] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Updating channel: status(V_STATUS) value to: OFF
    2021-04-13 10:27:16.683 [WARN ] [ensors.handler.MySensorsThingHandler] - Setting last update for node/child 11/6 BACK (due to revert) to 2021-04-13T10:27:02.000+0200
    2021-04-13 10:27:17.085 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:17.086 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:17.187 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:17.188 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:18.090 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:18.091 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 9;6;1;1;3;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:18.191 [DEBUG] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - Sending to MySensors: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:18.192 [DEBUG] [rotocol.mqtt.MySensorsMqttConnection] - Sending MQTT Message: Topic: mygateway1-in, Message: 11;5;1;1;2;0
    2021-04-13 10:27:20.095 [WARN ] [rsAbstractConnection$MySensorsWriter] - NO ACK for message: 9;6;1;1;3;0

• @TimO thanks for your time, but I am sorry to say there is another one:

Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.osgi.framework; version="[1.9.0,2.0.0)"

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @oljo I am very sorry to ask, but how does your post connect to the topic of this thread?
    ....you are not using the mysensors-binding....

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @oljo as I already mentioned: your posts are 100% off topic, because ypu do not use the OH3-binding for mysensors. you did some text-file thing-definitions with the MQTT-binding... apples and not plums

• This post is deleted!

• Hi all.

Did anyone upgrade to OH 3.1.0 stable and managed to get the MySensors Binding 3.1.0 running yet?
    Sind I've upgraded to OH 3.1.0 I'm getting the following error messages in the log when starting the openhab service:

I'm using a MySensors Ethernet Gateway (no MQTT, although that souldn't really make a difference) and a raspberry pi 4b+ as OH 3 server.

2021-07-04 10:37:43.376 [ERROR] [Events.Framework                    ] - FrameworkEvent ERROR
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [237]
      Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.apache.commons.lang; version="[2.6.0,3.0.0)"
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:1845) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:136) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1838) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1781) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1743) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1665) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:345) [org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]

and then a little further down the log:

2021-07-04 10:38:04.300 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.mysensors-3.1.0.jar
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.mysensors [237]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:463) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:440) ~[org.eclipse.osgi-3.16.200.jar:?]
    	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
    	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
    	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
    	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
    	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [bundleFile:3.6.8]
    	at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [bundleFile:3.6.8]

Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks and kind regards,
    Ralph...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics