RGB Light: Custom Effects

Anyone figured out how to trigger an update + sending of V_VAR1 / V_VAR2 from home assistant to a node?

My goal is to trigger custom effects in a mysensor-RGB node.

(Yes, I know my sketch could present switches to allow triggering of the effects but I wanted to learn more how HA mySensor integration works and maybe couple with HA's existing 'effect_list' attribute for RGB lights).

• @rvendrame
    I think you should start with presenting a sensor as S_CUSTOM with V_VAR1 as described here
    https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor.mysensors/
    That should show up in HA and from there you can control the values from HA.
    I hope this helps.

@electrik , thanks for the directions. Yes the S_CUSTOM does show up in HA --- But how to change its value there? I can set different values in dev tools UI, but that is known to be temporary (it lasts only until next refresh from integration), and changing it there does not trigger a V_VAR1 message from HA back to node...

• I have no idea, sorry...
    Personally I use node red for automations, from there you can just address the node and child directly even when it isn't presented or not supported by home assistant.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics