Switched to the add-on and now some sensors aren't accepted

• I recently wiped and re created my homeassistant and mysensors integration on my raspberry pi 3 before, I used the config integration. With the new build I used the Add-on integration and I am now getting the following error ```
    Logger: mysensors
    Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mysensors/init.py:61
    First occurred: 13 June 2021, 22:41:28 (7490 occurrences)
    Last logged: 9:33:58

Invalid <Message data="2;255;3;0;32;500">: Not valid message sub-type: 32 for object value @ data['sub_type']. Got 32 not a valid value for object value @ data['payload']. Got '500'
    Invalid <Message data="3;255;3;0;33;900000">: Not valid message sub-type: 33 for object value @ data['sub_type']. Got 33 not a valid value for object value @ data['payload']. Got '900000'
    Invalid <Message data="3;21;1;0;43;F">: Not valid message sub-type: 43 for object value @ data['sub_type']. Got 43 not a valid value for object value @ data['payload']. Got 'F'
    Invalid <Message data="3;17;1;0;43;Lux">: Not valid message sub-type: 43 for object value @ data['sub_type']. Got 43 not a valid value for object value @ data['payload']. Got 'Lux'
    Invalid <Message data="3;255;3;0;32;500">: Not valid message sub-type: 32 for object value @ data['sub_type']. Got 32 not a valid value for object value @ data['payload']. Got '500'

I have a rain gauge, temperature and humidity entities that function properly but, my soil moisture, lux and prefix items are failing to be recognised. I assume it is a version issue. I have attempted to use the following in my config file to fix it

mysensors:
      gateways:
        - device: ...
          # other things ...
      version: "2.3"

I attempted to use /dev/ttyACM0 as a device but begin to get a persistence file error that I could not get solved.

any ideas?

• not sure if this error helps at all.

Logger: mysensors.sensor
    Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/mysensors/sensor.py:96
    First occurred: 13 June 2021, 22:41:13 (14 occurrences)
    Last logged: 9:54:39

child_id 8 already exists in children of node 0, cannot add child
    child_id 2 already exists in children of node 2, cannot add child
    child_id 21 already exists in children of node 2, cannot add child
    child_id 3 already exists in children of node 2, cannot add child
    child_id 4 already exists in children of node 2, cannot add child

• @Jeff-Willecke said in Switched to the add-on and now some sensors aren't accepted:

With the new build I used the Add-on integration [...]

By that you mean that you configured MySensors via the web interface?

Your assumption that it is a version issue seems correct, but you can't fix it by specifying a version in YAML when you configured the integration via the GUI.

Could it be that you forgot to adjust the MySensors version during setup? If so, delete it and create a new one. (I don't think you can make changes to existing MySensors integrations (yet))

mysensors_gui_version.png

child_id 8 already exists in children of node 0, cannot add child [...]

That's nothing to worry about. Those warning appear every time you boot up a node that has been presented to Home Assistant before already. It's helpful in situation where you accidentally assign a sensor / child ID twice to different data types or re-assign a previously existing node ID to a completely new node.

• Thanks! That fixed everything.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics