!TSF vs ?TSF - what do they represent?

• I am trying to debug a outdoor sensor that drops off line but can't find an answer to a simple question.

When you see !TSF in the gateway does that mean that the far end radio didn't ACK the message or the near end didn't ACK it being sent?

!TSF:MSG:SEND,0-0-16-16,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:0

The log Parser shows this as meaning "Sent Message" and Status: NACK (OK=success, NACK=no radio ACK received)

I have also seen ?TSF which the Log Parser decodes as "Sent Message without radio ACK" - this suggests the gateway asked the radio to send a message but didn't get an ACK from the local radio on the gateway.

I have tried searching the forum and through Google but have not found an explanation on these codes. Can anyone help with an answer?

Thanks,
    Bill

• Mod

@bcdaus from what I understand, ! means failed while ? means unknown. Unknown is used when the radio hardware does not support ack at all (so there is no way to know whether the message was received by the next node)

https://www.mysensors.org/apidocs-beta/group__MyTransportgrp.html has some documentation.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics