AM612 PIR can

• Did anyone ever find a PIR sensor that could handle voltages below 2.8v without going wonky?

I use CR123a batteries with my PIR and I recently had to replace one. It was at the moment I realized I had at least of year of life out of this one and it had only then dropped to 60%.

If there was another sensor readily and cheaply available it could be of some interest although I'm pretty content with a year of life.

• @waspie Have you tried something like this?

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4667

• Mod

BL412 (the adafruit link) is rated for 2.7V minimum.

However, the BS412 is rated for 2.0V minimum. Maybe that's a good candidate?

• @mfalkvidd said in AM612 PIR can:

BL412 (the adafruit link) is rated for 2.7V minimum.

However, the BS412 is rated for 2.0V minimum. Maybe that's a good candidate?

nice find!
    and 11ua, a little lower than the 612. Might have to try one of these some day

@chey I really never did much looking around. As I said, it wasn't really much of an issue. The first PIRs I built are having their batteries die just now. I started down this road with the PIRs about 2 years ago - so that's about how long they've been lasting as-is. 🙂

• @waspie I like it when people come back and share their experience. It's helps newbies like myself get direction in our own projects. So thank you 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics