What is wrong with this node?

• Screenshot (42).png

What am I missing with this node, it is plugged into laptop and running ide serial readout.

I have all running on ver 1.4
    with6.1 ide
    mini pro 5v
    dt11
    using usb2serial interface
    temp report 30 sec
    hum report on change
    I understand most of what is presented however, the part after the length of payload is "st=fail:68.0
    temp=68.0"
    It must be telling me something but I can't find out what and the serial g/wand vera3 does not see an update or change in temp/hum.

Is there a thread on this or can you offer info?
    thanks

• It looks like your node will stream the temperature to your gateway, but it fails. Did you use a capacitor on the NRF24 chip?

• Which gateway have you used? serial or ethernet? can you show the serial diag data from that as well? maybe they are out of range of each other

• I had some similiar issues.

Now I use Ethernet Gateway, changed channel in Config and re-clearead EEPROM on every node...
    Problem seem to be missing, but sometimes node's just loose connection (even if it's only one wall away...)

• If you have the hardware, hook up a sniffer and see what is happening with wireshark at the network layer. I had similar issues and found with the help of the sniffer, my node was having resend/timeout issues even being a couple of feet away. Playing with the channel and data rate, I was able to get a better signal and those st fail messages have stopped. This node is normally in the garage so the interference I had on the default channel was causing issues. Use the sniffer to see what is happening at the network layer.

• No @andriej , I have no sniffer but any ideawhat the st =fail is in regards to?
    @GuyP , I use serial g/w at the moment, what is serial diag data and there is cap on radio 4.7 microfarads.
    Funny all the other nodes seem to be ok, I did at one time have this running through a repeater node to g/w, but it always reverted back to g/w as mother node.

• Also,I may have not stated that this node doesn't update even with a reset or two.

• Looks like I got the same ..... I have a nano with a temp sensor on it and reed switch , and 8 out of 10 times it sends it status change. but sometimes it doesn't.

send: 2-2-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:25.0
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:25.1
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=17,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,st=fail:1
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:25.2
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=17,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,st=fail:0
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=0,c=1,t=0,pt=7,l=5,st=fail:25.3
    send: 2-2-0-0 s=17,c=1,t=16,pt=2,l=2,st=fail:1
    send: 2-2-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,st=fail:

I ended up removing a part in the sketch that it not only sends with the status change but every 30 seconds. Not ideal , but good enough.

Hopefully you find out the issue.

Cor

• What does st=fail mean and what or where is this located?
    The node ,the g/w, eprom.

It looks as though node 5 sends to 0 (g/w) but the message is not there, is it stuck and do I look in node 5 or g/w?

• Admin

st=fail indicates that sending node never received any acknowledgment back from the recipient.

It could be a few reasons for this. Here is a selection.

1. Recipient does not have enough power to transmit the ack back (try adding a larger/different cap on the receiving radio).
    2. Distance is too long.
    3. A bad spiky power supply is used.
    4. One or both your radios is fake/clone NRF24L01+. Seen discussions that this kind of behaviour could arise.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics