New user has questions

• Hello,
    I am new in this forum and I have a question regarding mysensors and iobroker. I did not work with mysensors up to now. Since some weeks I use iobroker installed on a raspberrypi.
    Now I want to integrate my 433 Mhz doorbell in iobroker. I know, that there is an adapter for mysensors in iobroker. My question is: Is it possible to get a notification in iobroker if someone is pressing the button on my doorbell? As I understood, I have to connect the receiver to an arduino nano and connect the arduino to my rasberrypi on which iobroker is running.
    Could it be a problem, that I do not know the exact frequency of my doorbell (433,42 or 433,92 MHz)?
    Is it possible to reach the arduino with ssh?
    The connection between the arduino and the raspberry is not quite clear to me. Do i need a serial port on the raspberry? Or is a connection over the network possible?
    I hope someone has hints for me.
    Best regards Bernd

• Mysensors is a protocol on its own, so it will not decode your doorbell signal.
    An Arduino nano can't be reached over SSH no, the Arduino has a usb connection which gives out serial data to the raspberry

• @Doggie said in New user has questions:

If you have a receiver that has some sort of digital output (i.e. an LED) you can connect it directly to raspberry pi's GPIO and read state chnages inside your iobroker https://www.iobroker.net/#en/adapters/adapterref/iobroker.rpi2/README.md (If you decide to go this way, make sure that digital output voltage is in safe range for Raspberry Pi (up to 3.3V) or just use optocoupler to eliminate any potential risks.)

MySensors can't connect to your doorbell directly and can't help you in this scenario, it would only complicate things further.

To connect to your arduino via network, you need to add either Ethernet, or WiFi module (you won't be able to use ssh anyway). Otherwise just use USB cable to connect it to RaspberryPi.

• Thank you electrik and monte for your answers.
    Do I understand it right, that a mysensors gateway cannot be connected wireless to other sensors, which are not from mysensors?
    My problem is, that I wish to get any signal from the wireless dorrbell. Decoding is not necessary.
    Has anyone an idea to solve my problem? How can I receive a trigger from a doorbell which is recognized by ioBroker. Is perhaps a wireless doorbell with mysensors protocoll available?
    My existing doorbell has only a loudspeaker output.

• @Doggie said in New user has questions:

I have found a solution for my doorbell problem. Its name is "RFLink". I think RFLink is known in the "wireless sensor community". On the RFLink Website is a list of supported devices and my doorbell (Silvercrest) is on the list. RFLink seems to be the better system (sorry).

• This post is deleted!

• I am new in this forum and I have a question regarding mysensors and iobroker. I did not work with mysensors up to now. Since some weeks I use iobroker installed on a raspberrypi.
    Now I want to integrate my 433 Mhz doorbell in iobroker. I know, that there is an adapter for mysensors in iobroker. My question is: Is it possible to get a notification in iobroker if someone is pressing the button on my doorbell? As I understood, I have to connect the receiver to an arduino nano and connect the arduino to my rasberrypi on which iobroker is running.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics