Blinds control

Hello,

I made an interface that controls my blind by using the remote control.
    The actual plugin does work but I have to turn on and off each button as I only require a short push of a button to get the blind going. I don't need to be pressing the button for a long time for the blind to move.
    What I'd like to do is to have a new element in VERA with 3 buttons: UP, STOP and DOWN. This buttons just send a command to the arduino node that makes the click on the remote.
    Now I have 3 light switches per blind were I only need one device.

Can anyone help me get started?
    Thanks in advance.

• Admin

You should have a look at the ServoActuator example. It creates a window covering device in vera which has the buttons you need.

https://github.com/mysensors/Arduino/blob/master/libraries/MySensors/examples/ServoActuator/ServoActuator.ino

Ok, thnaks. I'll take a look at it.
    I found this on the micasaverde forum, but I don't even know how to start adapting it to be used by my sensors api.

WifiRTSM

Vera plugins just are out of my control.
    I'll try to open the files and see what I find.

@hek
    I'm a little confused as to how to add more servos to the node.
    I need 3 of them, but is not as easy as it was on the temperature sensor for example.
    I need to create 3 servo objects with different names?
    What's attachedServo stand for?
    I'm a little lost with this

• Admin

@ferpando

You can remove all servo stuff (as you don't use servos right?). This is just an example of receiving commands from vera for the window-cover-device (stop/up/down buttons).

@hek
    Yes, not needing to control an actual servo, but the logic works pretty good for what I need.
    The problem is that no matter what I can't get Vera to show 3 devices (as if I had 3 servos).
    I search through the api and found nothing about it.
    How do I add 2 more servos to this node?
    The example says i could have up to eight, but is not clear to me how to accomplish that.

• Admin

Maybe I don't understand... but I guess you just create three child-devices.

gw.sendSensorPresentation(1, S_COVER);
    gw.sendSensorPresentation(2, S_COVER);
    gw.sendSensorPresentation(2, S_COVER);

And remove Servo-class from the example as you cannot use it without attaching physical servos.

@hek
    I managed to get it working. Thanks again for the pointers.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics