How to check if serial gateway is operational ?

• Hi,
    I have implemented a serial gateway to Domoticz on a pro mini. Just used the code given in the example. Works well so far, but recently I noticed that the gateway seemed to got stuck. It did not react to messages from sensor nodes. A reset of the gateway was all to fix it.
    Would be nice to have a means to get a notification in case that a gateway does not react anymore.
    Any ideas how that could be accomplished ?
    Josh

• Hi!

I ask my gateway about it's version (0;0;3;0;2;). It will responde with the library version number (1.4.1 in my case).

It tells me that the gateway software is up and running. But it will not give me any clue about if the (NRF)network is working.

I only ask the gateway if no other packages are received in $timeout seconds.

/Magnus

• Mod

When the gateway does not respond it should be noticed by the controller imho.

• @fot said:

Hi!

I ask my gateway about it's version (0;0;3;0;2;). It will responde with the library version number (1.4.1 in my case).

It tells me that the gateway software is up and running. But it will not give me any clue about if the (NRF)network is working.
    That's a problem, right.

I only ask the gateway if no other packages are received in $timeout seconds.

/Magnus
    Of course ! Thank you for pushing my nose on it. Sometimes you don't see the most obvious 😉
    Since my gateway is relatively close to the controller (Domoticz on a Raspi), I can do a hard reset of the gateway (via Raspi GPIO), which should resolve the issue.
    Cheers
    Josh

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics