Air conditioning/HVAC control - work in progress

Following this instructable, I decided to invest 3$ in a 1000 in 1 remote (http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lowest-profit-Universal-LCD-Display-AC-Remote-Control-Controller-For-Air-Conditioner-Conditioning-1000-in-1/1980863274.html)

I ordered two kinds but this one was much better then the other one (i.e it worked 🙂 )

Soldering to the copper lines the way the kid did in the instructable proved to be problematic (at least for me) and I ended up soldering to the contacts of the pressure sensitive pads. At first I thought to use it without LCD but ended up with it as otherwise I don't know what is the current setting.

It actually work!!! I can turn my AC on and off!!! a dream comes true!!!
    However, turning it on will bring it to one preset. this is not too bad - I actually want only to heat the bedrooms before kids go there and turn off the ac that they left on....

Here is a nude photo:
    upload_-1 (7).jpg

I know there are some sharp eyed people in this forum, so yes, in the photo the remote is just powered by the arduino, i tested first by giving the transistor 5v manually.
    I have ordered 4 more of this remote and will do a cleaner work on the soldering

• Admin

Nice hack. Incredible to get a LCD remote for $3 .

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics