Problems on reboot

• Any time I have to reboot my Vera for some reason, my Arduino fails to be recognized on boot. I get the standard hub 2-0:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 1 error. If I disconnect and reconnect it once Vera boots, it's recognized just fine. Once that's done, I have to reload Luup and reconfigure the serial port. I've got everything clocked back to 57600. Any suggestions on what I can do to make Vera like the Arduino when it reboots?

• Roy from the IT Crowd: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

• Ha! Usually that works. But what about when the problem is that i did turn it off and back on again?

Now you've done it, @a-lurker. Now I have to go watch IT Crowd again.

• I'm having this exact same problem. UI5 with a Nano. Is there anything that can be done about this? Would I have an easier time converting to a network gateway?

• Admin

• 😀 ..... but seriously ... Is the network gateway more stable with Vera?

• Admin

The Serial Gateway has been rock solid on my vera for 1.5 years. I'm still running UI5 on it so I don't know what the getvera people are up to in the latest releases regarding Serial/USB support/recognition.

Could you test powering the Nano board separately? Or switch to a vanilla radio if you're running the amplified one.

• I'm on UI5 as well. I'm using usb/parasite power. You're saying apply 5V via a pin? Perhaps I could try a powered USB hub? I'm thinking I'll be adding a USB stick soon for logging anyway.

• I had the serial GW running on my veralite for about a year but encountered a few hiccups where Vera would 'lose' the serial port configuration and I would have to reconfigure the serial port for the Vera to see the GW again. I switched to the iBoard Ethernet GW and have had zero issues since.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics