My sensorboard MYS 1.0beta

• Hardware Contributor

@activemind All headers are 2.54 mm and the screw terminals are 5.0 mm.

• Excellent. Thanks for your response.

Also, you mentioned LED driver like PCB. I would be VERY interested in something like that. Do you have a thread which I can follow and maybe add in my cents or two?

-AM

• Hardware Contributor

@activemind
    No I dont have a thread on the subject yet.
    I have a prototype but it contains errors I have to correct before it is useful.

• Can you please start a thread on it so that people can take a look at what you are planning and provide input so that it can be generic and useful to a lot of people.

I also have a couple of requests/requirements that I would like to add.

It doesnt make sense to add them here and pollute this thread where that info would be lost.

-AM

• Hello,
    Are everybody ok with 5v arduino and 662k on U1? My sensor node refuse to work.
    But on the breadboard everything is ok.
    It looks like the problem is in radio power. On breadboard i used 2 different step down convertor board, but both of them was on AMS1117 the power was 3.264 and 3.287.
    And on MYS 662k give 3.324. I tried to use capacitors 4.7uF - 100uF, without result.
    I also tried to change to another 662k from the pack. But it shows the same result.

Could you give me any suggestion ?
    Thank you

send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,st=fail:1.4.1
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,st=fail:0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=14,st=fail:Relay & Button
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,st=fail:1.0
    send: 1-1-0-0 s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=5,st=fail:1.4.1

• Admin

It is actually your gateway that seems to have problems sending ack back to the node.

• Hey 😃

What size are the SMD resistors and stuff?

Regards,
    n3ro

• Hardware Contributor

@n3ro Hi all caps and resistors are 0804 size.

@hek I had the same problem. The sensor was received by the gateway but not vice versa. In the end I found out that the power level of the gateway is not set to max by default. After changing this to max everything worked fine. Is there a reason for this default?
    As there are always the same problems here popping up in the forum: how about setting up a FAQ page?

• I had NRF24L01+PA+LNA Antenna version on the gateway. And simple NRF24L01+ on node.
    Today I tried to set GW PA Level to hight by changing MyConfig.h. After this I tried to change to another simple radio module.

/***
     * Configure Sensor Network
     */
    #define RF24_CHANNEL	   84             //RF channel for the sensor net, 0-127
    #define RF24_DATARATE 	   RF24_250KBPS   //RF24_250KBPS for 250kbs, RF24_1MBPS for 1Mbps, or RF24_2MBPS for 2Mbps
    #define RF24_PA_LEVEL 	   RF24_PA_MAX    //Sensor PA Level == RF24_PA_MIN=-18dBm, RF24_PA_LOW=-12dBm, RF24_PA_HIGH=-6dBM, and RF24_PA_MAX=0dBm
    #define RF24_PA_LEVEL_GW   RF24_PA_MAX //RF24_PA_LOW  //Gateway PA Level, defaults to Sensor net PA Level.  Tune here if using an amplified nRF2401+ in your gateway.
    #define BASE_RADIO_ID 	   ((uint64_t)0xA8A8E1FC00LL) // This is also act as base value for sensor nodeId addresses. Change this (or channel) if you have more than one sensor network.

But result is the same. Works great on breadboard. But fail on MYS board.

@hek how could i check the problem in GW radio ? Is it possible to fix?

Could you give me some advice? I`m new to mysensors so it will be great for me if you could help me 🙂

• Admin

@NewFolk
    Hard to say. Usually it helps switching power source and/or fiddle with capacitors.

@Heinz
    Before lowering default power level on gateway we had much more support from people who were taking out too much power from their Nano Arduino (+PA+LNA) which resulted in failed transmissions. So of two bad things this is the best (for most people).
    There is a troubleshooting section on the main site. Problem is most people don't read it before posting. Gladly accept more things to add to that list.

@hek ah ok I see. Well that sounds reasonable to me. That could explain why a repeater node did not work with a nano but with an uno ... Thanx alot

• Hardware Contributor

@NewFolk how are you powering your node and gateway?
    battery, USB or wallwart?
    Try changing powersource and see if it helps.
    I have had som problem with nrf24L01+ clones that did not work well on highest powerlevels but worked better on RF_PA_HIGH.

• @Mrlynx
    I power node on MYS board from iPhone wall and with USB through FTDI both give me the same 3.324 on 3.3 pin.
    And GW is powered thought RPI USB - original UNO / clone nano 5v - Adapter Board NRF24L01+ http://www.ebay.com/itm/200960749614?rmvSB=true

I have just tried to move antenna radio to node and simple radio to GW and it`s work.
    Bud it bad workaround.

PS will try to change node and GW to RF_PA_HIGH

edit: change to hight and i saw same ok status. Then I change to

#define RF24_PA_LEVEL 	   RF24_PA_LOW

And get 3 successful initialization in a row. So I will test tonight with DHT22.
    Thank you

• Ordered 5 kits today looking forward to getting started. For the NRF24L01 you don't need a 4.7uf capacitor anymore?

• Hardware Contributor

@smokey1300 I will pack them right away.
    I have not found that a cap is making any difference on the radio modules I bought.

• @Mrlynx I was thinking of 3v battery powering at least 2 of the boards. My sensors will be DHT11 and 18B20. Can you suggest any simple ways to conserve power on the circuit? Would it be better to just add a external boosting regulator for instance?

• Hardware Contributor

@smokey1300 My best tip is to remove led and regulator off the arduino. Then use 3xAA batteries connected to VCC on MYS.

• Anybody wanting 10 kits at a bargain price. I am sellling them at bargain price due to lack of time to play with them.
    If you are in Rome I can hand it over directly . If you are at EU maker faire this week end even better see you there.
    Otherwise I ship them too

KR

• @Nicola-Reina said:

Anybody wanting 10 kits at a bargain price. I am sellling them at bargain price due to lack of time to play with them.
    If you are in Rome I can hand it over directly . If you are at EU maker faire this week end even better see you there.

KR

Still got the 10Kits?

• Hardware Contributor

@jeti said:

@Nicola-Reina said:

Anybody wanting 10 kits at a bargain price. I am sellling them at bargain price due to lack of time to play with them.

KR

Still got the 10Kits?

You can still buy these kits from my homepage.

Users

Topics