Can not reply on the forum or Locked
I tried to post something on the forum from my Linux machine using Firefox or Konqueror but that is not working out.
- In Firefox 30 I can type a reply and press submit but nothing happens and no reply is added. Same problem trying Firefox and WinXP.
- In Konqueror I see an orange line above all threads saying "This thread has been deleted. Only users with thread management privileges can see it." is displayed but I can still see the thread although every items is Locked (Blue box)
Eventually installed Chromium and that works but ... I am the only one having problem access the forum using Firefox?
When you see this reply it means I was able to submit it (Firefox on Mac though and used only for this test).
Still using Chromium I enable "Live HTTP header" while trying using Firefox and I see:
http://forum.mysensors.org/socket.io/1/?t=1405886010035 GET /socket.io/1/?t=1405886010035 HTTP/1.1 Host: forum.mysensors.org User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0 Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8 Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5 Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Cookie: express.sid=s%3AomLCnc8o2jWjEhxQxplyLt9HFWZwqLOR.5R8%2B4xVScOLLt2D9cAs2BVn%2Bspl3kIGOIop1Ie5sr1U; _ga=GA1.2.1667585123.1404853555 Connection: keep-alive HTTP/1.1 502 Bad Gateway Server: nginx/1.4.1 (Ubuntu) Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 19:53:30 GMT Content-Type: text/html Content-Length: 181 Connection: keep-alive
I think this has to do with the problems but do not know what to conclude based on it.
The forum is utilizing websockets. Is your webbroswer complient? If not it should fallback to plain ajax (or long pull dito).
Hmm.. Searching around for similar issues I found:
But the ngnix log does not show any "upstream sent too big header while...".
Instead I see a lot of "upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from upstream" in the log. Which leads to believe it has something to do with:
But this seem to be an issue in all browsers.
I might try increasing ngnix cookie buffers anyway like suggesten in first link later. I'll contact you @daulagari again when it has been done.
Buffers has been increased. Could you test with your firefox again?
Tried once more with Firefox but same behavior as before:
- I press Reply and the normal editor pops up in the bottom of the screen
- Type the message left and the preview right looks fine
- Press Submit and in the top of the screen a turning progress circle is displayed for five seconds and after that it changes into a V
- But the editor window in the bottom remains open and no message posted
Made a capture using Wireshark and see quite some 502 Bad Gateway coming by.
See the site is running nginx and I am running that also on my Cubieboard2 and also had 502 Bad Gateway problems and solved them eventually, see https://domotiga.nl/projects/domotiyii/wiki/Installation#If-things-go-wrong
The stackoverflow link is for a very old version of Firefox; I doubt if that is still relevant. I this article, http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10470109/error-502-in-nginx-php5-fpm, two year old maybe helpful?
The forum is node.js based (not php). I doubt it's right related. The forum runs inside a dockers container with a ngnix proxy (which has websocket proxying enabled) in front of everything.
Tried again with Firefox and now things are working.