How to wire this?

• Hello again! Im trying to get better at understanding schematics.. This is what I want to do on my breadboard LINK to schematic

NPN is a TIP120 transistor.

IR led is a simple 5mm 940nm with 2 legs.

What does "D21 IR" mean?

How exactly do I wire this?.. I dont understand how to wire From A0 to the TIP120 with 4.7k resistor to IR LED..

Thank you for help!

edit: This is a part of the schematic from Makeit.netflix.com/the-switch
    Basicly if I figure this out I want to make a Wifi button so when I press the button, the ir will start the TV and my phone will get a notification that will trigger tasker to run a scene in the android App imperihome.

This scene would do something like Turn off some lights, Dim those lights, set this light to this colour and so on.. For Friday/Saturday nights 🙂

• Mod

Could you describe how far you've gotten in your wiring so far, and what isn't working?

"D21 IR" is the IR led.

• @mfalkvidd

I have just put my nodemcu on a breadboard, connected it to ground and vin. I have also just put the led and the transistor on the board.

I wanted to start with just making the IR part work to turn on the TV and then continue from there. This is my first time following a schematic like this and also first time using a transistor. Im more used to the very user friendly guides from @hek where everything is visual on how to wire. This type of schematic confuse me but I want to learn 🙂

So if "D21 IR" is the IR led this means..

• 4.7K resistor from A0 to the + of the Transistor
      -3.3V to the + of IR LED and also from + of IR led to + Of transistor?

hmm

Thanks again 🙂

• Mod

Untitled Sketch 2_bb.png
    Do you mean that you're used to something like this?
    I think this is exactly the same as your schematic (except that I didn't have nodemcu in my Fritzing library)

This is the schematic view in Fritzing:
    Untitled Sketch 2_schem.png

• @mfalkvidd Thank you! This is really great! 🙂

I will take a look at this after work tomorrow 👍

• Got delayed.. I had to order a IR reciver to find out my remote codes, didnt thought I would find them easily on the internet but nope! 🙂

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics