Windows and configuration.yaml

• Hi
    A am trying to configure Home Assistant on Windows, but it does not detect the GW. In configuration.yaml I have these lines:

Example configuration.yaml entry

mysensors:
    gateways:
    - port: com5
    version: '1.5'

What have I done wrong? Has anybody a working example that they want to share?

Br
    Flemming

• Might be the formatting of your configuration.yaml file. Spacing is very important. Try opening in notepad or a more text base/programmer environment (ex, Notepad++) and do a copy/paste from the info on the HA website. Edit as necessary.

• OK - I will check the formatting.

But the example file are Linux based, I use Windows, and my serial port are Com 5.
    I would be nice if someone with a Windows configuration would share their working config. One thing is the formatting, but I am not sure that I have written the correct com5 statement.

Br
    Flemming

• Yes and no. They are formatted for the YAML language; which is basically a series of lines with the proper spaces (not tabs) in them.

You can use any plain text editor, as long as you obey the spaces. A good program to start with is Notepad++ or Notepad2 (make a copy first) and copy/paste the example from the home-assistant wiki/info.

As for the Windows entry to point to a serial port i'm afraid I can't help you there. Haven't tried this with Windows yet.

• Plugin Developer

@Lemme

Hi!

If you have python and pyserial installed you can use pyserial to list the available ports.

https://pythonhosted.org/pyserial/shortintro.html#testing-ports

I think that COM# (COM5, for example) is correct though. The device manager in Windows is another bet.

• Hi again
    Thanks - I tried to clean up using a YAML translator, and using Notepad2.
    I forgot to set the baudrate to 115200 in Windows, changed that, but still no luck.

I give up, and continue with Domoticz.

Thanks for helping.

• Plugin Developer

@Lemme

No problem.

An advice on the way, would be to look at the log output and activate debug mode wherever possible when troubleshooting. A log and as much background info as possible will also give those you ask for help a better chance of helping you solve the problem.

• I am using mysensors/home assistant on windows.....its working fine....here is my conf...

mysensors:
    gateways:
    - port: 'COM4'
    baud_rate: 115200
    debug: true
    optimistic: 'true'

Hope this helps...
    Lee

• Hi,

sorry to reply to this old topic, but I have the same problem.

my config yaml :

mysensors:
    gateways:

• device: 'COM5'
      baud_rate: 115200
      debug: true
      optimistic: 'true'

debug lines on python repeating this :

INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Trying to connect to COM5
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:COM5 is open...
    INFO:mysensors.mysensors:Connected to COM5
    ERROR:mysensors.mysensors:Serial exception
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant\deps\mysensors\mysensors.
    py", line 380, in run
    line = self.serial.readline()
    File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Roaming.homeassistant\deps\serial\serialwin32.p
    y", line 236, in read
    raise SerialException("ReadFile failed (%s)" % ctypes.WinError())
    serial.serialutil.SerialException: ReadFile failed ([WinError 6] Descripteur non
    valide)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\runpy.py", li
    ne 184, in run_module_as_main
    "main", mod_spec)
    File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\runpy.py", li
    ne 85, in run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
    File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\site-packages
    \homeassistant_main
    .py", line 335, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    \homeassistant_main
    .py", line 327, in main
    exit_code = setup_and_run_hass(config_dir, args)
    \homeassistant_main_.py", line 225, in setup_and_run_hass
    subprocess.check_call(args)
    File "C:\Users\Fabien\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python35\lib\subprocess.py
    ", line 576, in check_call
    retcode = call(*popenargs, **kwargs)
    ", line 559, in call
    return p.wait(timeout=timeout)
    ", line 1275, in wait
    timeout_millis)

Some one have an idea?

• Plugin Developer

@Gefkuz

This looks like a problem with pyserial and not with your configuration. User bazis posted a similar problem in the middle of this thread:
    https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/868

It was solved by installing 32 bit version of python.

For the record, what version of pyserial are you using?

• @martinhjelmare Hi, with python 32bit, it's perfect. Thank you.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics