Sensors - do differences matter when purchasing?

• Hi,

I'm brand new in the world of Arduino!

When buying my sensors for things like motion and temp sensing, when following the guide here on MySensors, do I have to make sure I get the exact same sensor?

thanks in advance
    Homer

• Mod

@Homer said:

Hi,

When buying my sensors for things like motion and temp sensing, when following the guide here on MySensors, do I have to make sure I get the exact same sensor?

Not really unless you really don't know what you are doing.
    I am fairly new too (started in May with Arduino's and MySensors) and most of the time you will find sketches for the specific sensor type you buy somewhere on the internet anyways.
    The sketches here get you going but in my experience you always want to give it your own special 'flavour'.

• Thanks for your reply

I don't really know what I am doing lol so I have actually been slowly collecting a few things that I am hoping to starting building with over the weekend, which are exactly what has been suggested in the build examples, but here in Australia I have had some issues getting the exact same parts e.g. motion sensors.

There isn't a whole heap of example sketchers on the forums, is there? The ones I have checked out are on MySensors, but not part of the forum.

• Admin

Motions sensor should not be a big problem. It usually just has a digital output that triggers on motion.

• @hek said:

Motions sensor should not be a big problem. It usually just has a digital output that triggers on motion.

That's what I thought..... It is either on or off, which is different to temp sensor.

Thanks for the confirmation 🙂

take care to have the good number of pin, some sketch use digital others analogic... I've ordered light sensors and sound sensors without analogic, I couldn't use them for my target use...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics