serial monitor

• Dear All,

I am new to MySensors and I tried my first project. On the serial MOnitor on Arduino, the controller is sending the following code find parent send: 255-255-255-255 s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,st=bc:

What does this means?

My code is very basic to try the program:

#include <MySensor.h>
    #include <SPI.h>

#define ID 0
    #define OPEN 1
    #define CLOSE 0

MySensor gw;
    MyMessage msg(ID, V_TRIPPED);

void setup() {
      gw.begin();
      gw.present(ID, S_DOOR);

}

void loop() {
      gw.send(msg.set(OPEN));
      delay(5000);

}```

Thanks for your help

• Contest Winner

I believe it's just saying, that the node is looking for a good way. There are some posts on this topic that explain it. If you're really curious the API contains a lot of details.

• Hardware Contributor

Hi!

Find parent means the node is trying to find its way to the gateway - and if this repeats it cant.
    Its either a range issue or a power issue. You can start by checking the gateway serial log and see if there is any info.
    Also, have you added a capacitor on the radios? This is very important since the radio is sensitive to power spikes.

It this doesnt work start with changing the power source and check your wirings / ground connection on the node.
    Also you can try to move the node closer to the gateway - if this works and you have some distance between node and gateway you should consider a repeater.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics