Weather/ wind display
As promised in my posting "Weathercock" / weather comfort station a more techie version of a similar thing. It display the wind direction/ gust and history on a WS2812b 24 led ring. And as an extra shows the actual weather data on an LCD display. A local temp/hum sensor measures the inside comfort indicators.
A pushbutton lets the display browse through all the weather data and weather sources (Controller or "node to node" with a long press).
The ring shows:
- Bright LED and opposite 2 "tail" LEDs - wind direction and current gust (in rainbow colors)
- Blue LEDs - cardinal wind directions (N, W, S, E)
- (now) Green LEDs - the wind gust history (rainbow colors) in all directions for the last hour.
This functionality pushed the capability of the Atmega328 (and mine/ my patience) to its limits...But I would love to get some feedback on possible improvements (including aesthetics)
And the back/ inside:
A little messy semi breadboard setup with main components:
- @GertSanders "does it all" AC/DC/Batteries capable atmega328p board
- a 24 WS2812b led ring
- 2*16 I2C LCD display
- Si7021 or compatible Hum/ Temp sensor
- push button
- IKEA Picture frame where I coated the glass with dark foil.
- a few cables
Next to its moving "Weathercock" friend who didn't like its picture taken and showed his back :
@AWI excellent! I have something looking a bit like this!! I will show you soon, maybe that will give your some ideas btw nice integration