MySensors plugin : Choose the Serial Port

• Hi,

Running a serial gateway with nano. (original nano, not knock off version)

Every time there is a power failure, after start up I get this message:

MySensors Plugin[3575] : Running Lua Startup

The options for the serial gateway setup are not present. I need to go into my roof and unplug my serial gateway and plug it back into my Vera. Once it I do I can see the options for the set up and everything works fine. The other day I hit the reboot button on the nano and this did not seem to do the trick. I will need to confirm about that.

Has anyone had this problem?

• @dpancer said:

MySensors Plugin[3575] : Running Lua Startup

This message is coming from Vera?

If yes, then I think the problem is in Vera.

• @flopp said:

This message is coming from Vera?

If yes, then I think the problem is in Vera.

yes this message is coming from vera. Now, how can I solve this? I'm sure someone running the same setup can chime in. This must have happened to other people before.

Maybe adding a reboot every 6 hours in the arduino gateway sketch? Or is there a vera specific fix that might work?

• Admin

Yes, there have been reports of Vera re-numerating the usb-serial devices at reboot, which is very annoying.

I use a usb hub and it always pops up again after reboot. The only time have problems, is if I leave the gateway unplugged during reboot. Then I have to reconfigure it again.

• So still no solution to this problem? I guess building a Ethernet gateway instead of serial is one.

What if we have the gateway reboot itself every few hours. You think that will be the same as unplugging from the vera and plugging it back in?

• Admin

If it's a standard arduino (with 328p)then resetting won't have an effect, as the USB controller is external and won't reset/re-enumerate

If it's a 32u4, or atsam micro (with build in USB controller) then it will re-enumerate as you will be resetting the USB controller as well..

• @hek said in MySensors plugin : Choose the Serial Port:

Yes, there have been reports of Vera re-numerating the usb-serial devices at reboot, which is very annoying.

I use a usb hub and it always pops up again after reboot. The only time have problems, is if I leave the gateway unplugged during reboot. Then I have to reconfigure it again.

Its been quite some time since this issue has been discussed. Has there been any updates which can solve this re-numerating problem at reboot?

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics