💬 What's all the fuss about?

• Admin

This thread contains comments for the article "What's all the fuss about?" posted on MySensors.org.

• I am not a programmer, but trying to learn by making small projects.
    I am trying to build a arduino/ESP8266 with temp sensor so that at a particular set temp it sends a single to another arduino/ESP8266 with relay to turn on a cooler/heater. if there is a thread on this, please help me find it.

• Hello, I would like to create an ESP8266 gatway with RFM69, but I can not. I am connected to your assignment. Can you help me?

• Mod

Welcome to the MySensors community @bladeback

Could you describe what you have tried so far, and what the results were?

• Hello, I was able to get the ESP8266-RFM69 Gateway up and running. But I have another problem. How to reach a greater transmission distance between the gate and the node. Now, barely 20 meters away, as soon as I'm behind the wall, communication does not work. Because I only play MySensors API for a while, I do not know where to set it up exactly.
    The next question, how can I read incoming data to the gateway and view it by using the BLYNK API on the mobile or just based on the received data from the Motion sensor to turn on the diode?
    Thank you in advance

• And how to turn on ATC mode?

• Hello all! I am a (somewhat) experienced Arduino user and I am working at my project to control water quality. I want to build an integrated system for temperature, pH and conductivity. On my search for the best form of communication I stumbled over the 1-wire technology. I was hoping to find information about this, but it seems that MySensors is about radio communication. Am I right? Or is there a hidden corner in this community where I can find more about 1-wire? Thanks, Jos.

• Mod

@josri welcome!
    The MySensors library is focused on node to node communication. It supports radios (nrf24, rfm69, LoRa) and wired (RS485). We use some 1-wire sensors, but 1-wire is not used for node to node communication.

• Admin

@JosRi

one-wire is (more or less) a standard protocol from Dallas semiconductors. We do use 1-wire, but that is only to talk with existing sensors, like the DS1820 temperature sensor.

The main purpose is, like @mfalkvidd mentions, to be able to communicate between nodes of a sensor network, using various transports.

• Can I use mysensor library to comumunicate to RS485 4 chanel AC dimmer like this: https://www.tindie.com/products/JUNIOR700/4x-dimmer-ac-10ach-modbus-rs485-telegram-skype/ .

• Mod

If you can program it yourself, it could work but you need to figure out where the rs485 is connect to the arduino to be sure

• Hello .. As i am new to arduino and sensor .. i would like to connect my multiple hall effect sensor to one output pin of arduino ... is there any way???

• Mod

Do you mean to connect multiple sensors to the same pin on the arduino?

• Mod

If anyone can help @reshma-oueseph, please post in the original thread so we don't split our efforts in multiple places.

• nRF52840 radiofrequency mesh network setup.

Hi, everyone. I am new here and sure am glad i got to know about this site just 5 minutes ago (via random net search). I need help. I need to set up a 9 router mesh network with multi-hopping capabilities using the Nordic nRf52840 SoC. I joined the Nordic forum in the hope that i will get help. Suffice to say i have failed dismally to set up the network. I can do the examples they have on the site but when i ask for step by step instructions, someone always points out to me that they can't provide that for me. I know very little about C/C++ programming, so i cannot get past the examples. My project involves collecting and analyzing latency, hopping and packet delivery ratio data to determine the performance and reliability of the network. You tube is not detailed enough. Please, i need help as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

P.S. This project was started by someone else and i have been assigned to it and i cannot say no as that will lead to a fail. Please help me.

• Mod

If anyone can help @roe, please post in the original thread so we don't split our efforts into multiple places.

Roe: please don't post the same question multiple times. It is a waste of people's time.

• @mfalkvidd Excuse my enthusiasm.

• Hello Folks! I'm writing from Argentina and I'm new user. I will write about my projects in the next days... Good Luck!

• Hi! Excuse my Bad English... I'm working on that... I Have some Doubts about MySensors... I can see that the idea behind the project its to make a Nodes with de IO Distributed Concept (Im a PLC Industrial Guy...). All Nodes acts a Interface between the Fisical Variables and a Gateway / Controller.

1. A node can be a Sensor and a Actuactor at the same time? For example, If i need to sense PIR movement and acting a relay, can I do with the same Node.
    2. Based on that... I could say that I need a controller to do some logic using the Nodes IO Signals. For example, a PIR Node sense a movement, the controller receive this info and trigger a activation signal over a Actuator Node (Relay x example). Is it like that? Then.... Can nodes run some control logic localy? Without a Controller? Can I modify the Arduino Skecth to do that?
      For example. Im trying to make a Multisensor, but in the first project stage its need to work alone, without a Gateway and a Controller. The Multisensor senses values (Proximity for example) and trigger a Buzzer (The same Node must be a Sensor and a Actuator -> PIR -> Buzzer).
      Yes... I know.. I can do that with simple arduino code... But, Im thinking to in a second project implementation stage, the same Node Multisensor must be Gateway Ready, without changing program. This allow to read from the controller all Node Multisensor signals, but the logic continues runs locally on the node.
    3. Then... im thinking about to do some Override over the Actuators on the Node. Perhaps can I set a flag over the node arduino program from the Controller Interface with the intention to activate / deactive local control logic. If the flag is set to ON, then the Multisensor runs the local logic, But if it set to OFF, then, all the events control is do it from the controller.

I hope I was clear. Thanks for your time

• Mod

Hi @matias_sams, welcome to the MySensors community!

The answer to all your questions is yes. However, the more logic/code added, the harder it will become to create bug-free code, and troubleshooting also becomes harder. Our general recommendation is to start simple and then add more logic step by step.

• @mfalkvidd said in 💬 What's all the fuss about?:

Our general recommendation is to start simple and then add more logic step by step.

And this good rules can actually be transferred to almost anything 🙂

• @mfalkvidd Great!!! Ok, let's do it... I think tonight my girlfriend kicks me out of the house jajaja.... lol...

• Hello! Forgive me if I bother you, or if I ask some stupidity ... but I wanted to ask you something I can not find anywhere.
    I already have a Relay node and a Sensor Node with a gateway running. I am using MYSController. Everything works OK.
    I have concerns about some code syntax.
    I can not finish understanding regarding the reading or writing of states in a binary device the syntax:

state? RELAY_ON: RELAY_OFF
    or
    state? "true": "false"

What does the "?" Mean. How should I understand that line? Because there are times when it appears inverted:
    state? RELAY_OFF: RELAY_ON
    or
    state? "false": "true"

Thank you!

• @matias_sams said in 💬 What's all the fuss about?:

state? "true": "false"

It's known in C language as conditional operator
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%3F:#C

• Mod

To add to the previous answer, in the relay example sketch, ? is used to handle that some relays are active low, some are active high.

From the sketch:

#define RELAY_ON 1  // GPIO value to write to turn on attached relay
    #define RELAY_OFF 0 // GPIO value to write to turn off attached relay

• !!!
    Thank you very much community, you are great!

• Hi, I'm working on project of mobile app to measure the CO2, LPG gas , Smog through MQ135 and MQ7 sensors. Kindly help me what should I do??
    Give me suggestions....Thank you

• Mod

Welcome to the MySensors forum @talhayounis

Th best way to get started with MySensors is to first read the getting started guide. Then you can move on to https://www.mysensors.org/build/gas which has an example sketch to use with MQ135 and MQ7.

The best way is usually to get a gateway and a simple node running, and then expand from that.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• Mod

@viti please stop crossposting your questions!

• Smaller sensors require lighter lenses (for equivalent angle of view, zoom range, build quality and aperture range).

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics