MySensors Cloud

• Admin

I've been playing with a new service for MySensors.org. A sensor playground where the community members can push their data for testing purposes or sharing sensor data publicly with family and friends.

The technical idea is to have bi-directional websocket connection from the ESP8266 or Ethernet gateway to the cloud service. The browser client also connects to the web using websockets. In between I've put redis for synchronization between the front-end instances to allow scaling. Might throw in a InfluxDB in the mix to store longer range of historic data depending on how much it hogs the server resources we got.

0_1474639243429_Screen Shot 2016-09-23 at 15.58.42.png

The initial tests looks promising. It's super fast when communicating with sensors/actuators and the home grown GUI works as expected. Doing front-end work takes a lot of time though.

I still have a lot of work before any beta is out, but I thought I should give some heads up.

Note, this will not replace your locally installed controller. It's meant for testing and sharing.

• Amazing, great work hek, can't wait to try it.

• Hardware Contributor

This looks very nice, but I don't think I will use it.

Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, but I don't want any dependencies to the cloud in my home auotmation setup. (At the moment, I have only one dependency with netatmo as I didn't found comparable CO2 sensors in their price range.)

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics