๐Ÿ’ฌ RFM69HW interstitial board for Pro Mini Temp-Humidity sensor

• Are there any more files for this board?

The files should be accessible now.

Thank you very much @NeverDie

Just ordered a batch from dangerousprototypes(dot)com

• Hardware Contributor

Thank you very much @NeverDie

I ordered some OSH park...

You're welcome. Because it leverages the Pro Mini, it doesn't require many discrete parts. Also, the soldering is fairly straight forward.

I just now posted Version 014. The changes are:

1. I enlarged the pad holes by 0.3mm to make aligning the pins between the Pro Mini and the adapter board easier. The prior version worked, but the alignment was a little tight.
    2. I increaased the board size slightly in order to maintain clearances between the larger holes/pads and the edges of the board.
    3. I added some text to the bottom silk screen which better identifies the board and its version number.

Hi @NeverDie,

I just received my batch and they look nice.

I noticed that the RFM69 DI00 is routed to Pin 4 on the Pro Mini instead of Pin 2 that I usually use. Does this really work? How did you account for this in your sketch?

@korttoma said:

Hi @NeverDie,

I just received my batch and they look nice.

I noticed that the RFM69 DI00 is routed to Pin 4 on the Pro Mini instead of Pin 2 that I usually use. Does this really work? How did you account for this in your sketch?

You are correct. It's a bug. I just now uploaded corrected files.

The current version is now Version 15.

• So what is the easiest way to correct this if the previous PCB is used? Can I change in the sketch so it works anyway or do I need to solder some wire?

@Cliff-Karlsson
    I suppose setting Pin 4 to INPUT after running a wire from Pin 4 to Pin 2 would patch it. Or you could solder bridge between 2 and 3, and then solder bridge again between 3 and 4. In that case, you'd set both Pin 3 and Pin 4 to input, assuming they weren't being used for something else.

If you have the boards but haven't yet soldered the headers, then I suggest doing the solder bridges, but don't connect header pins to pins 3 and 4. Then there's no need to set pins 3 and 4 to INPUT. I think that would be the cleanest fix.

That said, if the firmware you're running isn't relying on interrupts, then no patch would be needed. For instance, I had previously tested the PCB using lowpowerlab's node and gateway example code, which doesn't use interrupts for send and receive. That's why I didn't notice the bug until it was pointed out by Korttoma.

Also, I shrunk the board a little bit in Version 15, so it should cost less to get fab'd. On OSH-PARK, for example, it would now cost exactly $4 for 3 boards.

For some reason the Version 015 files disappeared after I posted them. So, I re-posted them this morning. Hopefully they stick this time.

• Hi guys!
    Thanks to NeverDie, I've just received my first batch!
    Can anyone post the code for the board with the sensor?
    Thanks!!!

• THAAAAAANKS!!!

• Mod

@andre_x it is pretty straightforward, there are already examples rfm69 examples around the forum: it's basically the node example sketch with added sensor library and a few lines of code to read and send temperature/humidity

• Hi Guys,

I am having troubles with the Version 015 ( i have checked that DI00 is routed to PIN2).

My definition for the radio looks like this:

// Enable and select radio type attached 
    #define MY_RADIO_RFM69
    #define MY_IS_RFM69HW
    #define MY_RFM69_FREQUENCY RF69_433MHZ

but i still get a error:
    !TSM:FPAR:FAIL

Adding a capacitor did nit help either. Does someone have a similar Issue?

Thanks

Looks like your connection to MySensors Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.