Problems dallas tempsensor

• Hello everyone.

Today i tried to create temp sensor... i did it before for my fishtank all worked fine.

Today i used a DS18D20 incl 4k7 resistor. After hooking-up the sensor burned down right away... hooked-up to the 5v. Also getting no information from the serial monitor....

I already flashed it to a gateway to see if my arduino and NRF24 still was working and it did. so i have no clue what goes wrong here...

Any suggestions before burning more sensors...

@stingone Most times this is caused by incorrect wiring. If you are using a bare ds18b20 then re check your wiring. Have a look at my wiring here for non parasitic mode.

If you are using one of the ds18b20 breakout boards be aware that they often have the 4.7k already on the board. Also they will often not have the pinouts in line with the ds18b20. You should use a multimeter to verify the correct wiring.

• @Boots33
    Will check the wires again...
    what about the compile error?

int16_t DallasTemperature::millisToWaitForConversion(uint8_t)' is private

I did a fresh install with latest libraries.. but still getting this error everytime while compilling.

@stingone That is a known issue with the latest dallas library. See this post for the fix

• @Boots33 said:

@stingone That is a known issue with the latest dallas library. See this post for the fix

Many thanks.. works all fine now 🙂 had indeed the wrong datasheet...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics