πŸ’¬ Motion And Lux Shield V1

I looked up that PIR sensor, but it doesn't appear to come with the dome/cover. I also don't see it in your BOM. Is that something you printed yourself? Or, if not, is there a source for it?

• Hardware Contributor

@NeverDie
    i've updated only the BOM tab for the moment. i'll update my files.

• I use White Fresnel 8120 or PIR lens 8120. on ebay/ali
      From my xp, for the moment, from the same source on ebay, and the same product, they were a bit different sometimes.
      Same size, but I got some with a round dome, and other orders with the dome flat on top! I've not asked why.. nor compared performance yet.
      I get 5-6m range.
    • You can also find smaller lens 8104 type if i remember. I have some. They have less range. 2m max
    • I imagine that the bigger lens, commonly used on the hc-sr504 should perform better. I also have some but not tried yet! hihi.

I'll upload the gerbers.

• Hardware Contributor

"So as soon as i've checked this is working as before, i release gerbers, and ask for a mini pcba if people interested."

Just in case it was not clear in the other thread, I am πŸ˜‰
    If the quote you get for PCBA is reasonable of course, else I'll shift to the power hungry versions with bigger batteries until I feel confident to solder 0603. Or to re-make the design with sized-up components πŸ™‚

The PIR sensor is pretty cheap, but I guess it's already too high for most breakout board sellers on aliexpress who want to keep the price ultra low. I'm just surprised companies like Adafruit or Sparkfun never did anything low power and just resell the 1$ SR501 at 10$
    Only DFRobot claims to have a 15¡A PIR which is already a great improvement but I can't get it shipped to Vietnam without shelling out 20$ for express mail 😞

Happy new year to you too !

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics