Lots of errors when trying to compile example sketch

• Hi,

i have wired a gateway node with an NRF2401+ radio and a W5100 ethernet module and an Arduino nano. Pretty much like the tutorial.
    So now i want to flash the arduino. I have downloaded the 2.0.0 library and imported the zipfile as a library in the Arduino software. I have copy&pasted the example sketch for this type of gateway, and tried to compile it. But i get LOTS of errors according to code in the library itself. Let me show you:

In file included from /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:23:0,
                     from /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/MySensors.h:261,
                     from /Volumes/simonszu's home/MySensors/gateway/gateway.ino:117:
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:34:31: error: 'SPI_MODE0' was not declared in this scope
     #define MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE SPI_MODE0
                                   ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:38:76: note: in expansion of macro 'MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE'
       SoftSPI<MY_SOFT_SPI_MISO_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_MOSI_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_SCK_PIN, MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE> _SPI;
                                                                                ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:38:97: error: template argument 4 is invalid
       SoftSPI<MY_SOFT_SPI_MISO_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_MOSI_PIN, MY_SOFT_SPI_SCK_PIN, MY_RF24_SPI_DATA_MODE> _SPI;
                                                                                                     ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.h:38:103: error: invalid type in declaration before ';' token
                                                                                                           ^
    In file included from /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/MySensors.h:261:0,
                     from /Volumes/simonszu's home/MySensors/gateway/gateway.ino:117:
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function 'uint8_t RF24_spiMultiByteTransfer(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, bool)':
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:44:24: error: request for member 'transfer' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
      uint8_t status = _SPI.transfer( cmd );
                            ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:47:18: error: request for member 'transfer' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
        status = _SPI.transfer( NOP );
                      ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:49:24: error: request for member 'transfer' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
       } else status = _SPI.transfer(*current++);
                            ^
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp: In function 'bool RF24_initialize()':
    /Users/simonszu/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MySensors-master/drivers/RF24/RF24.cpp:261:7: error: request for member 'begin' in '_SPI', which is of non-class type 'int'
      _SPI.begin();
           ^
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

So my question is now: How can i resolve these issues? I am quite sure that you didn't commit faulty code, so it's somehow an error on my side...but where am i wrong?

• Mod

@simonszu on my mobile now so I have trouble reading everything but try changing name of the Mysensors-master folder to just MySensors

• Mod

The easiest way to install the MySensors library is to use the Board Manager. See https://www.mysensors.org/about/arduino#installing-the-sensor-libraries for instructions. You'll need to delete the folder that was added manually first though.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics