Radio FAIL after ~3 weeks [SOLVED]

• Arduino Nano, fake, running normal Bootloader. MySensors 1.5.1. Domoticz as Controller, RPi, with Serial Gateway. Repeater is also available but this node is closer to Controller. It is an Energy Pulse Meter.

It is working perfect for 20-30 days then it says FAIL on sending data.

I have changed nRF(without restart) and it doesn't help. I don't want to restart it because it is still working and counting correct. I tried to restarted it before and it will start to work after a restart but if I restart it, it will lose all the counted data and I have to change the VAR in Domoticz.

Only thing I can think of is that the Arduino Nano is damage. Controller is 2 meters away.

Anyone seen same behavior?

0_1482703989024_nrf_fail.png

• @flopp

Changing the radio online leaves it completely uninitialized. This proofs nothing.
    This behaviour can be caused by problems with the power supply of the nrf. Did you add a capacitor?

• @flopp I got kind of similar errors due to insufficient supply voltage stability (e.g. drive NRF24L01 from nano´s 3.3V source which is not robust enough - most of the time).

So far your problem resembles mine - it is "read 0-0-0 ...". A message from Node 0, last forwarded by Node 0 is ok, but this message addressed to Node 0 is certainly not ok. So probably the NRF made rubbish from received messages. At this time I got some missing "FIND PARENT" and inconsistent "Version mismatch" -- which are receiving problems - I think. It seems the receive capabilities of NRF are very sensitive to voltage drops. Similar to your problem sending was not compromised.

So adding a little buck converter for 3.3 V (http://www.ebay.de/itm/201280523226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT or http://www.ebay.de/itm/201662468680?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ) and supplying it from nano´s 5V (=USB, 500mA) made the errors vanish.

Another solution could be adding a capacitor - I haven´t tried it yet.

A quick hack for Christmas may be to hook up the NRF to two fresh AA-cells (don´t forget common ground). They will drain relative quickly, but they will last long enough to identify the problem.

Merry Christmas and good luck.....

• Mod

@flopp Try with MySensors 2.1-beta and only change radios with power removed!

• @Jan-Gatzke said:

@flopp

Changing the radio online leaves it completely uninitialized. This proofs nothing.
    This behaviour can be caused by problems with the power supply of the nrf. Did you add a capacitor?

I have a capacitor.
    I will add power from other source.

Do you think I can initialize it with another Arduino but use VCC and GND from Arduino Nano, then connect back all cables from Arduino Nano and then it will work?

I don't want to restart Arduino Nano.

• @tboha said:

@flopp I got kind of similar errors due to insufficient supply voltage stability (e.g. drive NRF24L01 from nano´s 3.3V source which is not robust enough - most of the time).

So far your problem resembles mine - it is "read 0-0-0 ...". A message from Node 0, last forwarded by Node 0 is ok, but this message addressed to Node 0 is certainly not ok. So probably the NRF made rubbish from received messages. At this time I got some missing "FIND PARENT" and inconsistent "Version mismatch" -- which are receiving problems - I think. It seems the receive capabilities of NRF are very sensitive to voltage drops. Similar to your problem sending was not compromised.

So adding a little buck converter for 3.3 V (http://www.ebay.de/itm/201280523226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT or http://www.ebay.de/itm/201662468680?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT ) and supplying it from nano´s 5V (=USB, 500mA) made the errors vanish.

Another solution could be adding a capacitor - I haven´t tried it yet.

A quick hack for Christmas may be to hook up the NRF to two fresh AA-cells (don´t forget common ground). They will drain relative quickly, but they will last long enough to identify the problem.

Merry Christmas and good luck.....

i got Version mismatch when I was changing nRF when the Arduino was running, maybe not the best idea.

Do you think it will work to use AA batteries, even if I connect GND would it work with all other cables from Arduino to nRF?

I have these buckets at home so maybe I should add one. I will wait until last december to restart the Arduino, because I want to see if it calculates correct against my meter(on my house wall) from the electric company

• @Yveaux said:

@flopp Try with MySensors 2.1-beta and only change radios with power removed!

I have a second pulse meter running on Arduino UNO, original, same code and it works perfect. I don't think 2.1 will solve my problem.

You are correct that I should NOT change nRF when Arduino is powered.

• @flopp said:

ave a capacitor.
    I will add power from other source.

Do you think I can initialize it with another Arduino but use VCC and GND from Arduino Nano, then connect back all cables from Arduino Nano and then it will work?

I don't want to restart Arduino Nano.

If you connect ground of both Arduinos, this should work. You should assign the other Arduino the same node id statically. Let me know the result if you try. 😄

• @Jan-Gatzke

I know how to solve my problem without restarting my Arduino Nano.

I initialize nRF with another Arduino.

NODE ID doesn't seems to be important, be careful how the sketch look like so you don't send any strange data when you initialize it. I used another CHILD ID and NODE ID, just to be sure, on the Arduino that I initialize it with.

Be very careful when you init the nRF from the second Arduino, you need to sync it with the first Arduino that is FAILING. If you init the nRF when the first Arduino is trying to send data it seems to NOT find the way back to send again. Then you get all this strange messages like: "version mismatch", "find parent" and maybe other messages.
    My arduino sends data every 5 minute so I need to wait until it tried to send, when I see FAILED(in serial monitor) I disconnect all cables but NOT GND and VCC, init from the second Arduino and connected back the original cables. You must also connect GND from second Arduino to first Arduino when you init.

Another solution for future is to add gw.begin() in your loop, then it will initialize nRF in every loop, not very good solution but it works. If you send data every 5 minute I don't care if it will "talked" to controller every time it sends data, but for a battery powered node or a node that sends data every 5 seconds maybe it is better to find the real problem.

I think my problem was that the nRF have lost/forgot the init/settings or Arduino had a glitch so the nRF restarted but not Arduino.

Thanks for all help

• @tboha
    hi friend i have same problem. in serial monitor some time i have this errors:

!TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=10,st=NACK:1
    !TSM:READY:UPL FAIL,SNP
    !TSF:SND:TNR

i use a 4.7 and 100 capacitor but i have problem yet. are you using a regulator module for your device ? so you have not any problem now? and all of commands send ? for me after some time i test relay and i see dont work , after some try this is work and some time dont work.... my device and gateway is 50 meter distance with a thin wall .

• @Reza
    What kind of nRF do you use?

I power my nRF directly from Arduino Nano.

I don't have problem anymore but maybe it will be a problem again in the future. I think your problem can be that the node doesn't have contact with your gateway.

Try to put a repeater in the middle between node and GW

• @Reza
    Which NRF Modules do you use? 50 meter with a wall in between wont function properly with the cheap ones. You need something like this for the Job:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/2-4G-22dBm-100mW-nRF24L01P-PA-LNA-Wireless-Transmission-Module-Shield-Case-/191955447324?hash=item2cb16fae1c:g:3XQAAOSwgZ1XwQvw

• @Reza said:

!TSM:READY:UPL FAIL,SNP

I had not got such errors due to power issues. Unstable/insufficient power supply mostly resulted in inconsistent functions - not in steady errors. Sometimes (depending on weather? phase of the moon?) functions were ok, sometimes not.
    Changing power supply (either batteries or buck-device) healed this problems.

So far I understand your error-messages they could probably mean what they say:
    UPLink control FAILed and your node is Searching New Parent - which is a logical consequence.

I think flopp and Jan Gatzke are right: 50 meters is quite a large distance - may be too much for stable connection.

If your device is mobile - lower the distance (just for testing purposes) and look for a stable connection. Depending on the result you may take further actions like described above or - if you like tinkering - you may have a look at

http://www.instructables.com/id/Enhanced-NRF24L01/ or Cheap DIY NRF24L01 Antenna Modification – 02:48
    — Pete B

I have not done this until now - but it looks really cool.

• @flopp
    @Jan-Gatzke
    @tboha
    Thank you friends for help. I use this models. Good communication is the first (but not send all command. Especially when I send quickly some commands)
    But the main problem is after time. for example 1 hours or 1 day . when i want send a command , command dont send . i try again and again but dont work.
    0_1483084815896_ماژول-Wireless-NRF24L01.jpg

• @Reza
    Can you post your code here please
    Don't forget to use CODE-tag when you post the code

• @flopp

#define MY_DEBUG
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    #define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 0
    #define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE
    #define MY_NODE_ID 5

#include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensors.h>
    #include <Bounce2.h>
    #include <avr/wdt.h>

#define RELAY_ON 0
    #define RELAY_OFF 1

#define A_ID 1
    #define B_ID 2
    #define C_ID 3
    #define D_ID 4
    #define E_ID 5
    #define F_ID 6

const int buttonPinA = 14;
    const int buttonPinB = 15;
    const int buttonPinC = 16;
    const int buttonPinD = 17;
    const int buttonPinE = 18;
    const int buttonPinF = 19;

const int relayPinA = 3;
    const int relayPinB = 4;
    const int relayPinC = 5;
    const int relayPinD = 6;
    const int relayPinE = 7;
    const int relayPinF = 8;

int oldValueA = 0;
    int oldValueB = 0;
    int oldValueC = 0;
    int oldValueD = 0;
    int oldValueE = 0;
    int oldValueF = 0;

unsigned long time_m;
    unsigned long a, b, c, d, e, f ;

bool stateA = false;
    bool stateB = false;
    bool stateC = false;
    bool stateD = false;
    bool stateE = false;
    bool stateF = false;

int trigger = 0;

Bounce debouncerA = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerB = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerC = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerD = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerE = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerF = Bounce();

MyMessage msgA(A_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgB(B_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgC(C_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgD(D_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgE(E_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgF(F_ID, V_STATUS);

void setup()
    {

pinMode(buttonPinA, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinB, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinC, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinD, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinE, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinF, INPUT_PULLUP);

// After setting up the buttons, setup debouncer
      debouncerA.attach(buttonPinA);
      debouncerA.interval(5);
      debouncerB.attach(buttonPinB);
      debouncerB.interval(5);
      debouncerC.attach(buttonPinC);
      debouncerC.interval(5);
      debouncerD.attach(buttonPinD);
      debouncerD.interval(5);
      debouncerE.attach(buttonPinE);
      debouncerE.interval(5);
      debouncerF.attach(buttonPinF);
      debouncerF.interval(5);

// Make sure relays are off when starting up
      digitalWrite(relayPinA, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinB, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinC, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinD, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinE, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinF, RELAY_OFF);
      // Then set relay pins in output mode
      pinMode(relayPinA, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinB, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinC, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinD, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinE, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinF, OUTPUT);

/*--------------------- Added these lines for toggle switch-------------------------*/
      oldValueA = digitalRead(buttonPinA);  // set oldValueA to the current status of the toggle switch
      oldValueB = digitalRead(buttonPinB);  // set oldValueB to the current status of the toggle switch
      oldValueC = digitalRead(buttonPinC);
      oldValueD = digitalRead(buttonPinD);
      oldValueE = digitalRead(buttonPinE);
      oldValueF = digitalRead(buttonPinF);

// send(msgA.set(false)); // Send off state for relayA to ensure controller knows the switch is off
      // send(msgB.set(false)); // Send off state for relayB to ensure controller knows the switch is off

wdt_enable(WDTO_4S);
    }

void presentation()  {
      // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
      sendSketchInfo("RELAY6", "1.0");

// Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
      present(A_ID, S_LIGHT);
      present(B_ID, S_LIGHT);
      present(C_ID, S_LIGHT);
      present(D_ID, S_LIGHT);
      present(E_ID, S_LIGHT);
      present(F_ID, S_LIGHT);

}

/*
       Example on how to asynchronously check for new messages from gw
    */
    void loop()
    {
      {
        time_m = millis();
        a = time_m % 3600000;
        b = time_m % 3601000;
        c = time_m % 3602000;
        d = time_m % 3603000;
        e = time_m % 3604000;
        f = time_m % 3605000;
        if (a == 0) {
          send(msgA.set(stateA ? true : false), true);
        }
        if (b == 0) {
          send(msgB.set(stateB ? true : false), true);
        }

if (c == 0) {
          send(msgC.set(stateC ? true : false), true);
        }

if (d == 0) {
          send(msgD.set(stateD ? true : false), true);
        }

if (e == 0) {
          send(msgE.set(stateE ? true : false), true);
        }

if (f == 0) {
          send(msgF.set(stateF ? true : false), true);
        }
      }
      if (trigger == 0) {
        send(msgA.set(false)); // Send off state for relayA to ensure controller knows the switch is off
        send(msgB.set(false)); // Send off state for relayB to ensure controller knows the switch is off
        send(msgC.set(false));
        send(msgD.set(false));
        send(msgE.set(false));
        send(msgF.set(false));
        trigger = 1;
      }

debouncerA.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueA = debouncerA.read();
      if (valueA != oldValueA) {
        send(msgA.set(stateA ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        oldValueA = valueA;
      }

debouncerB.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueB = debouncerB.read();
      if (valueB != oldValueB) {
        send(msgB.set(stateB ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        oldValueB = valueB;
      }

debouncerC.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueC = debouncerC.read();
      if (valueC != oldValueC) {
        send(msgC.set(stateC ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        oldValueC = valueC;
      }

debouncerD.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueD = debouncerD.read();
      if (valueD != oldValueD) {
        send(msgD.set(stateD ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        oldValueD = valueD;
      }

debouncerE.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueE = debouncerE.read();
      if (valueE != oldValueE) {
        send(msgE.set(stateE ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        oldValueE = valueE;
      }

debouncerF.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueF = debouncerF.read();
      if (valueF != oldValueF) {
        send(msgF.set(stateF ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        oldValueF = valueF;
      }
      wdt_reset();
    }

void receive(const MyMessage &message) {
      // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
      if (message.type == V_STATUS) {

switch (message.sensor) {
          case 1:
            stateA = message.getBool();
            digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, stateA ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

break;
          case 2:
            stateB = message.getBool();
            digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, stateB ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

break;

case 3:
            stateC = message.getBool();
            digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, stateC ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

break;
          case 4:
            stateD = message.getBool();
            digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, stateD ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

break;
          case 5:
            stateE = message.getBool();
            digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, stateE ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

break;
          case 6:
            stateF = message.getBool();
            digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, stateF ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

break;

}

// Write some debug info
        Serial.print("Incoming change for sensor:");
        Serial.println(message.sensor);
        Serial.print("from node:");
        Serial.println(message.sender);
        Serial.print(", New status: ");
        Serial.println(message.getBool());
      }
    }

• @Reza Your code isn´t easy to understand. More Comments within your code would be very helpful.

So I will try a little mind reading.....

Basic concept seems to be decoupling switches/pushbuttons from the relais part and to control the relais action through your controller.

Management of switches/pushbuttons is done in loop().

"Master of states" is your controller (software).

Actions are performed by receive().

At last a clean soloution - but some parts aren´t that clean.

The only reference to stateX is within receive() directly before digital_write(X). So any change to stateX from within the sketch will not have any effekt. So the introduction of the stateX variable isn´t actually necessary.

digitalWrite(message.sensor + 2, message.getBool() ? RELAY_ON : RELAY_OFF);

should work to. This eliminates thes risk of double originals which can get very tricky if things go wrong. (i.e. there should be only one set of stateX variables in your system because keeping copied sets tidy is a huge amount of work and prone to errors).

In the first part of loop() you try to instantiate some basic mechanisms to accomplish this mission but I fear it will not succeed.

Within loop you begin with a chain of modulo-operations which might be intended to send the state variable to your controller once every hour (?) with 1 second interval. This will fail eternally if your loop starts accidentally with millis() at xxxxxx1 and loop duration is xxxxxx2. The remainder of % operation will always be 1 (or more) but never zero. Precise timing down to 1 millisecond would be too critical to little errors and is not necessary.
    Spacing send() to one second should not be necessary either - MySensors framework can deal with lot of send() in a row.
    So maybe a statement like

if (millis() >= lasttime+INTERVALL) {.....}

could fit your needs. It isn´t that precise - but precise enough and robust.

if (trigger == 0) {...;trigger=1;}

This part is executed only once because you never reset trigger to zero. If you intend to reset your controller variables you might move this part to setup() - or better leave it to your controller.

But if you omit stateX copying this whole section could be skipped.

The rest of loop() consists of switch management which seems ok to me. Nevertheless a little proposal for optimisation:

send(msgA.set(stateA ? true : false), true);

There is no really need for the trinary operator ? because stateA is bool, it may be send directly like

send(msgA.set(stateA ), true);

debouncerA.update();

I am not very familiar with debounce(). But omitting "&&valueA==0" will cause your statement to react to pressing your button as well as to releasing your button. So this statement will act twice on one keystroke -- so far I remember the debounce() function.
    Because stateA is not likely to be changed in this short amount of time, this statement will send stateA twice - which causes unnecessary traffic.
    These are surely no crucial points but I think the sketch woud be more robust.

wdt_enable(WDTO_4S);

Please don´t do this - it may have terrible side effects and may make you mad while searching for errors.

So over all your sketch isn´t that bad for a first proof of concept and should be functional for your basic needs.

So missing send should be due to the qualitiy of your connection. Maybe a longer log of debug messages (both sides?) would be helpful.

• @tboha

Great analysis. I will surely send you my code for review next time. 😄

• @tboha
    thank you my friend for help
    i am beginner and sorry for this sketch. i tried hardly until build this sketch with use other sketch in site. in this code i want use a 6channel relay with 6 button(toggle button up/down). also i want after power supply off/on , all relay go to off and in app (for example domoticz) show me all relay go to off. about millis() when i use a repeater (for this 6channel relay) and if repeater to be fail so radio in relay can not found a new way for connect to gateway. because that is not any connection with gateway. so if every hours relay send her state so if see that connection is fail so search and found a new way for connection.

sorry for weak in english 😞

so you think my problem in connection is related to my sketch ? but i can not change this because i am beginner . can you help me to fix this code ? please

• @Reza

The Problem is most likely a problem with your hardware. Try to lower the distance and see if the problem still exists. If not you should replace your radios. Look for radios with pa / lna.

• @Jan-Gatzke said:

Try to lower the distance and see if the problem still exists. If not you should replace your radios. Look for radios with pa / lna.

i test with lower distance . there is problem yet. i think problem is related to my sketch. i can not fix this 😞

• @Jan-Gatzke You are welcome.
    @Reza : don´t worry, there will be a simple solution.
    I´m in a hurry at the moment, I was ordered to do some party tonight. If my supreme command detects my current activities I will have very bad Karma for the next days.

To whom it may already apply: Happy new Year!! 💥

if (applies == 0) {
    wait.some(hours);
    read.again();
    }

• This post is deleted!

• @tboha
    happy new year to you and your family ❤
    my friend i am beginner . can you edit and fix my sketch next day? and paste here ? please .thank you

• @reza:
    I made some modifications to your sketch, trying to adhere to your style of programming. So it may be easier to adapt it to your needs.

#define MY_DEBUG
    #define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    #define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 0
    #define MY_REPEATER_FEATURE
    #define MY_NODE_ID 5

#include <SPI.h>
    #include <MySensors.h>
    #include <Bounce2.h>

#define RELAY_ON 0
    #define RELAY_OFF 1

#define A_ID 1
    #define B_ID 2
    #define C_ID 3
    #define D_ID 4
    #define E_ID 5
    #define F_ID 6

#define DISPLAY_INTERVALL 10000

const int buttonPinA = 14;
    const int buttonPinB = 15;
    const int buttonPinC = 16;
    const int buttonPinD = 17;
    const int buttonPinE = 18;
    const int buttonPinF = 19;

const int relayPinA = 3;
    const int relayPinB = 4;
    const int relayPinC = 5;
    const int relayPinD = 6;
    const int relayPinE = 7;
    const int relayPinF = 8;

int oldValueA = 0;
    int oldValueB = 0;
    int oldValueC = 0;
    int oldValueD = 0;
    int oldValueE = 0;
    int oldValueF = 0;

unsigned long loop_count = 0;           // counter for loop activity
    unsigned long last_time;
    bool toggleA = false, toggleB = false, toggleC = false, toggleD = false, toggleE = false, toggleF = false;

Bounce debouncerA = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerB = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerC = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerD = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerE = Bounce();
    Bounce debouncerF = Bounce();

MyMessage msgA(A_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgB(B_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgC(C_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgD(D_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgE(E_ID, V_STATUS);
    MyMessage msgF(F_ID, V_STATUS);

void setup()
    {

pinMode(buttonPinA, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinB, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinC, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinD, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinE, INPUT_PULLUP);
      pinMode(buttonPinF, INPUT_PULLUP);

// After setting up the buttons, setup debouncer
      debouncerA.attach(buttonPinA);
      debouncerA.interval(5);
      debouncerB.attach(buttonPinB);
      debouncerB.interval(5);
      debouncerC.attach(buttonPinC);
      debouncerC.interval(5);
      debouncerD.attach(buttonPinD);
      debouncerD.interval(5);
      debouncerE.attach(buttonPinE);
      debouncerE.interval(5);
      debouncerF.attach(buttonPinF);
      debouncerF.interval(5);

// Make sure relays are off when starting up
      digitalWrite(relayPinA, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinB, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinC, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinD, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinE, RELAY_OFF);
      digitalWrite(relayPinF, RELAY_OFF);
      // Then set relay pins in output mode
      pinMode(relayPinA, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinB, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinC, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinD, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinE, OUTPUT);
      pinMode(relayPinF, OUTPUT);

wait(1000);                                    // testing LEDs. should be omitted for Relais.
      digitalWrite(relayPinA, RELAY_ON);
      digitalWrite(relayPinB, RELAY_ON);
      digitalWrite(relayPinC, RELAY_ON);
      digitalWrite(relayPinD, RELAY_ON);
      digitalWrite(relayPinE, RELAY_ON);
      digitalWrite(relayPinF, RELAY_ON);

/*--------------------- Added these lines for toggle switch-------------------------*/
      oldValueA = digitalRead(buttonPinA);  // set oldValueA to the current status of the toggle switch
      oldValueB = digitalRead(buttonPinB);  // set oldValueB to the current status of the toggle switch
      oldValueC = digitalRead(buttonPinC);
      oldValueD = digitalRead(buttonPinD);
      oldValueE = digitalRead(buttonPinE);
      oldValueF = digitalRead(buttonPinF);

}

void presentation()  {
      // Send the sketch version information to the gateway and Controller
      sendSketchInfo("RELAY6", "0.1");

// Register all sensors to gw (they will be created as child devices)
      present(A_ID, S_LIGHT, "Relais A");
      present(B_ID, S_LIGHT, "Relais B");
      present(C_ID, S_LIGHT, "Relais C");
      present(D_ID, S_LIGHT, "Relais D");
      present(E_ID, S_LIGHT, "Relais E");
      present(F_ID, S_LIGHT, "Relais F");

}

/*
       Example on how to asynchronously check for new messages from gw
    */
    void loop()
    {
        loop_count ++;                                        // increment loop count

if ( millis() >= last_time + DISPLAY_INTERVALL ) {    // Display Loop-cycles every DISPLAY_INTERVALL milliseconds
          last_time = millis();                               // reset and start over again
          Serial.print("loop_count: ");
          Serial.println(loop_count);
          loop_count = 0;
        }

debouncerA.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueA = debouncerA.read();
      if (valueA != oldValueA && valueA == 0) {
        send(msgA.set(toggleA, true));                        // Send new state and request ack back
        digitalWrite(relayPinA, toggleA);                     // switch relais
        Serial.println("Switch A pressed");
        toggleA = !toggleA;                                   // this is the actual toggle switch
      }
      oldValueA = valueA;

debouncerB.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueB = debouncerB.read();
      if (valueB != oldValueB) {
        send(msgB.set(valueB ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        Serial.println("Switch B pressed");
        oldValueB = valueB;
      }

debouncerC.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueC = debouncerC.read();
      if (valueC != oldValueC) {
        send(msgC.set(valueC ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        Serial.println("Switch C pressed");
        oldValueC = valueC;
      }

debouncerD.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueD = debouncerD.read();
      if (valueD != oldValueD) {
        send(msgD.set(valueD ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        Serial.println("Switch D pressed");
        oldValueD = valueD;
      }

debouncerE.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueE = debouncerE.read();
      if (valueE != oldValueE) {
        send(msgE.set(valueE ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        Serial.println("Switch E pressed");
        oldValueE = valueE;
      }

debouncerF.update();
      // Get the update value
      int valueF = debouncerF.read();
      if (valueF != oldValueF) {
        send(msgF.set(valueF ? false : true), true); // Send new state and request ack back
        Serial.println("Switch F pressed");
        oldValueF = valueF;
      }

}

void receive(const MyMessage &message) {
      // We only expect one type of message from controller. But we better check anyway.
      if (message.type == V_STATUS) {

switch (message.sensor) {
          case 1:
            break;

case 2:
            break;

case 3:
            break;

case 4:
            break;

case 5:
            break;

case 6:
            break;

default:
            Serial.println("bad message (child_id >6)");
            break;
        }

// Write some debug info
        Serial.print("Incoming change for sensor:");
        Serial.print(message.sensor);
        Serial.print("  from node:");
        Serial.print(message.sender);
        Serial.print(", New status: ");
        Serial.println(message.getBool());
      }
    }

I haven`t copied the code for all push-buttons - I leave this to you if this sketch is functional for your needs.

Acting carefully, you may mingle some parts with blacey´s sketch successfully (by the way - impressing coding style).

Reenacting your sketch I found some strange behavior: no reaction to push-button-press - meaning the sketch didn´t even take notice of the push-button after it had been pressed once - or sometimes twice.

Adding an external pull-up resistor (4.7k) fixed this problem.

So maybe it has not been a sending problem but a hardware problem (internal pull-ups to weak?).

Please flood your sketch with print statements - like "button A pressed" "send command issued" etc. and watch your serial terminal carefully and/or post your logs.

Thinking about the modulo-driven time-statement - actually it is a cute idea. Something like

time_m = millis();
        a = (time_m / 1000) % 3600;

should make it immune to uneven starting values an even loop-cycle duration. (loop-cycle-time of the above sketch: approximately 125 µs)

These are the lesser problems. I fear you have to do some boring English lecture.
    Please read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite-state_machine
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_machine_replication

and first: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Generals'_Problem
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_fault_tolerance

as an excerpt :

The Two Generals Problem was the first computer communication problem to be proved to be unsolvable.

This is not "we don´t have a solution until now" but: "it is sure there can´t be a solution"

So you will have to live with a certain amount of uncertainty .....

Conclusion:

1. Check correct function of push-button with Serial.print(), with and without external pull-up resistor.

2. Please post your logs afterwards.

3. be prepared to make some decisions concerning tolerable fuzziness.

4. if necessary start learning about scripting capabilities of your controller.

• @tboha
    i think my problem is related to other reason
    this is out of sketch with change you:

0 MCO:BGN:INIT REPEATER,CP=RNNRA--,VER=2.0.1-beta
    4 TSM:INIT
    11 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    12 TSM:INIT:STATID=4
    14 TSF:SID:OK,ID=4
    16 TSM:FPAR
    52 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2059 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    2061 TSM:FPAR
    2097 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2165 TSF:MSG:READ,2-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2170 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=2,D=2
    2340 TSF:MSG:READ,3-3-4,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:3
    4105 TSM:FPAR:OK
    4106 TSM:ID
    4107 TSM:ID:OK
    4109 TSM:UPL
    4146 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:1
    6153 TSM:UPL
    6190 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=1,st=NACK:1
    8197 TSM:UPL
    8206 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=2,st=OK:1
    8240 TSF:MSG:READ,0-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:2
    8245 TSF:MSG:PONG RECV,HP=2
    8248 TSM:UPL:OK
    8249 TSM:READY
    8266 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0100
    8292 TSF:MSG:READ,0-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    8338 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=10,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:2.0.1-beta
    8373 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:2
    8402 TSF:MSG:READ,0-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=1,sg=0:M
    8445 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=6,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:RELAY6
    8477 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=1,st=OK:0.1
    8523 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:Relais A
    8569 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=2,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=1,st=NACK:Relais B
    8615 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=3,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=2,st=NACK:Relais C
    8662 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=4,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=3,st=NACK:Relais D
    8708 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=5,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=4,st=NACK:Relais E
    8754 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=6,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=5,st=NACK:Relais F
    8761 MCO:REG:REQ
    8783 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=6,st=OK:2
    8809 TSF:MSG:READ,0-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    8814 MCO:PIM:NODE REG=1
    8816 MCO:BGN:STP
    9818 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,ID=4,PAR=2,DIS=2,REG=1
    loop_count: 1552
    loop_count: 87002
    loop_count: 86993

• i have problem in send and receive ack ! i dont know where is problem ! i change radio and wire and arduino ... but this problem dont resolve 😞

also in my sketch i want when relay module is power on (relays off (LED OFF) ) and when i send command LED on and relay on. also i use a key with up / down button. so i want when key is up send one command and when key is down send other command...

• 0 MCO:BGN:INIT REPEATER,CP=RNNRA--,VER=2.0.1-beta
    4 TSM:INIT
    12 TSM:INIT:STATID=4
    14 TSF:SID:OK,ID=4
    2830 TSF:MSG:READ,2-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2835 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=2,D=2
    4146 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=NACK:1
    6153 TSM:UPL
    6190 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=1,st=NACK:1
    8197 TSM:UPL
    8233 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=2,st=NACK:1
    10241 TSM:UPL
    10277 !TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-2-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=3,st=NACK:1
    12285 !TSM:UPL:FAIL
    12286 TSM:FPAR
    12323 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=4,st=OK:
    14332 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    14334 TSM:FPAR
    14371 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    16378 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    16380 TSM:FPAR
    16417 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    18424 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    18426 TSM:FPAR
    18463 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    20470 !TSM:FPAR:FAIL
    20471 TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    20473 TSM:FAIL:PDT
    30476 TSM:FAIL:RE-INIT
    30478 TSM:INIT
    30485 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    30487 TSM:INIT:STATID=4
    30489 TSF:SID:OK,ID=4
    30491 TSM:FPAR
    30528 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    32535 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    32537 TSM:FPAR
    32574 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    34581 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    34583 TSM:FPAR
    34620 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    36627 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    36629 TSM:FPAR
    36666 TSF:MSG:SEND,4-4-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:

• @Reza I got your nodes behavior mostly reproduced (see protocol below).
    Only difference:

2830 TSF:MSG:READ,2-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2835 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=2,D=2

In my network I got direct connections to my gateway.
    so most messages in your logs document all nodes broadcasting all the time searching for your gateway and getting no response.
    If there is no connection - there can be no ACK.

Would you please check your gateway sketch for the RF-channel in use?

Protocol with non matching RF-channel (#define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 0)

0 MCO:BGN:INIT REPEATER,CP=RNNRA--,VER=2.1.0
    3 TSM:INIT
    4 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    13 TSM:INIT:STATID=5
    15 TSF:SID:OK,ID=5
    17 TSM:FPAR
    53 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2060 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    2062 TSM:FPAR
    2098 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    4105 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    4107 TSM:FPAR
    4143 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6150 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    6152 TSM:FPAR
    6188 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    8195 !TSM:FPAR:FAIL
    8196 TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    8198 TSM:FAIL:PDT
    18201 TSM:FAIL:RE-INIT
    18203 TSM:INIT
    18210 TSM:INIT:TSP OK
    18212 TSM:INIT:STATID=5
    18214 TSF:SID:OK,ID=5
    18216 TSM:FPAR
    18253 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    20260 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    20262 TSM:FPAR
    20298 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    22306 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    22308 TSM:FPAR
    22344 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    24352 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    24354 TSM:FPAR
    24390 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    26398 !TSM:FPAR:FAIL
    26399 TSM:FAIL:CNT=2
    26401 TSM:FAIL:PDT

Protocol with matching RF-Channel (without #define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 0,i.e. using default channel)

0 MCO:BGN:INIT REPEATER,CP=RNNRA--,VER=2.1.0
    3 TSM:INIT
    4 TSF:WUR:MS=0
    13 TSM:INIT:STATID=5
    15 TSF:SID:OK,ID=5
    17 TSM:FPAR
    53 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2060 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    2062 TSM:FPAR
    2098 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    2377 TSF:MSG:READ,14-14-5,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2382 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=14,D=2
    2811 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-5,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:0
    2817 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=0,D=1
    3289 TSF:MSG:READ,7-7-5,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:2
    3734 TSF:MSG:READ,4-4-5,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    4112 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=24,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1
    4118 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-5,s=255,c=3,t=25,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    4123 TSF:MSG:PONG RECV,HP=1
    4126 TSM:UPL:OK
    4127 TSM:READY:ID=5,PAR=0,DIS=1
    4132 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0100
    4139 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-5,s=255,c=3,t=15,pt=6,l=2,sg=0:0100
    4146 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=0,t=18,pt=0,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2.1.0
    4155 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0
    4584 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-5,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=6,sg=0:Metric
    4590 TSF:MSG:ACK REQ
    4594 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=6,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Metric
    4602 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=11,pt=0,l=6,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:RELAY6
    4611 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=12,pt=0,l=3,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0.1
    4620 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=1,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Relais A
    4628 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=2,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Relais B
    4637 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=3,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Relais C
    4645 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=4,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Relais D
    4655 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=5,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Relais E
    4663 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=6,c=0,t=3,pt=0,l=8,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:Relais F
    4670 MCO:REG:REQ
    4673 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=255,c=3,t=26,pt=1,l=1,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:2
    4679 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-5,s=255,c=3,t=27,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    4684 MCO:PIM:NODE REG=1
    4686 MCO:BGN:STP
    4714 TSF:MSG:READ,0-0-5,s=255,c=3,t=6,pt=0,l=6,sg=0:Metric
    5688 MCO:BGN:INIT OK,TSP=1
    7503 TSF:MSG:READ,8-8-5,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    7508 !TSF:MSG:FPAR INACTIVE
    loop_count: 36610
    loop_count: 85099
    loop_count: 85091
    31153 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0.0
    Switch A pressed
    34217 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:1.0
    Switch A pressed
    36277 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-0-0,s=1,c=1,t=2,pt=7,l=5,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:0.0
    Switch A pressed
    loop_count: 84876

Which kind of Gateway are you using?

• @tboha
    i use #define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 0 and all of node are #define MY_RF24_CHANNEL 0

• @Reza
    Based on your answer I have to confess I didn´t read your log carefully enough - being fixed to missing ACKs I didn´t pay attention to successful transmissions.

Difference between Node 160 log and Node 4 log is the complete absence of any messages from Node 0 (GW) in Node 160 log, whereas in Node 4 log there are answers from GW.

So my next question would be: are these failures consistent?

If you are not feed up already, would you please log some boot sequences from Node 4? And some button-presses too?

I think it would be interesting if failures are the exact identical or just almost identical.
    (exact identical favors software problem, almost identical favors hardware problem).

A parallel log from the GW would be nice too. Maybe there is a problem in the ACK system.

If you don´t trust your OrangePi hardware - would a temporarily switch to Laptop/Windows/Linux make much effort? Just to prove integrity of GW-Arduino and radio.

• @Reza
    I forgot - you are completely right. Why is there any need for a repeater node in between at 1m distance?

To get a clean solution you could isolate your GW and Node 4 by changing RF-channels and have a look at their private conversation without being disturbed by other (healthy) nodes.

• @tboha
    sorry for english
    generally , my problem is connection.
    i have a controller (domoticz on orangepi) and one serial gateway with usb cable to controller. and some sensors in all of house (Sporadic) and some relay for test just in my room. id 4 or 160 is choose random for test. i am near controller and test some sketch, some relay , radio and etc...
    so my problem is just connection between relays and gateway. sensors is good and work well and report all of states. but relays. first can not connection and show error :
    (4143 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    6150 !TSM:FPAR:NO REPLY
    6152 TSM:FPAR
    6188 TSF:MSG:SEND,5-5-255-255,s=255,c=3,t=7,pt=0,l=0,sg=0,ft=0,st=OK:
    8195 !TSM:FPAR:FAIL
    8196 TSM:FAIL:CNT=1
    8198 TSM:FAIL:PDT)
    but after some time (with some power off/on) relay can connect to gateway . but after connect this is very unstable and some command send and some command dont send and show error ( NACK...)
    i test and i change hardware and sketch but dont resolve 😞

A parallel log from the GW would be nice too. Maybe there is a problem in the ACK system.

this is a solution ?please explain more . what am i do ?
    use a repeater near gateway and use this for connect all of relays to gateway?

• @Jan-Gatzke
    my radios is not fake. i use 3 type of radio nrf+ but i have problem

• @Reza

Can you try to add the following line to your sketch?

#define MY_RF24_PA_LEVEL RF24_PA_LOW

Right at the top, along with the other defines. I had similar problems with a LED Dimmer node. This solved the problem.

• @Reza No, an additional repeater was not intended (though it may be a solution).
    From your "Node 4" log I conclude:

• you got at least 3 fully functional nodes (node 2,3,4). These nodes talk to each other in the environment of MySensors in an expected way.
    • so hardware (radio and power) is ok. Software is ok too.
    • GW functionality is partially ok - maybe hard- or software issues.

Now there is a decision to make: go on testing potentially defective hardware or start over with known intact hardware.

Go on testing means: are this failures reproducible? So I asked for logs of repeated boot sequences.
    Until now we don´t know the exact failure. The parallel log from Gateway would show if there are really missing transmissions (and the extent of missing messages) or only missing ACKs.
    I used ACKs last time in MySensors 1.4 and those days it made more trouble than profit. At last is showed up transmissions were ok (enough) the ACK system was not ok.
    For my purposes MySensors keeps up with transmission difficulties so I have not to care about (15m Distance, in house, reinforced concrete). So I decided not to use ACKs anymore and this did not reduce performance.

If there are not to many missing transmissions (compare node messages vs. GW messages) I would skip the whole ACK thing.

I would test potentially defective hardware first because it is easy to get some logs an costs not much time.
    Jan Gatzkes proposal is done quickly too.

An additional repeater would only obscure severe GW-problems. For the GW is the heart of MySensors system - you should not tolerate any problems (hard- or software) because it will come on top again in the very near future.

Starting over with known hardware takes more effort but should be doable in a manageable amount of time.

• @Jan-Gatzke

use this just for nrf +pa+lna? now i use just usual nrf+

• @tboha
    i test my hardware, change these and test again with some radio and wire and arduino ....
    now about parallel log .what am i do ? this is means i build 2 gateway?

• @Reza No.
    Parallel may not be the exact description, I meant simultaneous recording of GW and node.

I don`t know about Domoticz - maybe there is a raw log function - then you are done.

Or if you installed arduino ide on your OrangePi just use the serial monitor.

Otherwise just hook up a terminal to your gateway.
    I.e. on your OrangePi look for the device GW is bound to and start some terminal program linked hereto (e.g. putty, minicom, kermit).

• @tboha
    i understand . ok thank you . i will test it

• @Reza
    Sometimes it is better to step back and have a look from the distance.

A receipe for a clean restart.

you need:

2 working Arduinos with radio (node 4 and node 3 from your log)

1 working Computer/Laptop with 2 free USB interfaces

preferably Windows with Arduino IDE installed. (Linux might work too.)
    connect both arduinos to your USB ports.
    if Arduinos are different - write down which Arduino is on which port (eg. com34: or similar)

1. start Arduino IDE
    2. from examples/Mysensors load "Gateway serial"
      2a. choose one USB/COM-port.
    3. don´t change anything and load it to the Arduino No.1
    4. from examples/Mysensors load "MockMySensors"
      4a. choose the other USB/COM-Port
    5. don`t change anything and load it to Arduino No.2

You are done. Watch Arduinos communicating via serial monitor.

Ok- you are right - it is not truely simultaneaus - but close enough.

If this is ok you should try to upload the relay-sketch and watch what is happening.

This should not take to long, and as a result you will hopefully know:

• my hardware is ok or not
    • my software (MySensors) is ok or not
    • my sketch is ok or not.

• @tboha
    hi friend , i test it and when i have NACK serial monitor is :
    0_1483382377534_.....jpg

• @tboha
    i think found problem . i was careless about parent, relay is bad working when use a parent device for connect to gateway.but when connect directly , work better . more better . but now there is 2 questions ! first i am near gateway (1meter) and relay for test is near gateway.but after start or reset , some time relay choose a node (10 m far) for parent, while gateway is near that ! why ?
    i know that i can use static parent for nodes but i want know why node choose a node 10m far for parent while gateway is in near (1m)

and second question. why with a parent relay work very bad and more command dont send and there is error!? this is related to power of radio of parent ?
    thank you

• @Reza this is weird - i have to think about.
    Just for clarification:

it seems you issued a command at your controller which results in sending

60;2;1;0;2;1

dissected:
    60; = to node 60,
    2; = sensor 2
    1; = set value
    0; = unacknowledged message (?)
    2; = subtype is V_LIGHT
    1; = payload is "1"

I think you hit button "Relais 2 ON" .

The weird thing is - you haven`t asked for acknowledge - but system is trying to get acknowledge ---- strange.

I just got your next question, I have to think about this too.

• @Reza I think we are getting close to solution.

but after start or reset , some time relay choose a node (10 m far) for parent, while gateway is near that ! why ?

This seems to be the crucial question.
    I never dived into the core functions how MySensors decides about choosing parent.
    Maybe it depends upon speed of answer?

a little excerpt from an earlier log (which i didn´t read close enough, I told you).

2165 TSF:MSG:READ,2-2-4,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:1
    2170 TSF:MSG:FPAR OK,ID=2,D=2
    2340 TSF:MSG:READ,3-3-4,s=255,c=3,t=8,pt=1,l=1,sg=0:3

at 2097 Node 4 broadcasts for parent and gets accepted for parenting from Node 2.
    at 2340 Node 3 offers parenting too - upon which request?

and why doesn`t GW offer parenting ?? GW shows up at 8240 with response to PING, so it is alive and connection was ok.

at least at the moment - unexpected behavior.

So reading logs give us some hints.
    Could you provide a little more from the simultaneous logs? And don´t stick to the NACK logs - the other messages are interesting as well.

• Admin

@tboha
    Thanks for your time and effort, you're doing an excellent analysis. Please find below some answers to your questions:

at 2097 Node 4 broadcasts for parent and gets accepted for parenting from Node 2.
    at 2340 Node 3 offers parenting too - upon which request?

and why doesn`t GW offer parenting ?? GW shows up at 8240 with response to PING, so it is alive and connection was ok.

The find parent step is initiated by a local I_FIND_PARENT_REQUEST broadcast, i.e. all repeaters/GW will reply with I_FIND_PARENT_RESPONSE if their uplink connections are operational (this prevents circular referencing). Node 3 (@2340) is replying to the same request, but ignored due to a greater distance to the GW (D=3+1=4 vs D=1+1=2 from node 4). The GW does not offer parenting, because it's either too close (radio interference) or too far from the requesting node. After a timeout (default 2000ms) the node uses the closest repeater/GW that replied to the request unless a static/preferred parent is defined.

• @tboha
    my friend . i am so sorry , i am weak in english and i can not know what am i do and you told to me what am i do!!
    very very thank you for time and tried for me and my problem. i can not get your time more i am sorry . i am very thank you for tried for me but i think , i am failure.
    this is very complicate for me because i am beginner.
    problems is many. this serial monitor is some problem. every time in serial monitor there is new problem and new error.
    i am Ashamed for your time and thank you . i can not understand your guidance.

• @tekka This is very interesting. I think i will review my own system - just for curiosity. Thank you for this explanation.

@Reza: don´t get desperate. I think you are not a beginner - but if you are - your learning curve is fairly steep.
    As mentioned before, sometimes it is better to step backwards and look from the distance.

If you aren´t too annoyed, I would offer to guide you to a working two-arduino system. (and I am sure @tekka will give advice if necessary) From there you will probably manage it on your own.

Started correctly MySensors will supply you with a lot of fun -- but today it is not funny for you.

So put away this stuff for today, go fishing and have a cold one.

Tomorrow (or Wednesday, because I don´t know my schedule for tomorrow now) we will build up things in an ordered way. (and please don´t scavenge your current gateway, I think it is the source of all evil and I am too curious about the reason).

footnote: if you are worried about your English (I am not) - give google translate a try - if available for your language

• @tboha
    thank you . very thank you

• @Reza

So let us start from scratch.

Before i want to know

• what type of computer are you using (laptop?)
    • Operating system? (Windows?, which version)
    • are you familiar with any kind of terminal? (Putty, Kermit?)
    • does your OrangePi have wifi?

• @tboha
    i use a loptop with win 7 . i use putty for connect to orangepi. no orange pi is connect with LAN

• Hopefully your Nodes 2, 3 and 4 are ok (they communicated correctly according to your log).
    So take two of them.
    Make one a new serial GW and the other a "MockMySensors" Node.

Despite my old Message - please change RF-Channels to another Channel (i don´t know is 72 legal?) for both Arduinos,

Please connect both to your Windows 7 machine with some longer USB cables so you can space them a little apart.

I built meanwhile the same complex - one serial GW and one Mock-Node

• @tboha
    i dont know what is mock my sensors ! so you told me build a new gateway with channel for example 1 ? ( my gateway is channel 0 now) and build a node(relay with channel 1)? gateway connect to my loptop with usb cable ?

• @Reza "MockMySensors" is a Sketch from Mysensors Examples - it doesn´t need any hardware and simulates input for your GW and controller (e.g. giving random numbers as temperature or as humidity - you can chose within the sketch). So you get some Network traffic to check your components without any effort.

Yes change Channel to a private one - far away from channel 0. Maybe 72 is ok - I will look for it.

• @Reza
    Sorry for missing part two:
    Yes, connect GW with USB cable , and Node too. so you can monitor GW with arduino IDE and Node with putty -- or both with putty. Just as you like. For monitoring basic functions we don´t need a controller now.

• @tboha
    my dear friend i suggest continue about this my problem in personal chat or a new topic from me! because other friend may be sad about this long chat.thank you

• @Reza 0_1483477965478_reza3.PNG

Please look at the Check boxes on the right side and click accordingly.

• @tboha 0_1483478514528_Untitleddddd.jpg

my friend node is near gateway and this is ok. but after some test see. there is a error NACK. but if i more distance error of NACK will be more...
    0_1483478625603_Untitlekkkkd.jpg

• @Reza:
    I tried to reproduce the errors shown by your log.
    Part of the errors could be reproduced.
    So if you are leaving range of stable connections, node will try to get an new parent (within range). So broadcasting for new parent is "normal". As long as there is no valid connection node will reject sending messages because "Transport Not Ready". So this is "normal", too.

Leaving range resulted in one or two NACK, then connection died quietly. I never got this amount of NACK you got.

I could not reproduce !TSF:MSG:LEN:0!=8 or something similar. This means the message has been crippled (possibly).

Reviewing logs and testing on my configuration revealed no clue to defective Chips (in regard to NRF24L01). Chips could be fake though, but at least software functions seem to be ok.

Fake NRF modules are reported to have very varying (worse) connection distances, sometimes down to a few (possibly only one) meter(s). Maybe -- may be not.

There are two major differences between our setups. I am currently not working with ACKs, I will test this tomorrow.

Second - I got no actual relays connected (only LEDs). You reported transmission break down simultaneously to pressing switches at higher rate. Are you supplying DC for relays from Arduino or from separate DC-supply? Have you made any arrangement preventing inductive spikes (ferrite rings, self-induction recuperation diode etc) ?
    If you simply unhook your relays and try again - you get better results? (since your non-inductive sensors work well).

If this will turnout true - you may give Solid-State-Relais a try.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics