GatewayESP8266 compiler errors

• Hi,
    I couple of months ago I tried the GatewayESP8266 example together with Domoticz as a controller and it was a success.

Now I have upgraded my environment to Arduino IDE 1.8.x MySensors 2.1.0 and latest Esp8266 board support. When I try compiling the example I run into a couple of compiler errors.

If I define a controller address with

#define MY_CONTROLLER_IP_ADDRESS 192,168,149,3

I end up with following errors:

ESP8266WiFi.h:39: In file included from
    GatewayESP8266nicke.ino:126: from
    WiFiClient.h: In instantiation of size_t WiFiClient::write(T&, size_t) [with T = char*; size_t = unsigned int]
    MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp:207: required from here

WiFiClient.h: 123:36: error: request for member 'available' in 'source', which is of non-class type 'char*
    size_t left = source.available()

WiFiClient.h: 127:5: error: request for member 'read' in 'source', which is of non-class type 'char*

This could be solved by changing

nbytes = client.write(_ethernetMsg, strlen(_ethernetMsg));

to

nbytes = client.write(&_ethernetMsg[0], strlen(_ethernetMsg));

If I enable

#define MY_USE_UDP

Even more errors will show up, for example:

MyGatewayTransportEthernet.cpp: 303:14: error: no match for 'operator[]' (operand types are 'inputBuffer' and 'int')
    inputString[0].string[packet_size] = 0

Is this a compatibility issue between any of the involved libraries?
    Or am I doing something wrong?

• Admin

Running gateway in client-mode isn't supported by many controllers so I guess not many have tried this combination (with the ESP).

Maybe you can post an issue over at github with your findings. A test sketch should probably also be created for our continuous integration, so this won't happen again.

• @hek !
    Actually I remember now, that I did not run the gateway in client mode last time I used it with Domoticz. I used it in server mode. However I'll post this on github if it can be of any help.
    Thanks
    /Nicklas

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics