Question about powering the nrf24l01+ with atmega328ppu ?

• Hi, i'm new to mysensors and i'm trying to build a classic temp/humidity node with an atmega328p (with arduinolilypad 8mhz bootloader) + dht22 + nrf24l01. I want to run the whole module on a cr2032 battery.
    My node is actually running really great, but I have a question about the right way to power the nrf24l01.
    Actually my nrf24l01 module is directly connected to the battery + and gnd, is it the right way to do ? I presume that the nrf does not enter sleep mode when i put my atmega in sleep mode if it's allways connect to + and GND ?
    I'm sorry if my english is not very good it's not my primary language.

• @linkos
    You have connected it correct. MySensors code will put the nRF to sleep.

• ok thanks for your answer, so it will be in sleep mode even if it's directly powered via the battery ?
    i'm sorry but I've another question ^^ how can I measure the total amperage of my module ? i've try with my multimeter (on mA caliber or uA caliber) in serie but it show me 0 uA 😞
    I want to try with a shunt resistor but I don"t know how to calculate the good value of the resistor (my module is 3v powered with cr2032)
    sorry for that newbies questions ^^

• @linkos said in Question about powering the nrf24l01+ with atmega328ppu ?:

ok thanks for your answer, so it will be in sleep mode even if it's directly powered via the battery ?

Yes it will go to sleep.

i'm sorry but I've another question ^^ how can I measure the total amperage of my module ? i've try with my multimeter (on mA caliber or uA caliber) in serie but it show me 0 uA 😞
    if you connect it in serie then it should show you mA. Try to measure a not battery powered arduino and see if you can measure the mA

• thanks for your answer 😉

it's a good news because i've allready made the pcb for the module ^^

alt text

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics