Stepper wont work with Mysensors

• Hello,

I try to run a stepper 28byj-48 with driver in mysensors. As soon as I Mysensors.h activate the stepper motor will not run. Can anyone help me what I do wrong. I use Int 4,5,6,7, above. Also at 3,4,5,6 not work I put too // for Mysensors the engine is running normally. Also burn without Mysensors all 4 LEDs. With Mysensors burn only 3 LEDs.

• Hi,
    we need

• Schematic
    • Code
    • Relevant links to the used parts i.e. datasheets

• Here the image and the code that i wil use it a start. I am new to programm arduino.

Schematic that i use this works without Mysensors.h (see the sketch)

http://engyfun.blogspot.nl/2015/02/here-is-source-code-for-our-28byj48.html

// =========================== Zet de serielle monitor aan ======================================
    #define MY_DEBUG
    // **************************** Einde Debug *****************************************************

// =========================== Radio instelling RFM 69 ===========================================
    //#define MY_RADIO_NRF24
    #define MY_RADIO_RFM69

//=========================== Node en Child infomatie =============================================
    #define MY_NODE_ID 17
    #define CHILD_ID 2
    //**************************************************************************************************

//***************************** Einde Radio setup ***************************************************

#include <SPI.h>
    //#include <MySensors.h>
    #include <AccelStepper.h>

#define HALFSTEP 8

// ============================ Motor pin definitions ==================================================
    #define motorPin1  4                    // IN1 on the ULN2003 driver 1
    #define motorPin2  5                    // IN2 on the ULN2003 driver 1
    #define motorPin3  6                    // IN3 on the ULN2003 driver 1
    #define motorPin4  7                    // IN4 on the ULN2003 driver 1

int CHILD_CURTAIN_ID =4;

// Initialize with pin sequence IN1-IN3-IN2-IN4 for using the AccelStepper with 28BYJ-48
    AccelStepper stepper1(HALFSTEP, motorPin1, motorPin3, motorPin2, motorPin4);

//==================================================================================================

MyMessage msg_S_COVER_U(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID, V_UP);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_D(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID, V_DOWN);
    MyMessage msg_S_COVER_S(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID, V_STOP);
    MyMessage msg(CHILD_CURTAIN_ID,V_UP);

//*************************************************************************************************

// ==============================  Begin Setup ===========================================================
    void setup() 
    {
      stepper1.setMaxSpeed(18000.0);
      stepper1.setAcceleration(100.0);
      stepper1.setSpeed(400);
      stepper1.moveTo(20000);

}
    //****************************----- (Einde setup )---********************************************************

// ==============================---- Begin Loop ----========================================================
    void loop() 
    {

//Change direction when the stepper reaches the target position
      if (stepper1.distanceToGo() == 0) 
      {
        stepper1.moveTo(-stepper1.currentPosition());
      }
      stepper1.run();
    }

// **************************** Eind Loop ==================================================================```)

Sorry i can get the  code not in a nice black box.

• Code looks good so far... (you misplaced the starting and ending ``` to mark code in a black box).

What I can tell you from own, painful experience: If anything fails with the radio setup (also registration I think), loop() will never be executed. I was testing a LED library, working perfectly without MySensors.h but not doing anything with MySensors.h included.

Later I realized my controller was switched off..after I switched it on everything worked. So ensure that MySensors can communicate properly. That means implementing presentation() and all other functions..

• @Pansen,

Thanks i give it a try.

• @ Pansen It work now!
    When connect the radio then the 4e led and stepper is working.
    Thanks for the help.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics