RFID Log

• I am developing an RFID read/writer based on the one in the hardware section here that actuates our garage door. I have a functioning Ethernet gateway, several function nodes and am using Domoticz as a controller. What I would like to do is write to the Domoticz log when a card is scanned. I would like to keep a record of who comes and goes. I can't seem to find any documentation on how to do this. Any suggestions?

I have thought about using a pi and write to the Domoticz log through json but I would rather use the MySensors network.

• @dpcr

MyMessage TEXTMsg(CHILD_ID_TXT,V_TEXT);  // Send UID of RFID tag

sendSketchInfo("RFID UID", "0.0.9",false);
      present(CHILD_ID_TXT, S_INFO, "RFID UID",false);

#ifdef MY_DEBUG
        Serial.print("UID sent to Controller: ");
        Serial.println(uid_rfid_str);
      #endif
      send(TEXTMsg.set(uid_rfid), false);		

Hope this helps. I use it this way and it works like a charm. Just remember you need to convert the uid to string in order to send it as text to Domoticz.

Regards,
    Martin

• @martins Thanks so much, I'll give it a try and let you know how it works out. In my node I'm saving (FRAM) the UID along with the name of the person who hold the tag, so I'd like to send not only the UID but the persons name as well. Again thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.

• @martins It worked out well, I had to tweak it a bit for my situation, but all is well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics