[SOLVED] Multiple source files & including MySensors.h problem

• Hi,
    I am trying to create a sketch with multiple source files (to keep my own classes definitions out of main sketch file), but I am not able to include MySensors.h.

Lets consider the following GatewayESP8266 example (4 files) for NodeMCU 0.9 board:

I have the main sketch file GatewayESP8266.ino

// GatewayESP8266.ino
    #include "myownconfig.h"
    #include <MySensors.h>

MySensor config file myownconfig.h

// myownconfig.h
    #ifndef MYOWNCONFIG_H
    #define MYOWNCONFIG_H
    // Enable debug prints to serial monitor
    #define MY_DEBUG
    #endif

and my test class header and source files test.cpp and test.h

// test.cpp
    #include "test.h"

// test.h
    #ifndef TEST_H
    #define TEST_H

#include "myownconfig.h"
    #include <MySensors.h>

class Test {
       MyMessage &message;
      };
    #endif

Compiling (board NodeMCU 0.9) gives a bunch of errors:
    sketch/test.cpp.o: In function `__gdb_do_break': /Users/hynekbaran/Documents/Arduino-ESP/libraries/MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransport.cpp:69: multiple definition of `g_cont' sketch/GatewayESP8266.ino.cpp.o:/Users/hynekbaran/Documents/Arduino-ESP/libraries/MySensors/core/MySensorsCore.h:428: first defined here sketch/test.cpp.o: In function `__gdb_do_break': /Users/hynekbaran/Documents/Arduino-ESP/libraries/MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransport.cpp:69: multiple definition of `_ethernetServer' sketch/GatewayESP8266.ino.cpp.o:/Users/hynekbaran/Documents/Arduino-ESP/libraries/MySensors/core/MySensorsCore.h:428: first defined here sketch/test.cpp.o: In function `hwInit()': /Users/hynekbaran/Documents/Arduino-ESP/libraries/MySensors/core/MyGatewayTransport.cpp:69: multiple definition of `hwInit()' sketch/GatewayESP8266.ino.cpp.o:/Users/hynekbaran/Documents/Arduino-ESP/libraries/MySensors/core/MyHwESP8266.cpp:24: first defined here sketch/test.cpp.o: ... collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status exit status 1 Error compiling for board NodeMCU 0.9 (ESP-12 Module).
    The same problem appears with ArduinoPro DimmableLigth test project.

Thanks for help!

• Contest Winner

Hi, I think you have a similar issue to mine at https://forum.mysensors.org/topic/6084/including-mysensors-h-in-multiple-files. You don't want to include MySensors.h in the other header files but individual MySensors headers containing the functions you need e.g.

#include <core/MySensorsCore.h>

• @user2684 Yes, that is the solution. Thanks a lot!

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics