ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(1,7)

• Just wanted to share this information.

I encountered quite a lot of wdt reset errors on my ESP nodes until I found this thread here.

So reconnecting USB should fix it.

• Hardware Contributor

@mpp - yupp, I had the same error when I had a 5 to 3.3v regulator which didnt give enough mA through. When I changed the voltage regultator to a better one which could handle enough current for my project it worked. I had the same error in serial monitor on a ESP-07 as described in the topic.

• @sundberg84 are you using the Decoupling-Capacitor as described here?

• Hardware Contributor

@mpp - Im always using caps on my power inputs for almost everything! (Including voltage regulators)
    That site and the Decoupling-Capacitor is mostly describing the nrf24l01+ radio and not the ESP though. There are other resources for the NRF out there but I would suggest using atleast 1x0,1uF and one 10uF cap on the 5 to 3.3v voltage regulator for the ESP.

• @sundberg84 i'm not using nrf at the moment but rfm69. Does the rfm radio also require a cap? And could you point me to a schematic for a cap on the voltage regulator? Doesn't the esp have an internal voltage regulator?

• Hardware Contributor

@mpp said in ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(1,7):

@sundberg84 i'm not using nrf at the moment but rfm69. Does the rfm radio also require a cap?
    And could you point me to a schematic for a cap on the voltage regulator? Doesn't the esp have an internal voltage regulator?

I found this looks good. It wont hurt using capacitors but im sure some will do without as well.
    Under the header "Part Selection: Voltage Regulator" you find a typical schematics for a voltage regulator in this case LM1117. If you want to go specific you can in most cases look up recommended capacitors in the datasheet for your regulator. As a general rule I use one small 0,1uF and one large 10uF...

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics