ESP8266 with RFM69HW - missing packets

• I have a problem with the wifi gateway.
    I run this gateway with ESP12E + RFM69HW powered by 9V battery with AMS1117-3.3V.
    ESP12E has GPIO0, GPIO2, EN pullup to VCC with 10k and GPIO15 to GND with 10k.

Node (Mini Pro 3v 8MHz) is simply RSSI transmitter with OLED screen.
    I test transmision with:

boolean succes = send(msgRSSI1.set(rssi));
     if (!succes){display.print("E ");}

Not every package comes to Gateway.

When i run Serial Gateway all is ok. All packets comes to Gateway.

Sorry for my bad English.

• In MySensors-development with #define MY_RFM69_NEW_DRIVER all packets comes to gateway twice or three times.
    Better than before, but why are they several times?

• How many packets per second are you sending to ESP side?

• In loop:
    V_VAR1
    V_VAR1
    V_VAR1
    Wait 5sec.

Between 3 VAR messages no wait.

• Please try to test code with wait() between each send. In some enviroments (not in all) sometimes (not always) ESP code blocks thread of execution up to 200 milliseconds while waiting for TCP ACK packet. So if you send next your packet in this 200 ms interval packet (or next packet) can be missed.

• In 2.1.1 wait 200ms, did not help
    In development, everything is okay. All messages is received by gateway once.
    Tomorrow I will check the range, maybe I do not need RFM69HCW just RFM69CW. Thanks for help.

One observation:
    Global variables in development version use a lot of dynamic memory. Its normal ?

• @melwinek why are you using #define MY_RFM69_NEW_DRIVER? The documentation about this doesn't explain why you should or should not use it.

• MY_RFM69_NEW_DRIVER uses unique transmission power control, if the distance is less, transmission power is also reduced.

• @melwinek thank you. What controller and sketch are you using?

• Controller: fhem
    Sketch: GatewayESP8266OTA with my changes:

#define MY_RADIO_RFM69
    #define MY_RFM69_NEW_DRIVER
    #define MY_RFM69_MAX_POWER_LEVEL_DBM 13
    #define MY_RF69_IRQ_PIN 15
    #define MY_RF69_IRQ_NUM MY_RF69_IRQ_PIN
    #define MY_RF69_SPI_CS 16

Hardware is very simple 🙂
    0_1494437968070_1.jpg
    0_1494437986271_2.jpg

• Wow, very simple indeed! You're just using the ESP12E chip, have you tried using a microcontroller like the NodeMCU or WeMos D1?

• NodeMCU is much bigger. It also costs a lot more. I do not need a USB port or any other features that have these modules.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics