Sensors giving wrong data after some time

• I have the following problem:

My first node with 2 sensors (DHT22 for room temp & hum and a DS18B20 for the fish tank) is working fine for some time and then suddenly starts to give wrong information from the sensor. So the temperature and humidity start showing 0. Where do i start to find the problem?

See the attached image.
    It's random on both sensors not both at the same time.![alt text](0_1495293198511_Knipsel.PNG image url)

• By the way,

the gateway is connected to a Rpi3 running domoticz.

• Mod

Is that the temperature from dht22? If so have you tried to replace it? Keep in mind that dht sensors aren't in the category of reliable sensors ☺

• what about the DS18B20? still report stable temperature? apperar be a broken sensors or miss joint(broken solder) or something.

i have one dh22 that is on an egg incubator and already did 2 cycles of hatching eggs with sucess and accurate reading with humidity on about 80%
    but just in case i have an DS18B20 as an secundary arduino with a buzzer(5ºc tolerance up and down) just in case dh22 went crazy 😛

• Mod

Dallas sensors are good. Well for incubator DHT22 should be fine, I just don't like DHT because they tend to jump values around, but yes a secondary monitor is nice to prevent roasted chicks 😄

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics