v2.2 node and v1.4 pi gw

• I have a fully working MYS system consisting of 5 v1.5 nodes and v1.4 pi gw (the only pi gw available before v2.1 was introduced)

Everything is working fantastic. Recently, I started to experiment with nrf52DK that naturally drove me to creating a v2.2 node.

The node is not recognized by my current pi gw (expected), BUT! if I briefly power on v2.2 serial GW based on Nano, then not only Nano GW recognizes the node, but my old pi gw starts getting messages from it, EVEN if I power off v2.2 gw later on.

So, I assume when I switch on the v2.2 gw, something happens (like handshaking) at the node level so it actually starts sending messages.

The question is: can I implement this "something" via #defines and omit powering on v2.2 gw to kick-start the node.

My current defines:

MY_NODE_ID xx
    MY_PARENT_NODE_ID 0
    MY_PARENT_NODE_IS_STATIC

I also tried:

MY_REGISTRATION_FEATURE (false)
    MY_CORE_COMPATIBILITY_CHECK (false)

with no sucess.

Before I switch on v2.2gw I've got the following debug from the node:

24167 !TSM:UPL:FAIL
    24168 TSM:FPAR
    24170 TSM:FPAR:STATP=0
    24172 TSM:ID
    24173 TSM:ID:OK
    24174 TSM:UPL

• Admin

When your v2.2 node starts up, it starts a handshake sequence. This is only supported on a v2.2 gateway. If not answered correctly, then the Node assumes that no gateway is available, and will not communicate with your v1.4 gw

When you start your GW based on nano, the node completes it's handshake sequence, and can communicate with your older gateway afterwards

• @tbowmo thx. that;s what I thought. Is there any way to "simulate" the handshaking?
    And logical question: obviously, my strategic route is to upgrade the pi gw to v2. What are the chances it will read my v1.5 nodes correctly as upgrading them is PITA?

• Admin

@Toyman

If I remember right, the GW can be upgraded to v2.2, and still communicate with nodes with earlier library versions. (Actually it works for me, as I haven't updated all my nodes in a long time, and the GW is updated recently)

• Hardware Contributor

If I remember right, the GW can be upgraded to v2.2, and still communicate with nodes with earlier library versions.

Works for me as well. GW with 2.2 and nodes with everything from 1.4 up to 2.2.

• Thank you guys, I will just update the gw without messing with the node

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics