Manual assigning node id's for network with repeaters

• Hi All,

Trying to set up a network, but without a controller (like VERA or RB-pi). Using the serial gateway I found out that I could get the readings from a sensor (multiple dallas temperature) via the radio's. so far so good.
    Now I would like to use some extra (1 or 2 i guess) repeater nodes in order to get the sensors communicating over a larger distance, but am strugling to get the sensor talking via a repeater to the serial gateway. Searched for some points in the code (well done BTW !!) were I could tweak it such that it does what I would like to have, but without good luck so far.
    Any instructions anywhere how to set this up manually. I found out how to assign a node-id manually, but how do I have to proceed to get this working, as per below;

sensor -> repeater 1 (-> repaeter 2) -> serial gateway.

Any help appreciated.

BR

Boozz

• Admin

You should just have to enable repeater mode in gw.begin() and call gw.process() in the repeater node. See api documentation for details.

"sensor" will find the shortest way to gateway.

• Thanks hek,

Did it a bit different, but probably with the result i wanted.

In the repeaternode sketch I used the following line:

gw.begin(NULL,4,true);

This created a repeater node with node-id 4 (just an arbitrary number)

In the Dallastemperature example I used:

gw.begin(NULL,5,false,4)

This created the sensor node with id=5, talking via repeaternode 4 to the serial gateway. This works. See the info from the temperature sensor being relayed to the serial-gateway.

I haven't tried the method you suggested yet, but this sounds interesting of course. Wiil do that after Christmas I think.

Boozz

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics