Ethernet node? Gateway with local sensors only?

• Before using wireless technology in my automation system I was building MQTT Arduino nodes with Ethernet.

I like MySensors as a platform and want to unify the code I have on my nodes so I am considering reflashing those (3 at the moment) Arduinos and use MySensors.

What I have in mind is having more Arduino gateways without antennas that will have own mqtt topic and have sensors attached directly in them. I do not know how much work it will be to remove the code for chechking the NRF module at startup.

The other option is to have code of a node but I will need to add mqtt client code so it might be a lot of work to go that route.

Has anyone considered something like this? Standalone node/gateway with local sensors only with own Ethernet module for MQTT communication?

• Mod

@8667 yes. Just comment MY_RADIO_NRF24 in the MQTT gateway example. Then present your sensors and send their data like any other node.

From the build page (my emphasis)

The W5100 MQTT gateway sends radio network (or locally attached sensors) data to your MQTT broker.

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics