ESP8266 Gateway Sending data directly to Cloud MQQT or Thingspseak...?

• Hi,

I am planning to create Door Sensor running on MySensors using low power hardware and sleeping most of the time.

At receiving end, I want to build an ESP8266 Gateway connected as per MySensor design.
    I, however want to send data directly to cloud based service like MQTT or Thingspeak.
    I want to then display data on a Mobile App or website. I want to keep the cost low
    so bypassing the local Controller is the only option (usually Domoticz running on a RPi3 etc..)
    Plus I can keep the Node (Door Sensor on Reed Switch) running on Battery and the Gateway kept anywhere in the house where Wifi is available with a 24X7 power source.

I wanted to check with the forum members if this is feasible? On a high level this sounds doable but wanted to check before I go down this road.

Many Thanks~~~
    T

• Mod

It all depends if the cloud service you want to use is capable of reading the data coming from the mqtt gateway, otherwise you would probably need to do some mods in the gw code. Another option could be to use a sleeping esp8266 with sensors attached and have it publish data directly over mqtt, maybe not as battery friendly as a pro mini 3.3v but it would make a very simple setup

@tango156157 said in ESP8266 Gateway Sending data directly to Cloud MQQT or Thingspseak...?:

I wanted to check with the forum members if this is feasible?

yes

Suggested Topics

Users

Topics